THE BROWNS BOARD

AUG 7 Friday's Browns Camp - Twitter Highlights

Dan in Florida

Damn! It's hard to tell how strong these guys are watching them on TV against one another - that gives me a great idea of how brutal someone like Rogers really is.

Rogers is a friggen beast MFer, just insanely bad.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why people think Mack is a dissapointment so far..there have been reports of him planting Rogers on his butt a time or two. I expect this guy to struggle agains Rogers. I also hear he is improving all the time. I am sure he is learning a lot lining up against rogers and from the other vet's on the line. This guy is smart and strong.. He's gonna be there. But i think some of your expectations are a bit high if you think he is going to walk in as a rookie and start pushing around Rogers and these other veteran DLman.. Give him a few weeks to get used to the size speed and power of everyone else and to learn the plays..He's gonna be just fine. It's so early in camp. It seems like all the WR's are doing well. But guys.. Start forgetting the name steptoe..he will NEVER make the roster.. He never should have last year.. he's terrible.

He got a sack during one of the scrimmages yesterday. Otherwise, I didn't notice him much, though he did look bigger than I expected - he's got some nice guns.

He certainly does. To put up the most reps (30) of any LB at the combine certainly speaks for itself, but to do it only weighing about 230lbs!! I can't wait to see this beast develop!

apparently this new avatar's juju is off the charts! it has seriously shifted the scales of normalcy into bizarro-ville.

meanwhile, as DA has quietly gained momentum in the QB race, Lumbergh's thank(s) stock has somehow nearly doubled. there are people posturing and backpedaling all over, some even showing "the assasin" some opportunity for forgiveness (i even saw shep throw his former QB incumbent under the bus once)!

this is too much power for one person to have...

still, in other news it apparently has no affect on the OBR biosphere.

Its sounding like one QB has finally outshined the other during practice. Hopefully this lights a fire under DA and they can be even again, but we'll hear "Both QBs were awesome today, slight advantage to..." instead of "Both QBs suck but ... sucked least". Or Quinn will just run away with it, I'd take that too.

actually i don't think Quinn's advantage is real D'Q. every other site i read but OBR is reporting DA had a good day and that his short game shows obvious improvement. i liked how the OBR write-up didn't elaborate on that drill at all. :rolleyes:

DA has been the more successful QB overall...according to sites that don't show Quinn bias (and it doesn't appear they are showing DA bias either fwiw, just reality).

it's funny how after reading the OBR stuff some of you come away thinking things no one else out there is reporting...like that Quinn is overshadowing DA right now. and they show serious poetic license how they skip over nearly any of Quinn's miscues but elaborate and put DA's in bold.

it's a beautiful thing they aren't the only ones out there reporting--truth is making it's way to the fanbase slowly but surely. it's sinking in DA's not going to go away and people are finally accepting he has some serious value. who knows? come September my brethren might actually be able to handle him being named the starter after-all.

apparently this new avatar's juju is off the charts! it has seriously shifted the scales of normalcy into bizarro-ville.

meanwhile, as DA has quietly gained momentum in the QB race, Lumbergh's thank(s) stock has somehow nearly doubled. there are people posturing and backpedaling all over, some even showing "the assasin" some opportunity for forgiveness (i even saw shep throw his former QB incumbent under the bus once)!

this is too much power for one person to have...

still, in other news it apparently has no affect on the OBR biosphere.

actually i don't think Quinn's advantage is real D'Q. every other site i read but OBR is reporting DA had a good day and that his short game shows obvious improvement. i liked how the OBR write-up didn't elaborate on that drill at all. :rolleyes:

DA has been the more successful QB overall...according to sites that don't show Quinn bias (and it doesn't appear they are showing DA bias either fwiw, just reality).

it's funny how after reading the OBR stuff some of you come away thinking things no one else out there is reporting...like that Quinn is overshadowing DA right now. and they show serious poetic license how they skip over nearly any of Quinn's miscues but elaborate and put DA's in bold.

it's a beautiful thing they aren't the only ones out there reporting--truth is making it's way to the fanbase slowly but surely. it's sinking in DA's not going to go away and people are finally accepting he has some serious value. who knows? come September my brethren might actually be able to handle him being named the starter after-all.

"DA" sucked. Sorry man, but your a mumbling mess of wrongs. Quinn had a average showing and DA a poor showing. The fact they both have been so poor and one of them(Quinn) had a average showing, it getting so much hype is mad.........just like your obsession for DA.

"DA" sucked. Sorry man, but your a mumbling mess of wrongs. Quinn had a average showing and DA a poor showing. The fact they both have been so poor and one of them(Quinn) had a average showing, it getting so much hype is mad.........just like your obsession for DA.

were you there?

my obsession for DA? is that what it is?

take my bet in the other thread if you are as confident as your claims. i'd love to make you broke and wrong at the same time.

Chill Sisky...............Alot of Browns fans love Quinn for 1 reason and the reason is he is not Anderson. I will say Anderson gave us ten wins got our hopes up then crushed us against a team that is horrible (cincy) he threw 4 ints. wtf I was so mad after that game I went on a rampage to go stomp a few Steeler fans. He needs to prove himself again and after last year I dont think any of us want to give the guy a chance.

Got back late last night from camp and had a blast. My son got autographs from BQ, JT, and JL. I was really impressed with James Davis look really good and also liked how Mass look too. BQ looked really sharp and DA didn't look bad at all. Overall looked great.

Another side note Ratliff dancing was so funny and then DA started too. Great time.

Barton, Bowens, and Mosley were free agents. One reporter made the mistake during minicamp of asking Barton about "coming over in the trade", and he wasn't happy about it. To many players, getting traded is an insult of sorts; your old team was willing to get rid of you for someone else.

I wouldn't be too hard on Shep - for his comment about the draft. I think he was mostly talking about the draft as well as soem of the guys we got from the NY Jets via the tradedown as well as the FA route. I'm sure the players DO get mad at the media because they're getting paid to report accurate info.

I'm excited about what we've done in the offseason. I hope the football gods are KIND to us on the injury front this year. I'm not as devastated about Hadnot as others might be. I think it SUCKS because he's worked hard from what I heard; BUT I liked knowing there are better alternatives to him on this roster.

Mankok is changing mankind in Cleveland 1 day at a time. We finally gotta a team with more testosterone than Worthlessberger's dates.

- Tom F.

Archived