THE BROWNS BOARD

Signs the recession is ending?

I am taking this with a grain of salt, but this is sort of good news. People are still losing jobs.

I know the business that I work for is starting to pick up in the last couple weeks big time. What about any other business? Anyone?

Ending?

We have a propped up market with tax payer dollars, and now we will start to see millions of americans dropping off the list of receiving unemployment checks.

The numbers will lie as politicians use it for their own gain.

We have a propped up market with tax payer dollars, and now we will start to see millions of americans dropping off the list of receiving unemployment checks.

The numbers will lie as politicians use it for their own gain.

T would you be saying the same thing is Bush or Regan was in office and the same shit was happening. Be honest.

Oh wait it did, unemployment was worse under Regan.

NO, the current situation is Obama's fault.

The original start of the recession was Bush's fault.

Why have such a hard time with the difference?

Carter sank our economy with his ignorant bs to double digit interest rates and "gas rationing".

Reagan got us back on track.

Bush ended up being a goof his last four years, and Obama made it worse.

You just hooked yourself. Go fish.

wait, so the "original" recession started under bush, who was as lame as they come, yet obama picks up the tab for shrubs "diligence" and gets the blame too?

thats xxxxin classic.....

sorry cal, but you foggies need to lay down the reigns before you xxxx everything up.

The point, Obamanites, is that Obama has put this country into self-destruct mode.

The deficit is spiraling upward out of control, unemployment is in double digits and going higher,

his "health care" ploy will send this country over the edge, leading to infanticide and seniorcide,

federally funded,

and Bush's bailout and Obama's bailouts are fiasco's, but Obama had more of them.

Obama has put this entire country into jeapardy of financial default, racial chaos, and class

antagonism, upset foreign countries like Israel, for the best example, declared verbal war on

conservatives, excluded Republicans in Congress, dissed our Constitution, and he has broken most

if not all his promises to us, and has openly encouraged Americans to spy on and turn in other Americans,

and speaks of young people's forced conscription into his service....

The similarities of Obama to Hitler, Stalin and MOSTLY, Chavez in Argentina are striking.

All you'all have is fear when it comes to READING the health care bill with me.

But you keep on giving Obama great big smoochies, and slurping the kool-aid.

Hell, even the blue-dog dems in Congress are worried a LOT. And Dems all over this country are very

concerned about the direction Obama is taking us.

Oh ok, so there are 2 recessions? What is great is that old bipartisan codgers like your self are going to be in the grave soon. Bye Bye.

K

So, you are admitting that Obama will exterminate an entire conservative culture or race with gassing?

If this is a threat, I think that's a felony. Let the mods know...

Sorry, but you keep turning serious discussions you'all allegedly wanted so much, into inyourface gotcha's.

It's tiresome, but with statements like your's, it's worrisome.

Oh ok, so there are 2 recessions? What is great is that old bipartisan codgers like your self are going to be in the grave soon. Bye Bye.

K

So, you are admitting that Obama will exterminate an entire conservative culture or race with gassing?

If this is a threat, I think that's a felony. Let the mods know...

Sorry, but you keep turning serious discussions you'all allegedly wanted so much, into inyourface gotcha's.

It's tiresome, but with statements like your's, it's worrisome.

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this. Cal's even paranoid in a chat room. I will thank you, I really enjoyed your post, very funny.

My job is being "eliminated" on 9/30/09 due to the PNC buy of National City Bank. So I feel the pain.

Man that is weird. Our business is pretty level. We had 2 of the biggest weeks this last month, that we have had in the last 15 months?

Sorry to hear that bro. Hey maybe it is a blessing in disguise?

Carter also fell victim to the oil embargo AND the fact that Voelker put the brakes on to ward off inflation.

Mistake?

Who can tell.

It comes and goes.

I just think downturns can be prolonged by the wrong kind of interference.

Or helped in the short term as things right themselves.

WSS

My job is being "eliminated" on 9/30/09 due to the PNC buy of National City Bank. So I feel the pain.

Not to bash your industry but banks are one of the reasons my firm shut down. We had people wanting to build projects and have us design it for them, but they couldn't get the funding for it. I understand the banks are shell shocked. I thought that the bailout was so they keep lending money but they aren't. They make money by loaning it out so maybe without the bailout they would be more willing to lend?

Sucks to be without a job right now. There's not a lot out there.

Not to bash your industry but banks are one of the reasons my firm shut down. We had people wanting to build projects and have us design it for them, but they couldn't get the funding for it. I understand the banks are shell shocked. I thought that the bailout was so they keep lending money but they aren't. They make money by loaning it out so maybe without the bailout they would be more willing to lend?

Sucks to be without a job right now. There's not a lot out there.

A lot of smaller companies rely on banks to extend a line of credit so they can meet payroll and such. Since the Bank Bailout/Takeover many banks have stopped lending. Why is it that the Big 3 Auto makers all of sudden got strapped for cash? even with Banks taking all the loot fromtax payers they still wouldn't make loans for new car purchases.

It really Sucks in the rust belt to look for new work while GM & Chrysler are closing up shops and shipping the equipment overseas. That is Change You can Believe in.

Ohio jobless rate hits 11.1 percent but in spots it is even higher almost double.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009071...ts+11.1+percent

I'm so sorry you guys.

I feel like my job is pretty safe but sometimes you just never know.

On CBS news tonight they said the national unemployment rate fell some percentage (maybe 2%)...but I wondered how much of it really FELL and how much of it were people who are now no longer eligible for unemployment. So now they are just stuck.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here, What is sad is how the media will spin a success story of how the economy is doing great and that the worst is behind us. I hope it is. But there are people still without jobs and have accumulated a lot of debt while being unemployed.

will we see a special report on CNN or MSNBC with Chris Matthews on families moving into tent cities across the USA?

Over Half a Million to Exhaust Benefits by End of September; 1.5 Million

by End of ‘09 Article

I told you so...... here is your proof, the spin is in the pudding

Lets see how Odummy spins this using math.

The question nobody will ask, Mr President How many people went back to work?

Archived