THE BROWNS BOARD

Lum, I'm Still Waiting for Your Answer

alporcini

QUOTE (alporcini @ Aug 6 2009, 02:10 PM)

Lum... serious question for you... and I'm sorry if somebody has asked you this before, and I missed your reply...

Which hypothetical scenario would make you happier?....

Anderson wins the starting job... has a monster season... makes the Pro Bowl again... but, despite a stellar 3 TD performance, the Browns lose in the AFC Championship game?

Quinn wins the starting job... has a decent to good season... manages the team to a wild card spot... but despite so-so stats runs the table and the Browns go to Super Bowl...

No personal attack intended...

I'd just like to know.

QUOTE (Lumbergh @ Aug 6 2009, 04:10 PM)

Quinn plays poorly and the Browns go to the super bowl?

Try again. Come up with a more realistic scenario next time.

First I got one for you:

Would you rather have the Browns 2007 season as it was, or would you rather have watched Brady Quinn play and the team go 2-14 that year?

QUOTE (alporcini @ Aug 6 2009, 08:14 PM)

Inspecta beat me to it... I didn't say "Quinn plays poorly" , simply that Quinn manages the games about as solidly as Eli Manning and we go to a Super Bowl.

It's a simple direct question.

What's your direct answer?

Dude, it's a simple question... no need to misinterpret it, or change the focus.

Little Al,

like I said the first time, try again.

next time bring a more realistic scenario.

let me know when you figured out what I just told you.

Perhaps you can let me know by starting another new thread about it.

When you're done with that, answer the question I asked you.

10-6 in '07 with DA or 2-14 in '07 with BQ, what makes you hotter?

Nothing personal. Just want to know.

thanks and have a nice day

Little Al,

How is a game manager (Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning) taking his team to a wild card showing and a super bowl unrealistic?

Little Al,

WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER HIS QUESTION FIRST BEFORE ASKING HIM ONE, OR ARE YOU NOT MAN ENOUGH TO DO IT. HIS SET UP IS NOT THAT FAR OFF NOT ANY FURTHER OFF THEN YOURS.

How is a game manager (Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning) taking his team to a wild card showing and a super bowl unrealistic?

How many "game managers" that made it to the Superbowl without a pretty darned good defense? The original poster has a scenario where Anderson has a monster season and a great game in the AFC championship yet still loses, and Quinn has an OK season but wins the Superbowl. He's obviously not comparing apples to apples, there's obviously something else in the works... like a great defense or a heck of a lot of luck in Quinn's case.

Personally, the wins are where it's at, who wouldn't prefer a Superbowl title? The original poster seems to be somehow linking a great job by Anderson to failure at some level, and a decent job by Quinn to a Superbowl title without some other factors tied in... stupid question. In the real world I'd want both... a QB with a monster season AND a solid team that goes to and wins the Superbowl.

By the way, Johnson actually led the NFC in passer's rating in his Superbowl year, not sure if that's "game management" or a "Monster year"?

No, you completely miss the point dude, not even close.

The point is that Lumnuts is NOT a Browns fan, therefore he would much rather watch Anderson have a monster season, then see Quinn take the Browns to the Superbowl and win it.

Why was that so hard for you to understand? Anybody with half a brain can see the motive behind the question, and it's premise is one that I've been saying for a long time, that Lumbergh has no business on this board, because he's not a Browns fan, but merely a DA fan posing as a Browns fan. There isn't a single person on this board that believes he's a real Browns fan, hell most of us don't even believe he's a real person

So we are still waiting for an answer, but he's not going to give one because like I said, he's a character who's script has been written for him to not do or say certain things on this message board, and acting like a Browns fan, or talking football is one of them. He's the town drunk or town idiot, a punching bag for all of us to let loose on when we feel like kicking somebody around. And he never fights back, he just sits there and takes it up the ass and then asks for some more....

He's basically USA...>Characters welcome....

I would to go with Quinn and win the superbowl. After all, isn't the superbowl the main goal?

It seems that a semi-serious thread requiring you to think critically has proven to be too much for you, lummy.

Lets try something easier. Which would you prefer?

Quinn winning the starting job and performing great all season?

Or Derek Anderson winning the starting job, and coming to your house with a rubber glove, lube, and a big black dildo?

It seems that a semi-serious thread requiring you to think critically has proven to be too much for you, lummy.

Lets try something easier. Which would you prefer?

Quinn winning the starting job and performing great all season?

Or Derek Anderson coming to your house with a rubber glove, lube, and a big black dildo?

ROFL! :lol:

it is not that he hates Quinn per say it is just that it is Quinn standing in the way of his man-crush.. kinda like the cheerleader mom who tried to kill the competition.

Little Al,

Lum... since 1999 I've rooted for Ty Detmer, Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Jeff Garcia, Kevin Thompson, Kelly Holcomb, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Doug Pederson, Charlie Frye, DA!!!!, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, even Bruce Gradkowski... (did I leave anybody out?)

If you want to go back to the mid 70's, I've cheered for Don Horn, Will Cureton, Bill Nelsen, Mark Miller, Gary Danielson,Tom Flick, Brad Goebel, Bernie, Paul McDonald, Mike Pagel, Mark Rypien, Sipe, Don Strock, Vinny, Mike Tomczak, Eric Zeier (I really like him at Georgia!), even Mike Phipps.

In 2007, when DA lit up the Bengals in week 2, he was like mannah from heaven...

But, at the end of the day, I don't really care who lines up under center -- Anderson, Quinn, Ratliff, Michael Vick -- as long as he leads the Cleveland Browns to a Super Bowl trophy someday in my lifetime.

Now... what about you?

Thanks for your good wishes and have a lovely weekend.

Is this a true confession?

Nahhhh....I can't believe you.....RifferX....Erty....could pull off such a douchebag character for so long...

Say it ain't so....

Lol...If its true Riff pulled that off for a long time, and did a pretty good job. As much as I dislike lums his posts usually provide some good comedy and unyielding loyalty....almost admirable but not quite

Archived