THE BROWNS BOARD

On the HoF Inductions This Year

dencyguy

Obviously you're going to get great players every year. But one thing that stuck in my mind as I looked at the inductees is that if you were starting a franchise with players from the past 15-20 years and you wanted to have a great pass defense, you couldn't do much better than having Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas pressuring the QB from the outside and Rod Woodson playing just about every position at DB. Like I said, every year you're going to see players that make you go, "Wow, I wish he was on my team," but I don't recall a class that included a guy representing every level of the defense.

Next year's class should include guys from the same period that you would want as skill players for your QB: Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Tim Brown (although I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer Cris Carter to Brown).

Dennis

Tim Brown (although I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer Cris Carter to Brown).

Dennis

That is kind of like a no brainer to me. Cris Carter better go in before Tim Brown (and I am a Domer.) That just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Good points on the inductees for defense this season. Man, Thomas and Smith rushing the passer? Wow.

Why would anybody think Tim Brown before Carter, are you serious?

I did this awhile back with Carter but his numbers are sick all time and he is probably considered to have the best hands ever.

Archived