THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign OL Fred Weary

Guest Aloysius

Kind of a weird signing. The list of available OL is pretty long.

Disturbing is more the way i would categorize it. It tells me Mangini is very concerned with the O-line.

Might as well take a flyer and try this guy.

Lol another soon to be injured bench relic im hoping maybe mankok goes for some young stud linemen on both sides of the ball in next 2 years drafts...you can patch a team up with these old guys but you cant rebuild much with them..

Guest Aloysius
Disturbing is more the way i would categorize it. It tells me Mangini is very concerned with the O-line.

I don't see it that way. I think it's more about having enough guards to field a competent 2nd team offensive line in camp.

Hadnot's hurt, Tucker's playing RT, and Isaac Sowells just isn't good enough to play LG. Signing Weary gives them a guy who can fill in there, and it lets Dustin Fry focus on playing center with the 3rd team.

I don't see how Mangini could be desperate, especially if Hadnot's injury isn't a season-ender.

I don't see it that way. I think it's more about having enough guards to field a competent 2nd team offensive line in camp.

Hadnot's hurt, Tucker's playing RT, and Isaac Sowells just isn't good enough to play LG. Signing Weary gives them a guy who can fill in there, and it lets Dustin Fry focus on playing center with the 3rd team.

I don't see how Mangini could be desperate, especially if Hadnot's injury isn't a season-ender.

I agree. sometimes it is about having enough bodies in camp so the first team guys don't get burned out and the defense has some competition when the 1's are resting. I think the staff has a little more info on this guys health then any of us do so I have to go with them on this one.

He isn't going to cost a thing if he doesn't make the team, but, he cold be valuable insurance if Steinbach got nicked.

I agree, you do not want to wear out your starters legs or risk injury before the season begins.

Good move on Mangini, this should keep Tucker fresh for opening day, plus it will give hadnot time to heal.

And who knows some guys come back from major injuries and become the biggest ass kickers on the field. They dont have anything else to loose.

You might be right....

I agree, you do not want to wear out your starters legs or risk injury before the season begins.

Good move on Mangini, this should keep Tucker fresh for opening day, plus it will give hadnot time to heal.

And who knows some guys come back from major injuries and become the biggest ass kickers on the field. They dont have anything else to loose.

Worse case senerio is that Hadnot could be put on PUP and we have Weary for 4 games as a backup. If he does well maybe we say goodbye to Sowells when Hadnot gets back.

Oh, now way it's desperation. If we were desperate, we'd be trading for a more serious guy.

For the record, I said disturbing, and very concerned.

Alo is the one who brought desperate in to the conversation.....not I.

My apologies, Peen.

None necessary.....but as you can see it was starting to take that twist that I had said that, so i felt like i need to set things straight.

This is a low risk high reward move. I in no way see this as an act of desperation. I see this as a coach/gm who is committed to making the OL as good as it can be. This guy was a decent stater. If he has fully recovered we have just improved our OL.. If he's not recovered..we risk little bringing him in. Fatarse Smith we cut on the DL was never any good anyway. Send him back to the Cincinapolis Bungholes

Archived