THE BROWNS BOARD

Maybe we should start Ratliff!

dawgpound3

Yeah, I never did like either one of the others. One can't throw the long ball and the other breaks fingers at less than 15 yards. Ratliff is the answer, glad we finally figured that out and eliminated the QB controversy

Mangini didn't bring Ratliff to sit on the bench with a clipboard. Politically, it may not be viable to start him now, but dump 1 of the 2 bambi's and you are getting closer.

While I agree with Riff et al regarding staying out of a thread rather than posting about how dumb the thread is, but this is a majorly dumb thread.

Regarding Restin's assertion that Mangini didn't bring Ratliff in to hold a clipboard, he's correct. He brought Ratliff in to hold his headset's wire.

dunno, that opening bomb seemed better than ratliff's

Just saw highlights on STO. that opening bomb was about as perfect as you can get.

That said, I do want to see more of Ratliff and not playing behind a rag tag line with a bunch of guys who most likely will be week 4 cuts. I want to see him at least with the #2s.

You gotta be kidding me, those throws were better than Quinn threw all day.

Seriously? The long pass to Patten was a jump ball that Ratliff left short and Gerard Lawson horribly misplayed. He actually beat Patten to the position, gathered himself, and jumped too early. It was awful. There wasn't anyone in the Southwest corner of the stadium that thought that ball would be anything but picked off.

And, he was dismal around the goal line. Staring down receivers... yikes. The ball floats out of his hand. And he, at this point, puts way to much loft on everything.

Let's not get crazy with the backup to the backup quarterback. He's got a long way to go to even get in the conversation.

-jj

Archived