THE BROWNS BOARD

Denver Broncos fan

Fred Garvin

Hey guys...

Not here as a troll. But a big question for you all. Is there a consensus here at the Browns Board about the Broncos-Browns game this year?

Things are hideous in Denver. I would say most of the fans are violently upset at the moves our new coach made in the offseason. While maybe a third of the fans are willing to cut him some slack.

Needless to say, it will likely be a horrific year for the Broncos. The only thing that Denver has going for it is we play in the AFC West.

What's the thought over here in Cleveland about the upcoming matchup? Is everyone confident that the Browns can take the Broncos?

Or are you looking that far ahead?

right now I say sure you guys don't stand a chance but then again we have yet to play a game and I don't have any facts in my face that I am wrong. by facts I mean I have not seen them play yet this year!

Hey guys...

Not here as a troll. But a big question for you all. Is there a consensus here at the Browns Board about the Broncos-Browns game this year?

Things are hideous in Denver. I would say most of the fans are violently upset at the moves our new coach made in the offseason. While maybe a third of the fans are willing to cut him some slack.

Needless to say, it will likely be a horrific year for the Broncos. The only thing that Denver has going for it is we play in the AFC West.

What's the thought over here in Cleveland about the upcoming matchup? Is everyone confident that the Browns can take the Broncos?

We look at you on the schedule and count that as a win for the Browns.

At least I do.

Zombo

Hey guys...

Honestly, all I can say is we have less chaos here in Cleveland, and some semblance of order, where you guys may struggle for an identity, and the QB will catch more hell than ours. A win for Cleveland? Well, that's why they play the games.

I'd say we should be favored by 1 come that Sunday, which I would like to go see since that is the only West Coast game on the schedule I can make.

Too early to get the juices to flow over the Browns Bronco's game... We're still trying to find out who will be under center for the Browns come opening day....

Jump back on board the week prior to the game and I'm sure you will get some great conversation about the upcoming game...

Word of warning; Don't make mention of the drive or the fumble... those are 2 subjects that are a bit painful as you can imagine.....

Keep it real and you might find that we are a bunch of very nice guys and gals, welcome aboard you scum sucking &$%@#^(&*&^$ LOL just joking...

Peace

T.Dawg

Denver has always had our number for some reason, even before Elway came around , but if we are going to be better this year, this is a game we need to win. I still can't believe they canned Shanahan, but I guess they felt the players needed a new voice.

Like another poster wrote, we won't know too much about this game for awhile....just so you know, Denver is #3 on my "hate list," behind Pittsburgh & Cincy.

Hey guys...

lol, this game brings images to my head of 18yr old valley girls having one hell of a slap fight.

in all seriousness, the browns are gonna handle them. all they had going for them last year was their QB and WR and what does your new head coach do as his first order of business???? screw up the only solid unit on their team, that's what. this guy should have been fired the first second he mentioned Cassel to anyone.

moron of a coach.

The coaching in Cleveland looks very promising, but we do have young rookies and new veterans all trying to gel into a new system and we are still not sure of our QB. We are a positive mess with a positive outlook ... I would not be surprised to see us beat you but i would not be surprised if the opposite were to occur too.

(I know what i said was unhelpful in a helpful way)

I don't know how any Browns fan can count this as an automatic win.... Yeah the Broncos are bad, but the Browns have to prove to me that they aren't as bad as everyone outside of Cleveland thinks they are. I tend to drink the Cleveland Kool-Aid at the beginning of the year, but by the end of the year I spit it out because it tastes like toilet water.... so to speak...

Hey guys...

Dude the third worst defense in the league, Kyle Orton and with Marshall injured and not getting reps with his new QB. I will bet the farm that we will 1) beat the Broncos and 2) have a better record. No offense, but it looks like the Broncos have a far worse team then the Browns.

No offense, but it looks like the Broncos have a far worse team then the Browns.

No offense taken. Things are truly terrible in Denver. It's the worst I've seen it and I've been a fan since 1976. Just seeing what other folks are saying.

I love this board. A lot of people on it.

Thanks for the replies.

Guest Aloysius
If Andra Davis is starting at LB...we are going to run you over...lol... I think Broncos could be picking first next year...."if" the head coach has already lost the team...jmo

I believe the Broncos traded their #1 to the Seahawks in order to draft Alphonso Smith. It could have been the Bears' #1 from the Cutler trade, but I haven't seen it reported that way.

No offense taken. Things are truly terrible in Denver. It's the worst I've seen it and I've been a fan since 1976. Just seeing what other folks are saying.

Thanks for the replies.

This is how I feel... as much as we all sit here at our computers and give opinions, the NFL is truly unpredictable. I mean, sure, the Steelers and Pats will be good but can you not say that there is a strong argument against any other team making the playoffs. Heck, the Steelers and Pats can fall off if they fall victim to injury.

Also, any team can surprise no matter how bad they are perceived to be. Barring a set-back, the Broncos will still have Brandon Marshall. on top of him, Knowshon Moreno could be a great rookie RB. If he has a strong year, Denver could be better than people think.

Also, as bad as Orton has been, he won't have the same wind conditions as he did in Chicago. He will have a true no. 1 WR to work with. They also have Eddie Royal, Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler, Lamont Jordan, Peyton Hillis and Cornell Buckhalter on offense.

On defense, they added Brian Dawkins and Robert Ayers and still have Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, and Andre Goodman (Sorry for Andra Davis, Denver fans. He isn't good... at all)

I mean, is that the best/most talent in the world? No. However, in the NFL, anything can happen and these guys have either proven they can play in the past, or possess a lot of potential.

Chances are that Denver isn't very good, but who knows..... weireder things have happened. Like, Derek Anderson losing a battle in camp, regaining his job half-way through the first game and the Browns going 10-5 the rest of the season in games he started.

I don't know how to really answer that! My gut tells me that my Browns will run all over Denver, but my brain tells me not to be stupid...this is the Browns we're talking about! I love the Browns, but they always seem to find a way to disappoint us...especially against your Broncos. However, it is hard to imagine those same Broncos winning this year at all with the mess that your "genius" of a head coach has created. It isn't much of a stretch to imagine the Broncos following Detroit's record season last year. But, again, that's all on paper. When the whistle blows, anything can happen!

I don't know how any Browns fan can count this as an automatic win.... Yeah the Broncos are bad, but the Browns have to prove to me that they aren't as bad as everyone outside of Cleveland thinks they are. I tend to drink the Cleveland Kool-Aid at the beginning of the year, but by the end of the year I spit it out because it tastes like toilet water.... so to speak...

You don't get that metaphor. After you drink the Kool Aid, you die a horrible death from cyanide poisoning.

(the metaphor came from the Jonestown incident in Guyana where all the whacky cult followers...like 300+ of them all voluntarily drank poison laced cyanide at the Behest of Jim Jones, their f***ed up leader.

You don't get to spit it out because it tastes bad. When you drink it, you are fully committed, kind of like the pig was committed to your ham sandwich.

Thanks for the replies.

Sure. By the way, aren't you a male prostitute?

You don't get that metaphor. After you drink the Kool Aid, you die a horrible death from cyanide poisoning.

(the metaphor came from the Jonestown incident in Guyana where all the whacky cult followers...like 300+ of them all voluntarily drank poison laced cyanide at the Behest of Jim Jones, their f***ed up leader.

You don't get to spit it out because it tastes bad. When you drink it, you are fully committed, kind of like the pig was committed to your ham sandwich.

Perhaps I should have stated that, instead of spitting it out, I vomit it all over the bathroom floor...

I think they were right......about everything.

True genius

Guest Aloysius
they traded the bears pick....

From nfl.com:

NFL Network analysts Charley Casserly, Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi are in agreement on this trade: Smith is not worth next year's first round pick. They think the price is too high for a cornerback who is only 5-foot-9 with questionable speed. "It’s a little dangerous to trade away next year’s one," Lombardi said. "You’re taking a chance, especially on a corner, and a small corner at that. That bothers me." The Seahawks will receive the Broncos' natural pick in 2010 and not the one acquired from the Bears for Cutler.

Thanks for the replies.

Dude I lived out there for 8 years, during the Broncos glory years. I know how much the city loves their Broncos. I bet there are a lot of disappointed people out there. This has to be one of the worst teams I can remember or have seen for that matter.

Good point. Unless this guy is a Ratbird fan.

Well, no offense taken guys, but I've always hated Pittsburgh & Cincy since I became a fan in 1970, and the Houston Oilers as well. The move to Baltimore pissed me off, but I've made a choice to just ignore that stupid decision by the NFL. When the Ratbirds come to town, I don't go, simply won't allow the NFL to make any $$ off of me from that bull#$#@ move.

I don't blame the fans of Baltimore, they got screwed like we did, and they wanted a team in the worst way when they lost theirs. I blame the NFL...the NFL should have never expanded into Jacksonville, Baltimore should have got the team. So Modell the whore pounced on that situation. Then the NFL does the ultimate bitch-slap to Browns fans, and puts the Ratbirds in our division, to create some kind of artificial rivalry....the Ratbirds should play in the AFC East, or the NFL Cartpetbagger Division with Indy, Tennessee, & St. Louis.

Everybody's got a right to an opinion, so simply, as a Browns fan, Pitt, Cincy, & Denver are my most hated.

Well, no offense taken guys, but I've always hated Pittsburgh & Cincy since I became a fan in 1970, and the Houston Oilers as well. The move to Baltimore pissed me off, but I've made a choice to just ignore that stupid decision by the NFL. When the Ratbirds come to town, I don't go, simply won't allow the NFL to make any $$ off of me from that bull#$#@ move.

I don't blame the fans of Baltimore, they got screwed like we did, and they wanted a team in the worst way when they lost theirs. I blame the NFL...the NFL should have never expanded into Jacksonville, Baltimore should have got the team. So Modell the whore pounced on that situation. Then the NFL does the ultimate bitch-slap to Browns fans, and puts the Ratbirds in our division, to create some kind of artificial rivalry....the Ratbirds should play in the AFC East, or the NFL Cartpetbagger Division with Indy, Tennessee, & St. Louis.

Everybody's got a right to an opinion, so simply, as a Browns fan, Pitt, Cincy, & Denver are my most hated.

It's a real rivalry. Didn't we used to play the baltimore colts back in the 1960s?

Archived