THE BROWNS BOARD

Favre To CLeveland?

DestinFunk

I can confirm.

Just saw it: ESPN analyst Chris Mortensen has reported that Mangini talked to Brett Favre andasked him to come to Cleveland to work with the QBs.

Yeah, he ran the same offense last year. Makes perfect sense.

And, as we all know, Mangini named one of his kids after him.

Is bringing in the most most prolific passer in NFL history who just ran your offense last year a good thing? .... I don't think we have to answer that.

Zombo

Maybe Mangini' s not satisfied what he sees so far... A veteran QB has been lacking for quite a few years on the sideline in Cleveland...

I may be wishing for the stars but wouldn't it be great to have Kosar in camp working with BQ & DA??? With his personal situation the diversion may be helpful to both him and the Browns.....

Bernie could disect a defense better than any QB outside the name of Manning... I would love to see him with the team in almost any capacity.

Peace

T.Dawg

Guest SoupDawg
Along with 33 interceptions

Please, like Brett Farve being our quarterback wouldn't have every man in cleveland nutting in their pants.

BF is good. A great... can he teach DA to throw that long ball with the luck he's had? Brett is a good qb... half the stuff he's thrown to win games was by luck. That's my take on it and call me what you want. Some people are lucky. DA does not seem to be too lucky. Just my take. I would rather have a steady qb, who can make it happen with a defence that backs him up. I love clutch games, who doesn't??? The whole 2007 season had my brother and I eating rolaids like candy. That's fine by me as we won 10 games. I want to see some Cleveland success! I really don't care if it's from the Browns, Cavs, or the Indians (hahaha they sold us out) I would love nothing more than to see the Browns do well! I want the Cavs to win it all! (they are ready) and the Indians.... I won't write them off but damn! Go Cleveland and Go Dawgs!!!

Please, like Brett Farve being our quarterback wouldn't have every man in cleveland nutting in their pants.

Maybe 10 years ago.

Favre is retired....and I mean that in the sense that even if he DOES play for a team this year, the Brett Favre you're thinking of is retired - he has been for a couple years now, whether he's willing to accept it or not.

If they bring in Favre.. I think I'll just start rooting for AZ since I live here. That would be the last straw.. Maybe this is a knee jerk reaction on my part, but I'm sick of hearing this guys stupid name anymore. He is just too wishy washy.. I'm playing, I'm not playing, I'm playing, I'm not playing... ...good grief I am sick of this arsehole. Shut up and go mow your big mississipi lawn.

If Mangini is rebuilding from the ground up, bringing in Favre doesn't make sense. He asked Favre to come into camp as a QB consultant before he officially said he wasn't playing this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he says thanks but no thanks.

Guest SoupDawg
Maybe 10 years ago.

Favre is retired....and I mean that in the sense that even if he DOES play for a team this year, the Brett Favre you're thinking of is retired - he has been for a couple years now, whether he's willing to accept it or not.

Him retired is better that all 4 QB's we have combined.

I see nothing wrong with bringing farve in as a consultant/emergency qb after enduring dorsey as a tudor/3rd qb whom did neither job well nothing could be worse...;)

Good point, though I believe Favre would ONLY be a consultant....essentially an assistant coach.

If you think about it, now that Favre is retired, what else would he have to do with his life?

He tried acting (remember Something About Mary)....and it is clear THAT is not an option for him.

(Hank Williams Kawliga....a tobacco store Indian was less wooden than him).

He might do broadcasting....or he might go into coaching. What else is there for him? (maybe he got an accounting degree from Southern Miss. and will become a CPA? I kinda doubt that)

Man, sometimes I can actually feel the brain cells being sucked out of my head, when I read stupid comments, in a thread that requires only smart comments......................I jest phelt som mor lefing aftr redin' thes thred.

Well being an emergency 3rd string QB wouldn't be too bad actually. I mean if Quinn AND Anderson got hurt, who would you rather have behind center, Bartell or Favre?

Sure his starter days are over, but if you absolutely need somebody behind center that isn't completely devoid of talent and/or completely green. Then he's a good option, but then again we do have Ratliff, so I guess Favre would be 4th string emergency QB. And what are the odds we lose 3 QB's in one season? (oh shit, I should of kept my mouth shut!!) I'll be running along now, gotta sacrifice some chickens to the football gods ;)

Better give one to Jobu, just in case.

Maybe Mangini' s not satisfied what he sees so far... A veteran QB has been lacking for quite a few years on the sideline in Cleveland...

I may be wishing for the stars but wouldn't it be great to have Kosar in camp working with BQ & DA??? With his personal situation the diversion may be helpful to both him and the Browns.....

Bernie could disect a defense better than any QB outside the name of Manning... I would love to see him with the team in almost any capacity.

Peace

T.Dawg

I keep getting this feeling of one step forward and 2 steps back. That's why I have to laugh when someone says DA is ahead or they were even today. My question is; 'AHEAD OF WHAT"? Neither has seemed to progress to a point of consistency. Maybe that's why there is still a QB battle going on.

They should sure use some help.

Archived