THE BROWNS BOARD

Midweek Musings

The Gipper

OK, instead of giving like 10 thoughts at the end of the week, I will break my observations up so they are simpler and fresher:

1. So? We now have "Co-starters". In my book, that equals "No-starters".

2. The Dolans and Mark Shapiro have developed a variation on the famous quote by Herm Edwards. You recall Herm is the one who said "Hello! You play to win the game".

The Tribe brass's motto is more like "Hello, you play to Whine the game". As all these guy do is whine, whine, whine about the economy and the money they aren't making, and the unfair system that is baseball. While all that stuff may be true, we THE FANS don't want to hear it, don't give a sh**. We just want you to do what it takes to win, and hearing you whine about it only makes us angry at YOU.

3. Saw a good part of "White Chicks" on TV last night. I have always said that movie is a lot funnier than it has a right to be.

4. There has been a bit of editorializing about the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Some commentators have said that it is simply a celebration of nostalgia. Others say it is just a bunch of creeky old Baby Boomers living in delusional myopia about a utopia that never was and never will be. My opinion? Though there is nothing wrong with peace, love and understanding I just enjoy the music. (I would say I just enjoy the orgies, but I never partook in them)

5. The Buckeyes have had too many losses to graduation to truly be competitive in the National Championship race. Now it appears that they may also lose their best receiver, Ray Smalls, to academic troubles, unfortunately I think the best they will be able to go for is the Big Ten title....because, despite them being down, they are still better than anyone else in the Big Ten...except maybe Penn St. with whom they will be a tossup for the crown.

3. Saw a good part of "White Chicks" on TV last night. I have always said that movie is a lot funnier than it has a right to be.

I'd be curious to see the riots that would ensue if a couple of white guys, say Owen and Luke Wilson, dressed up in a bunch of darker make-up in a comedy called "Black Chicks."

:rolleyes:

I'd be curious to see the riots that would ensue if a couple of white guys, say Owen and Luke Wilson, dressed up in a bunch of darker make-up in a comedy called "Black Chicks."

They would make some ugly bishes thats for sure.

I think the answer is that if it were funny, like White Chicks was, it would probably go over.

Bruno showed that you can be completely politically incorrect and get a movie made. The biggest crime about Bruno was that it sucked and wasn't a bit funny.

Guest Aloysius

Did you see Tropic Thunder? Robert Downey Jr.'s role in that film is similar to what the Wayans brothers did in White Chicks.

Yippers gipper that about sums it up ,the qb controversy in cleveland will never end next years starter competition..Introducing Rattboy! ;)

Hey, I know two guys who better start looking over their shoulder this year. Only one week in a 4 preseason games leaves plenty of time for Ratliff to prove he is at least the #2 guy.

Mangini loves the underdog and loves giving unknowns a chance..........................Our two prima-donnas are in a continual battle to show who is less inconsistent.

Ratliff is taking snaps with the #1s.........................ooooooops

Guest Masters
Ratliff is taking snaps with the #1s.........................ooooooops

I don't read much into that, since the other dude got work yesterday too. It was about getting them time in the 2 minute drill. I'd also image it was to give both DA and BQ arms a rest with just having the scrimage and a game on Saturday.

I do think the odd man out will be gone by next camp and Rattliff will be the back up next year. Mangini didn't bring him here to be just #3.

I think the answer is that if it were funny, like White Chicks was, it would probably go over.

Bruno showed that you can be completely politically incorrect and get a movie made. The biggest crime about Bruno was that it sucked and wasn't a bit funny.

Ehh.. I don't know if Bruno really was accepted all that well. In most reviews, people are absolutely appauled by it and I think it has actually stirred some controversy.

1. So? We now have "Co-starters". In my book, that equals "No-starters".

Propaganda.

We all know who the starter is. RAC told us at the end of the year.

Ratcliff may be a fine QB but the domer gets his shot first.

Anymore time on the bench and you for sure will say that Quinn is the most mismanged player in the history of the Browns. Its not like he's a 6th round pick, his pedigree is 1st round. Besides, the more i hear DA speak the more i feel like he couldn't really give a crap whether he's a backup or a starter.

Ratcliff will be content to make the roster, Bartell-- please.

Ehh.. I don't know if Bruno really was accepted all that well. In most reviews, people are absolutely appauled by it and I think it has actually stirred some controversy.

Well, being rude and crude as it was would be forgiveable....if it were funny. It wasn't.

OK, here is a penis talking.....but the talking penis has to say something funny, not just be a talking penis.

We all know who the starter is. RAC told us at the end of the year.

I'm struggling to understand the significance of what the old coach's opinion on who the QB for his old team should be. We have a new regime; I'm quite certain they don't really put much thought or care into what the old (and unsuccessful) coach thought about the QB situation 8 months ago.

I'm struggling to understand the significance of what the old coach's opinion on who the QB for his old team should be. We have a new regime; I'm quite certain they don't really put much thought or care into what the old (and unsuccessful) coach thought about the QB situation 8 months ago.

I can tell your struggling if you don't understand my post.

I don't know, that could be pretty freaking amazing, actually.

:lol:

You should go see Bruno then.

Though, I guess I could confess and tell you that my penis talks to me, but I don't know if anyone else can hear it.

Would you like to try and listen in on our conversation?

Archived