THE BROWNS BOARD

James Davis not at practice?

NigelTufnel

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2009/8/12/986...ng-camp?ref=CBS

James Davis Missing in Action: If this is the lead story, it's a sign that there really isn't a lot to mention tonight. RB James Davis did not practice, but he wasn't with the rest of the injured players on stationary bikes either. He was just sort of...missing in action. No word was given on the reason Davis did not practice.

I was at the evening practice last night and I kept wondering to myself where James was. Has anyone heard anything on this?

I think sometimes we forget, these are bascially young men. In their low 20s. That's about when I had my wisdom teeth out. ect. just because he's having dental work done, you don't have to imediately go there...

Thats a good guess those suckers are a nuissance for a couple days after being removed...;)

I really like this kids cut move he will be a big contributor to this club at some point.

Guest Aloysius
Speaking of grills, has anyone seen the picture of Titus Brown on clevelandbrowns.com homepage?

Wow. Not sure what's got going on there:

titus_brown.jpg

For all his scouting whiffs and managerial issues, Phil Savage did a nice job last year bringing in talented late round & undrafted rookies. The new coaching staff loves Ahtyba Rubin, and either Alex Hall or Titus Brown will get playing time at rush linebacker. And while Hubbard's had his ups and downs, both he and Leggett have potential as vertical receiving threats.

And while we're still on the topic of grills yet, wouldn't it be pretty badass if all of the players were given mouth guards with dog fangs printed on the front of them? Maybe a little gimmicky but it might play into the intimidation factor a little bit. If nothing else it would just look sweet. I don't know how many people follow the UFC and what not but I'm thinking along the lines of Andrei Arlovski's mouth piece.

andre-arlovski.jpg

titus_brown.jpg

For all his scouting whiffs and managerial issues, Phil Savage did a nice job last year bringing in talented late round & undrafted rookies. The new coaching staff loves Ahtyba Rubin, and either Alex Hall or Titus Brown will get playing time at rush linebacker. And while Hubbard's had his ups and downs, both he and Leggett have potential as vertical receiving threats.

Momma always said if you don't brush your grill.

titus_brown.jpg

Sorry, man, again your wishcasting like a weather weenie wanting a big blizzard. Phil Savage hasn't done jack. Most of those guys you mentioned have not done anything but flap their arms at training camp. Alot of them are going to get cut.

Most of those guys you mentioned have not done anything but flap their arms at training camp.

Yeah except for that small fact that they have.

Alex Hall

He flashed some of that ability early last season with the Browns. In games against the Ravens and Bengals, and then in the big Monday night victory over the New York Giants that immediately followed, Hall had a sack in each one.

Offenses quickly made adjustments against him, and being a young player who had never before needed to come up with a counter move, he failed to record another sack all year.

Still, with those three sacks for 18 yards in losses, he really stood out on the club. That was about one-sixth of the Browns' total of 17 sacks, the fewest they've had since sacks began being totaled in 1963.

"Whatever they ask me to do, I'll do," he said. "I'm just anxious to contribute."

Ahtyba Rubin

Ahtyba Rubin got 12 games of experience as a rookie and will have the chance to improve every day by playing alongside the Browns' veterans.

That was 12 games under Crennel who we all know didn't like to play the rooks. So 12 games with 8 tackles and a fumble recovery ain't bad and gettin better.

Lance Leggett

Over the first two days of camp, Lance Leggett - an undrafted rookie a year ago who spent the season on the practice squad - made most of the big-play catches.

Seems like hes doing more than just waive his arms around.

Paul Hubbard

Paul has had his best days of his career this training camp. Seems to be making good catches and route running and improving.

Titus Brown not so much on him.

All i'm saying is things are looking up for all these guys and to say that most will be cut is a bit premature. Not saying there all gonna be starters this season either though.

On a side note what do a 400 lbs. white woman and a brick have in common?

They'll eventually both get laid by a mexican...

I think sometimes we forget, these are bascially young men. In their low 20s. That's about when I had my wisdom teeth out. ect. just because he's having dental work done, you don't have to imediately go there...

Root canals are also typically a procedure that requires 2 visits or more & and depending on the antibiotic administered, a week before the procedure can begin (which would explain him being able to practice all last week after getting checked by the staff at the beginning of camp).

As fun as a root canal is pretty accurate when describing misery.

Archived