THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who thinks DA isn't trying to improve

dawgpound3

Browns QB Derek Anderson realizes that his accuracy on shorter passes will go a long way in deciding his fate. "I'm trying to put those passes in the right spot and I have gotten a lot better," he said.

Anderson could very much win this competition if he improves his accuracy on short passes. I am not a DA lover or Quinn fag, I am just neutral on this situation. Right now, I am moderate on the QB situation.

This young whipper snapper is in love with starting threads.

Seriously guys, chill on the thread starting unless it's something meaningful. There are about ten threads this easily could have went into.

It's that time of the year, we are going to get a ton of new posters and the board doesn't need to be saturated with casual thoughts.

They will be deleted or merged depending.

Seriously guys, chill on the thread starting unless it's something meaningful. There are about ten threads this easily could have went into.

Thanks Riff...that has been a problem on this board a long time.

There is no need to have 20 threads talking about the same thing.

A new twist on a old story is still a old story.

LOL! The faster DA is out of Cleveland, the better. Randy and Phil's disagreements about the direction of the Browns really set this franchise back many years.

The BQ/DA stuff simply needs to go away. I know DA's trade value plummetted last year, but Mangina is going to have to think of DA as a sunk cost at some point thus ending it once and for all.

I figure the both of them are fighting as seen with the headset controversy. Quinn knows he has the upper hand and is letting DA have it.

There is no doubt DA wants to improve and tries to improve and has improved but the real question is once on the live field has he improved as in being smart with his decisions and fairly consistant?

If not i would rather see quinn or ratty get the start and potentially grow during a losing season then to suffer another year to the anderception fest.....

May the best man win...........who cares who loves who more. The best player should start and imo if D.A. starts AGAIN I think were in for a long season. If Anderson starts it must mean the coaches dont think too much of Quinn and that means we need to draft another qb, But like I said just my o

This young whipper snapper is in love with starting threads.

It's that time of the year, we are going to get a ton of new posters and the board doesn't need to be saturated with casual thoughts.

They will be deleted or merged depending.

I don't know if you've seen the forums at cavs.com................they are ATROCIOUS. Filled with thousands of threads that say NOTHING.

point is, I think he came from there

Guest Masters
IF he hadn't played for the Cavs, I would have no idea who he is :o

Then you don't follow NBA basketball (or at least not for the last 10 years), other than just the Cavs. For starters he was the guy that the T-Wolves signed to a contract several years ago, which violated NBA rules, and resulted in penalties for the T-Wolves and voided his contract with them. That was major news for weeks at that time.

Not the smartest people on the planet either. They are the kind of people that when we signed Joe Smith last year had us winning the championship :lol: Personally I don't want a guy selected first overall and barely know who he is :blink:not to mention he is OLD!!! IF he hadn't played for the Cavs, I would have no idea who he is :o

Penguin, don't embarrass yourself with things like this. That was basically an admission you either are about 15 years old or don't know the first thing about NBA hoops outside of LeBron James.

Guest Masters
Thanks fof the comment Sniffer X. By the way, how did Joe Smith work out last year in the playoffs?

Actually, for the games he saw significant minutes he played just fine and contributed at both ends. It's been a question on Mike Brown since the end of the ORL series as to why Smith played little in the last two games of that series.

And of course he doesn't bring a championship. He is a roll player. Teams win championships, not individual players

Guest Masters
I only say this because alot of people thought our bench was better than it was and that bringing in Smith was the final piece to put us over the top. As our team is right now, IS Joe Smith the final piece? My opinion is no. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit I was wrong.[edit] I am not trying to turn this into an NBA thread

On paper (where of course games aren't played) CLE's bench was fine. They just couldn't hit a shot to save their life against ORL. Heck, even most of the starters couldn't hit a shot. Meanwhile ORL was crazy hot from down town for the series, but went stone cold against LAL.

I never buy the idea that any one guy is a final piece to win.

Thanks fof the comment Sniffer X.

That's it, I'm going home I'm too distraught. The Riddler called me names.

Seriously, Mr. Freeze, Joe Smith is what he is. Never lived up to the draft status but otherwise has had a pretty solid career and is/was a nice addition.

Brown completely crapped himself coaching in that Orlando series and one reason was not utilizing Smith more.

Browns QB Derek Anderson realizes that his accuracy on shorter passes will go a long way in deciding his fate. "I'm trying to put those passes in the right spot and I have gotten a lot better," he said.

Ok Derek, when your done learning a skill most kids master at 12, how about working on not playing like complete crap every other game.

Is there some kind of drill for that, too?

I have no doubt that DA has been working hard on his short game during the offseason.

If we ask DAcaddyman, he'll prolly tell us that DA has worn out at least one sandwedge since the '08 season ended. :rolleyes:

Archived