THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Friday Dec. 4.

The Gipper

Here is this week's survery.    Give your answers/opinions:

1. Due to  Covid issues,   we have had Wednesday games, and some Tuesday games are being scheduled.   Are you liking these games on those days?

2. Along that line,  it seems that the Steelers are whining to the league, telling them they are being jobbed.   Do they have justification?

3. Big RB matchup this week.    Who is the best RB in the league?  Henry,  Chubb, Cook, someone else?

4. Coastal Carolina is in the AP Top 25 in football.   Did you ever think you would see the day when that would happen?

5. On the technology front:   The Hyperloop.   Is that a concept you can dig? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

1. Due to  Covid issues,   we have had Wednesday games, and some Tuesday games are being scheduled.   Are you liking these games on those days?

2. Along that line,  it seems that the Steelers are whining to the league, telling them they are being jobbed.   Do they have justification?

3. Big RB matchup this week.    Who is the best RB in the league?  Henry,  Chubb, Cook, someone else?

4. Coastal Carolina is in the AP Top 25 in football.   Did you ever think you would see the day when that would happen?

1.   Yes as long as we don’t play then...I like the Sunday games.

2. Cry me a river

3. Alvin Kamara.  I got Chubb #2

4. No.  Weird year though 

5. Yes.  I’m impatient when it comes to travel 

I like football games any day of the week...

No!.. They are the masters of the art of cheating...

Chubb!... It's not even a debate!

I couldn't care less!

5. On the technology front:   The Hyperloop.   Is that a concept you can dig

I don't know what that is...

My own answers:

Yes, I am.  I liked the Wednesday afternoon game. 

Only to a point....that point being that they have had a couple of games shifted around on them that they thought they were going to play. But their plight was no worse than the teams they had to play.  Those teams were missing a lot more players when they did play.  I mean...would they have rather faced Lamar Jackson or RGIII? They got big breaks in that aspect. 

Henry leads the league in rushing yards...but he also, by far, leads in attempts.   Dalvin Cook has a better YPC average, and more TDs. Actually quite a few RBs have better YPC than Henry.  But he is a horse.   He leads Cook by like 1 yard in YPG. 

But, Nick Chubb leads all RBs in  YPC  with 6.3...   He also leads the league in most  20+ yard carries (big plays).    And that is in less than Half the carries that Henry has.  Henry has 256 carries, Chubb only 115.  Henry has 8 runs of 20+ yards,  Chubb has 10.   Kareem Hunt has more carries for the Browns.   He is still doing well with over 62 yards per game,  supporting Chubb who has 102 YPG. 

So, it is probably an unanswerable question....but a fun one to contemplate. 

No...never thought.  In fact....FYI.....Coastal Carolina did not even have a football program play until 2003....as an FCS school. 

Absolutely.  Supposedly, if they were to establish a coast to coast Hyperloop  (maglev train inside a vacuum tube),  you could go across country in like an hour and a half, that would be so super.  One of the primary spots for the first viable one would be a Cleveland to Chicago line. 

One is proposed between Cleveland and Chicago...possibly by  2028. 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cleveland/noaca-announces-cleveland-hyperloop-study-results/95-389786e9-ade3-47e7-b59a-47979a17ab6a

Explanation here:

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

One is proposed between Cleveland and Chicago...possibly by  2028. 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cleveland/noaca-announces-cleveland-hyperloop-study-results/95-389786e9-ade3-47e7-b59a-47979a17ab6a

Explanation here:

Now THAT would be cool... My Nephew Walker would get huge charge out of this... He LOVES trains...

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Absolutely.  Supposedly, if they were to establish a coast to coast Hyperloop  (maglev train inside a vacuum tube),  you could go across country in like an hour and a half, that would be so super.  One of the primary spots for the first viable one would be a Cleveland to Chicago line. 

That would be fantastic. As someone with family in the NYC area and Chicago, I'd love to take a train to see them.

If this was national, I'd probably never fly again. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.Yes

2. No shut up stoolers

3. Chubb

4. In 2020 anything is possible 

5. Sure but I’m guessing it won’t happen in my lifetime 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

To watch them on TV is good. When I lived in NW Ohio (2 hrs from Cleveland) and had season tickets those night games were tough to attend.

Quit whining. At least the games aren't being forfeited like in college.

Two Words: Appalachian State

I could see this for destinations over 400 miles - then have high speed trains for shorter distances.

Any day is fine with me.

Crybabies.

Henry-leads the league by far and is the key to how they run the offense. Gets stronger as the game goes on.

And it may be short lived with BYU up next

Why not? I liked traveling on Italy's high speed trains. US is way behind Europe.

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Any day is fine with me.

Crybabies.

Henry-leads the league by far and is the key to how they run the offense. Gets stronger as the game goes on.

And it may be short lived with BYU up next

Why not? I liked traveling on Italy's high speed trains. US is way behind Europe.

Japan has had high speed rails far longer than Europe.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In four or five generations, this country might actually get serious about getting their power from, you know, the wind and the sun too. 

But for now, we'll pretend its still 1932 and coal is awesome! 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

In four or five generations, this country might actually get serious about getting their power from, you know, the wind and the sun too. 

Well I can tell you for certain that from Abilene on up through a lot of eastern Colorado the number of electricity producing windmills has multiplied a hundredfold in the past 10 years. And for some reason I doubt they have caused too much cancer or killed millions of birds.  LOL!😁

• Haha 1

It is not by that much....only 127 yards more than Dalvin Cook on 37 more carries.   Cook leads the NFL in TDs,  and has better YPG than Henry.  And, as I said, he is only 1.3 ypg behind Henry due to Henry's load. 

So, in the main categories:

Henry leads with  1257 yards.  Cook #2 at 1130

Henry leads with  256 attempts;   Cook  #2 at 219  (and, by the way, Cook has only played 10 games to Henry's 11) Chubb only at 115 is 24th there. 

Chubb leads RBs with  yards per attempt.  6.3.   (but QB Kyler Murray does have  6.7...and QB Daniel Jones has 7.3).  Eagles RB Miles Sanders is 2d here with 5.6 ypc.

Cook has 13 TDs to lead.   Henry #2 with  12.

Henry leads with 114. 3 yards per game.   Cook at 113.0.  Chubb at 102.7.

Chubb leads in most  "Big Plays"  20+ yards with  10.   Henry is 2d with 8.

Cook and Miles Sanders  lead with committing 3 fumbles on the season.    Chubb has just  1.   Henry solid there with -0- fumbles with all his carries.  Kareem Hunt also at -0........but has   99 fewer carries. 

Henry leads with rushes for a first down with 64.  Cook only 2 back at 62.   Zeke Elliot 3rd at  47. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you saw the video, you would have seen that it takes very low energy output to power the hyperloop....that it could easily be done with  solar and wind. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They are shooting for 2028.  Do you plan to die before then? 

They have been talking about high speed trains in this country for decades It won’t happen anytime soon 

Yes Sir.

No

Chubb

Yes

Don't know what it is.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Don't know what it is.

Its basically where they put people in the canisters that are used in drive thru banking. 

Wilkerson Properties, Inc. - City Bank Idalou

Then I'm all for it.

Z

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If you saw the video, you would have seen that it takes very low energy output to power the hyperloop....that it could easily be done with  solar and wind. 

My comment about solar and wind power had to do with TexAg's comment about how far behind we are compared to other parts of the world, Gip. Nothing to do with how the Hyperloop would be powered. I sincerely hope it becomes a reality. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Gipper,

Sorry about missing your surveys lately but I've been quite sick the last two weeks especially in the last few weeks.  Hopefully that will greatly improved soon.

And on the good side I we got a few new gift cards.  :)

To get things started:

4. Coastal Carolina is in the AP Top 25 in football.   Did you ever think you would see the day when that would happen?

ND State has been the  powerhouse in D-1AA football over the recent years and has been in the top 25.   I'll guess we'll find out when they play the next game.

YSU on February 21, 2021 at the FARGO COME vs ND State......if they can play the first game of the season.

Talk about another covid-19 mess in the 2020 season. 

See you again soon.