THE BROWNS BOARD

Of course they won’t play

Browns149

No way that team up north wants any part of OSU. Being a 29 point underdog to your rival is soooo Harbut 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30477950/michigan-ohio-state-football-game-called-due-covid-19-cases-wolverines

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Tough luck for OSU.

I don't see how the league can go back and change the rules for one member at this point.  You want to talk about looking rinky dink, that would do it.

They can do it.  It was just an arbitrary ad hoc made up  rule to begin with....so there is no reason to think they could not change it.  Besides, it may be possible that they can get a replacement game against another school.  Maybe even Indiana...again, because their game vs. Purdue looks like it could be canceled.   Or they may switch some things around,  I hear they may say:   Minnesota   goes to play OSU, and Nebraska, who was to be Minn's opponent would play Indiana because Purdue cancels, and they avoid a rematch that way. 

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They can do it.  It was just an arbitrary ad hoc made up  rule to begin with....so there is no reason to think they could not change it.  Besides, it may be possible that they can get a replacement game against another school.  Maybe even Indiana...again, because their game vs. Purdue looks like it could be canceled.   Or they may switch some things around,  I hear they may say:   Minnesota   goes to play OSU, and Nebraska, who was to be Minn's opponent would play Indiana because Purdue cancels, and they avoid a rematch that way. 

Of course they can do it.  However, you miss my point.  

Everybody agreed and knew the rules going in....changing the rules at this point would be a rinky dink move.

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Everybody agreed and knew the rules going in....changing the rules at this point would be a rinky dink move.

Well, like I said, they may just change some games around to get in enough games....which college football has been doing all year.

Florida's path to get in?   Beat Alabama.

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Well, I guess, the Big Ten is rinky dink

They eliminated the 6 game rule, like we all knew they would

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30483665/sources-big-ten-expected-change-6-game-rule

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Well, I guess, the Big Ten is rinky dink

They eliminated the 6 game rule, like we all knew they would

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30483665/sources-big-ten-expected-change-6-game-rule

I would still like them to play another game,  but I guess perhaps the only possibility was another match with Indiana....and they thought that was even more rinky dink...and I would agree. 

At this point, all the other Big Ten games are still on schedule,  except OSU/Mich....and Indiana/Purdue...who apparently had to shut things down. These game still on:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12

TIME (ET) MATCHUP TV LINKS
12:00 PM Rutgers @ Maryland   Tickets »
12:00 PM Minnesota @ Nebraska   Tickets »
12:00 PM Illinois @ #14 Northwestern ESPN2
watchespn_310x108_2.png?w=55&h=19&transparent=true
Tickets »
3:30 PM Michigan State @ Penn State ESPN
watchespn_310x108_2.png?w=55&h=19&transparent=true
Tickets »
3:30 PM Wisconsin @ #16 Iowa   Tickets »

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe the Lions will want him.   He was actually a better pro coach. 

He did coach Stanford pretty well for 1 year. And had 2 good years at San Diego

5 hours ago, Browns149 said:

He did coach Stanford pretty well for 1 year. And had 2 good years at San Diego

Actually he had a pretty good record at Michigan. 47 -18 before this season (.723 av.). That would be successful most anywhere else. Granted the couldn't beat the Buckeyes and went 1-4 in bowls.

1 minute ago, dusty said:

Actually he had a pretty good record at Michigan. 47 -18 before this season (.723 av.). That would be successful most anywhere else. Granted the couldn't beat the Buckeyes and went 1-4 in bowls.

47-18 is not a good record at that school. And losing to your rival every year is even worse

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

47-18 is not a good record at that school. And losing to your rival every year is even worse

the loosing to the Buckeyes every year hurt him the worst. The .723 is not much off of their historical average. BTW I am a Buckeye fan.

Untitledm.png

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Shades of Jon Cooper.

Oh yes couldn't win bowl games and couldn't beat Michigan.

And then Jim Tressel arrived followed shortly by Urban Meyer that problem was solved.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

LOL.....that is a pet peeve of mine that so many people cannot figure how to properly spell such a simple word. 

"loosing"  to me applies either to slot machines or bowel movements. 

Yea. Usually I am pickier about getting it right. I blame it on a big thumb on a small phone! 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

LOL.....that is a pet peeve of mine that so many people cannot figure how to properly spell such a simple word. 

"loosing"  to me applies either to slot machines or bowel movements 

“Bowel movements” to me applies to wishagin football 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

“Bowel movements” to me applies to wishagin football 

Actually I would like to see Michigan do better. Go to to the final game undefeated. 

That would make the Buckeyes victory against them even more sweet!