THE BROWNS BOARD

starter at QB vs the Packers

Sez.EJ

Seriously, you really think that Mangini has already decided who his starter is and just wants to split the reps and time with the starters as some sort of ploy. I am sure that if I was taking over as a coach and I knew who my starting QB was going to be that I would NOT want that QB to get as much work as possible with the first team that happens to have three new receivers. I am mean it makes much more sense to have neither QB get all the reps with the new receivers in a new offense just so the team can try and pull the wool over the eyes of another team.

I mean it is only logical to know who your QB is but to NOT have him get the work in and develope with his new receiving corp. So of course you must be right and the decision has already been made. The preseason is all just for posturing so the Browns can make a trade of a QB, isn't it? I mean the preseason could not be to get the starting QB all the work in that he can. It can't be so that the starting QB will get to know his starting squad and maximize the chemistry. It MUST be just so the mangenius who is NOT the GM can try and up the trade value of the second string QB.

Makes total sense. Makes way more sense than the coach really has not decided who can run his offense better and give the Browns the best chance to win. I mean by all reports one of the QBs is clearly standing above the other.

Some of you make me laugh :lol:

P.S. What makes you think BQ is a franchise QB? I have seen nothing that would make me think he is a franchise QB. I know he had a really good first start against the great great Broncos defense that yes he only had a few days to prepare for (but he is the QB that is always ready right) but then again the Broncos only had a few days to prepare for him also. Had what a 106 rating? Really nice, of course in his next two games he brought that 106 rating to a overall rating of 66.6. I know he was hurt, but it was obviously not so bad that the trainers or coaches did not think he could go.

Anyways, stick with the we don't know what BQ will be instead of the he is obviously a franchise QB arguement.

P.S. What makes you think BQ is a franchise QB? I have seen nothing that would make me think he is a franchise QB. I know he had a really good first start against the great great Broncos defense that yes he only had a few days to prepare for (but he is the QB that is always ready right) but then again the Broncos only had a few days to prepare for him also. Had what a 106 rating? Really nice, of course in his next two games he brought that 106 rating to a overall rating of 66.6. I know he was hurt, but it was obviously not so bad that the trainers or coaches did not think he could go.

Anyways, stick with the we don't know what BQ will be instead of the he is obviously a franchise QB arguement.

Most people don't think Quinn is a franchise QB, which is why people think ManKok is looking toward next year for that "franchise QB".

"Either way, both QB's are going to play in both games. What happens if BQ looks good against the one's in Green Bay but bad against the two's against Detroit? Same goes for DA. I think this whole derby is a sham to begin with. BQ was the QB Mangini was going with from day one. He's got miles of film on DA, he knows how he plays in games, he knows a lot more about him than any of us. He's got a few games with BQ, and anyone with a pair of eyes could see BQ looked like a franchise QB in those games, even if he didn't light it up. Even Bernie the magnificent had bad games, and was benched in his rookie year, but everyone knew he was a franchise QB."

This quote was from Dave, and it was the post I was refering too. I know most people on the board have stayed with the lets see what BQ has line. But my post was in response to Dave and a few others that have said that the QB competition is a shame and that BQ is a star.

I really am starting to get in the camp of start Ratliff and trade DA and BQ and draft a real franchise Qb next year.

As far as who starts for at GB and against the Lions, I think a little differently. We know Brady has home support and the environment in Cleveland will be in favor of him. The opposite is true about DA. The home crowd will be more hostile toward him than anywhere else. DA has had trouble dealing with pressure. Make him prove he can handle it at home! Make Brady play on the road without the major fan support. It's preseason, yes I know, but every guy on that team wants to win! Nobody wants to lose, even in preseason! Playing DA on the road is not going to give you a barometer of how he will handle pressure as well as him playing in Cleveland with Brady on the sideline.

With mangini who knows starting DA at home would be a good precursor of what to expect as DA has been one of the worst QBs in our history at home and if anderson even slightly implodes mangini will get to hear...BRADY BRADY BRADY up close and personal...otherwise i dont read into which one starts as meaning anything its when one of them implodes or stands up to lead that it matters...

........ DA has been one of the worst QBs in our history at home .....

What are you talking about? DA is 8-5 at home. i'm not looking up stats on Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Brian Sipe, or Bernie, but DA's % is pretty good in my book (not excellent). And those QB's played on teams with some good defenses.

i guess you don't remember guys like Mike Phipps and Paul McDonald.

May the best man win.

Guest Masters
Most people don't think Quinn is a franchise QB, which is why people think ManKok is looking toward next year for that "franchise QB".

Who are these "most people"? Seems the rumors of trade offers for Quinn this offseason would go againt that statement.

Archived