THE BROWNS BOARD

F pittsburgh playoff scenario thread

ATOM

Just win baby beat the hell out of pit and we are in

a win or lose scenario the jags beat the colts and we are in

the titans lose tonight in a snow game in green bay and then lose to the texans next sunday  again this is a win or lose scenario 

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

But if the Bills win tonight don't they become the #2 seed irrespective of Pittsburgh's finish?

Not quite.

1. Bills go 2-0 to finish 13-3

Possible seed: Clinches No. 2

If the Bills finish 13-3, they'll be the No. 2 seed in the AFC no matter what Pittsburgh does in Week 17. That's because the Bills hold the tiebreaker on the Steelers after beating them earlier this season.

2. Bills split final two games to finish 12-4

Possible seeds: Either No. 2 or No. 3

In this scenario, Buffalo will finish in either the No. 2 or No. 3 seed, depending on what Pittsburgh does in Week 17. Since the Bills hold the head-to-head tiebreaker on the Steelers (12-3), Pittsburgh would need to win its Week 17 game to finish with a higher win total than Buffalo to leapfrog the Bills.

The Steelers play the Browns in Week 17, while the Bills play the Dolphins. Both Cleveland and Miami will be fighting for their playoff lives against teams just jockeying for playoff seeding, so it wouldn't be crazy to see one or both of the higher seeds lose in Week 17.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture-scenarios-seed/m3stzli9wqu1pxiepnaz57kf

However, at NE tonite and hosting MIA on Sunday is no cake walk.

Assuming they win tonite,, then it will get even more interesting if our last game is moved to a late afternoon start. Would let Tomlin know if our game has any meaning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Assuming they win tonite,, then it will get even more interesting if our last game is moved to a late afternoon start. Would let Tomlin know if our game has any meaning.

I want the Browns game moved to late afternoon- so I can tape it. Otherwise, It's off to Bob's for Sunday Ticket. The damn Bengals game will take priority here at 1PM.. :(  

PS the Steelers can finish no lower than the #3 seed.... 

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

However, at NE tonite and hosting MIA on Sunday is no cake walk.

Not exactly prophetic so far...

BUF got cake all over its shoes last nite.

Man... they really looked good...

So I am officially rescinding my "rather play Buffalo" take of a couple weeks ago.

• Haha 1