THE BROWNS BOARD

What Can Help the Browns

The Gipper

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh yeah, I remember. But to be fair, every other team runs that sneak just fine. I've literally NEVER seen a QB fumble it unless they're reaching over the top for a score and it gets swatted out. Baker has fumbled on a sneak multiple times, and don't forget the game a few weeks back where Baker fumbled it and ref blew it dead. No clue what the problem is, but it's bad. 

I have....can you say "Butt Fumble"? 🤪

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dawg in MD said:

The game has opened up with Cleveland as an early 7 point favorite which tells me one thing, Vegas expects the Steelers to sit their key starters. Vegas is usually pretty accurate. 

Or....it means that they think at this point the Browns are just a better team regardless....playing at home.   Vegas has no sentimentality.   If it announced that the Steeler plan to sit BR and others, expect the line to go even higher. 

11 minutes ago, Dawg in MD said:

I don't think they think we are the better team, especially since we still don't know if we will get all the players back who sat this week.

Well, wait....you surmise that the line is  7 because you think that they think the Steelers will sit their players......while the Browns play at full strength?  

but...would  they not also adjust the line if the thought the Browns were going to be playing without their WR corps, half their OL,  most of the defensive backfield....and their MLB? 

I would think this could actually be a situation where they would literally take the game off the board when a team has all those players out...or if there is so much speculation as to whether or not they will be out. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, wait....you surmise that the line is  7 because you think that they think the Steelers will sit their players......while the Browns play at full strength?  

but...would  they not also adjust the line if the thought the Browns were going to be playing without their WR corps, half their OL,  most of the defensive backfield....and their MLB? 

I would think this could actually be a situation where they would literally take the game off the board when a team has all those players out...or if there is so much speculation as to whether or not they will be out. 

Correct they could take it off the board.  

I believe the early line posted has taken the following assumptions: Steeler players will rest, Browns WRs will be back. 

All things equal we are not a -7 point favorite against the Steelers.  Even at home, even in a sleet rain wind storm and their poor rushing attack. 

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Correct they could take it off the board.  

I believe the early line posted has taken the following assumptions: Steeler players will rest, Browns WRs will be back. 

All things equal we are not a -7 point favorite against the Steelers.  Even at home, even in a sleet rain wind storm and their poor rushing attack. 

Maybe the bookies have more confidence in the Browns than you do?

5 hours ago, Dawg in MD said:

The game has opened up with Cleveland as an early 7 point favorite which tells me one thing, Vegas expects the Steelers to sit their key starters. Vegas is usually pretty accurate. 

still not a guarantee w.........these are the browns....until proven otherwise, what can go wrong will go wrong......hope we can break that label....

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or....it means that they think at this point the Browns are just a better team regardless....playing at home.   Vegas has no sentimentality.   If it announced that the Steeler plan to sit BR and others, expect the line to go even higher. 

Vegas does not think one team is better than the other. They predict that putting the line at -7 Cleveland will split the money evenly between the two sides with info available/speculated on right now. Much of the public speculation is the steelers are going to rest some players since being a 2 seed does not come with a bye in the playoffs. Again Vegas is predicting that half the betting public thinks the browns are 7 points better and half the betting public thinks no way the steelers lose by more than 7 points to the browns. Also Vegas line makers do get inside information before the betting public so i assume they do have a pretty good clue as to what he steelers will be doing as far as resting players or playing them. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, browns52 said:

these are the browns....until proven otherwise, what can go wrong will go wrong......hope we can break that label....

That was 100%, totally untrue before the season started....

... and it is even less so now.

I estimate that currently it is 137.6% untrue...

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Vegas does not think one team is better than the other. They predict that putting the line at -7 Cleveland will split the money evenly between the two sides with info available/speculated on right now.

Ding ding dingiddy-fuckin' DING...

And every adjustment made to the opening line is based upon how the bets are flowing.

How many times do we have to state this?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ding ding dingiddy-fuckin' DING...

And every adjustment made to the opening line is based upon how the bets are flowing.

How many times do we have to state this?

Sure but the bets flow based on the conditions exist in a particular game. If a team starting quarterback is not going to be playing that will affect the way the money flows. Or if the team is playing without its entire wide receiver corps that would affect it too. 

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK, but honestly...that play should never have been called.   Even give it to Janovich.    Remember when Fullbacks used to run the ball on short yardage plays?

ya I do, good times