THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyle Orton

NigelTufnel

Dude has already thrown two three picks in two three series. It's going to be a long season for those fans and that organization for sure. On a side note, Sanchez was pretty impressive in his short series in that Jets/Rams game. For the couple of minutes that kid was on the field you got the feeling that he's going to be really great. He's the franchise quarterback that we could've used.

I think you mean Cutler, rather than Orton.

actually, on various boards over the summer guys were thinking Orton would come here and Quinn would go to the Broncos and Cutler to the Bears. Guys were saying "Well, he is 21-12" or something like that as a starter. They said, that "He's proven to be able to win in the NFL."

Not me, I want to see once and for all if Quinn's got "it".

actually, on various boards over the summer guys were thinking Orton would come here and Quinn would go to the Broncos and Cutler to the Bears. Guys were saying "Well, he is 21-12" or something like that as a starter. They said, that "He's proven to be able to win in the NFL."

Not me, I want to see once and for all if Quinn's got "it".

So he isn't 21-12 as an NFL starter because of 1 preseason performance in a brand new offense? Nobody ever called the guy elite - they merely defended him when people said he sucked. There's a difference.

Getting to your comments about people wanting Orton here over Quinn: if you can show me the first archivable quote of anyone prefering him to Quinn (besides Loverboy), I'll buy you a new house, car and a lap dance. How does that sound?

- Tom F.

So he isn't 21-12 as an NFL starter because of 1 preseason performance in a brand new offense? Nobody ever called the guy elite - they merely defended him when people said he sucked. There's a difference.

Getting to your comments about people wanting Orton here over Quinn: if you can show me the first archivable quote of anyone prefering him to Quinn (besides Loverboy), I'll buy you a new house, car and a lap dance. How does that sound?

- Tom F.

If I direct you to a couple posts up, where SoCal said that people preferred Orton to Quinn, will you buy me just a lap dance? B)

If I direct you to a couple posts up, where SoCal said that people preferred Orton to Quinn, will you buy me just a lap dance? B)

Am I the only one that reads Nigel Tufnel's posts with an English accent ("these go to eleven") and reads all of Peen's posts in the voice of Thurston Howell III?

Zombo

--er, in my head of course ... not out loud.

Am I the only one that reads Nigel Tufnel's posts with an English accent ("these go to eleven") and reads all of Peen's posts in the voice of Thurston Howell III?

Zombo

--er, in my head of course ... not out loud.

Ball Peen the Third

LOL! I definitely like the style points so we'll start with a pint of Guinness. You got a little Condrad Dobler in you and that's a good thing.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius
On a side note, Sanchez was pretty impressive in his short series in that Jets/Rams game. For the couple of minutes that kid was on the field you got the feeling that he's going to be really great. He's the franchise quarterback that we could've used.

This should be very interesting:

NY Jets QB Mark Sanchez named starter vs. Ravens

by Dave Hutchinson

Sunday August 16, 2009, 11:30 AM

Quarterback Mark Sanchez will get the start on Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens in a nationally-televised preseason game in Baltimore, the club announced this morning. It'll be a tough test for the rookie going up against one of the NFL's toughest defenses.

The move didn't come as a surprise and Sanchez could nail down the starting job with a strong performance. The club is tying to pass the decision off as it simply being Sanchez's turn to start in his competition with veteran Kellen Clemens but the former USC star has been playing lights-out and appears close to earning the starting job.

The game's next Monday, Aug. 24th. Definitely a tougher challenge than the Rams' still-in-rebuilding-mode D.

I'm feeling better and better about Quinn... but if both are guys suck and Sanchez is a star, there's gotta be some regret.

Why would you say that? You were the biggest Brady Quinn fan BEFORE we even drafted him Shep. Like someone else mentioned Quinn was like 8 of 10 when Braylon dropped that TD pass. Let me ask you this - what sucked about averaging 30 points a game in Quinn's first 2 starts? What sucked about leading us to points in his ONLY opportunity in 2007? What sucked about outplaying DA and Frye in his first wide eyed preseason? DA and Frye combined for 1 TD pass all preseason. ALL QBs need the stage in order to perform.

I KEEP hearing Quinn needs to take the bull by the horns in this training camp competition. The BIGGEST problem I have with hearing that is Dumb Ass has had 27 chances to take the bull by the horns and eliminate Quinn from ALL QB discussions. He hasn't. And when you see DA without the RED practice jersey on in the preseason game - there's going to be a HUGE downgrade in the footwork, mechanics, poise, accuracy, pocket presence, speed reading dislexia and ability to lead with confidence. There's no reason to extend dividing the team any longer.

It's getting alot easier to see why 31 other NFL Execs don't consider DA as starting material. Are we overcomplicating this because when everyone thought the world was flat - someone came along with the audacity to prove it was round? This isn't the same thing.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius
Kyle Orton completed 18-of-26 passes with one touchdown and one interception against the Seahawks in the Broncos second preseason game.

Orton played into the third quarter and looked much better than he did in the three-interception performance last week. He would have had a second touchdown had Jabar Gaffney not dropped an easy catch. Orton followed that drop with an ugly left-handed pass for an interception. It was the only major blemish in a nice bounceback performance.

via here.

I watched part of the game - it's clear that Denver's offense is a pretty nice "cockpit" for Orton. Even without Marshall, the team's got a talented and reliable receiving corps, a great o-line, and a nice stable of running backs. Knowshon Moreno looked great last week before going down with a mild knee sprain: he'll make that offense even better.

If Orton can avoid making stupid mistakes, that offense should be good. Not great, but good.

Archived