THE BROWNS BOARD

Mason Rudolph named starting QB on Sunday

Canton Dawg

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

More of his starters will follow, but if he's smart he won't announce it..... I wouldn't have announced sitting Ben myself. 

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. 

Please baby Jesus...just this one. I don't care if we lose by 55 in the playoffs. Please let us get there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Mason their starting QB? This is an automatic win. Mark it down. 

I'm never in my life call for an automatic victory over the Steelers. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. 

Please baby Jesus...just this one. I don't care if we lose by 55 in the playoffs. Please let us get there. 

I will remind you of that in The Tavern.... B)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

He must have seen how the Bills manhandled New England last night and said:    "Fuck it, we ain't catching them for the #2 spot.   Let's just settle for #3 seed and rest our guys" 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He must have seen how the Bills manhandled New England last night and said:    "Fuck it, we ain't catching them for the #2 spot.   Let's just settle for #3 seed and rest our guys" 

They don’t care about the 2 seed as much as they care about resting guys that are dinged up. 

24 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

They don’t care about the 2 seed as much as they care about resting guys that are dinged up. 

That seems evident.    But it is still a fact that IF things stand as they are now and  both they and the Bills would win their first round games,  they would have to travel to Buffalo.  And I don't care if there are no fans,  that home field is still an important thing. 

As things stand right now....they would be hosting Baltimore at home.    I don't think they would get past them to even get to Buffalo. 

It would be, right now:

#2 Buffalo vs. #7 Browns

#3 Steelers vs. #6 Ravens

#4  Titans vs. #5 Miami 

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That seems evident.    But it is still a fact that IF things stand as they are now and  both they and the Bills would win their first round games,  they would have to travel to Buffalo.  And I don't care if there are no fans,  that home field is still an important thing. 

As things stand right now....they would be hosting Baltimore at home.    I don't think they would get past them to even get to Buffalo. 

It would be, right now:

#2 Buffalo vs. #7 Browns

#3 Steelers vs. #6 Ravens

#4  Titans vs. #5 Miami 

Not only Evident but predicted here yesterday.  Not a single member of the Steeler organization  would rather play In Buffalo two weeks.  So why would they not go for the #2 seed? 

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not only Evident but predicted here yesterday.  Not a single member of the Steeler organization  would rather play In Buffalo two weeks.  So why would they not go for the #2 seed? 

Wait?  What are you saying here?   If they are "giving up" on the Browns game, they are assuring themselves of being #3....and assuring themselves of having to go to Buffalo....if they get by the #6 seed.   (and Buff gets by #7)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, I watched every minute of that game and enjoyed it immensely.  The Patriots have had their comeuppance due for years.  Bills beat the tar out of them. Fig Newton basically sucked, and Stidham didn't look much better. Bill looked dazed and confused in his post game presser- almost like his dog just died or something similar.  

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Exactly...  

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

If we lose... So what... Shittpuke isnt going anywhere...

Now that's crazy talk- after 18 years I don't want to wait another one to make it to the playoff promised land. 

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

As others said- the Bills are firing on all cylinders, and it isn't going to matter where they play them- if it even comes to that. Resting Ben, they're (almost) conceding the #2 seed to them.  Buffalo owns the tiebreaker over them. Gipper pointed out- as things stand- the Steelers would have to get by the Ravens first. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

thank you....your comment is correct.....they basically did not have a bye week because of the reshuffling of the schedule....i think they are out of gas more or less....they came alive in the second half against indy but they have to be tired more than anything....and who is to say they cannot beat the clowns with backups....it is not out of the question...they can....

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

heh heh heh....these are the browns....we still have to contend with their d......they stuff the run, we are in trouble....with fumbleiitis baker.....

As we saw playing the Jets- regarding the Browns. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong- at the worst possible time. 

As to the Steelers D- depends how many of their starters they sit, or only play on a limited basis. Vag will do some righteous howling if any of Watt, Heyward, or Fitzpatrick would get hurt in an almost meaningless game for the Steelers. 

Judging from the Tomlin Press Conference...

”a guy or two” more will be out.  My guess Probably defensive guys.  They will give Mason the full complements of the offense but I expect the WRs Juju, Johnson, Claypool to be on a snap counts. Some of the line too.  Defense (aside from the couple ruled out the others will be shuttled in and out) maybe they keep a few backers in most of the game because they are already thin there. 

I think we benefit the most from Watt and Heyward being out - maybe these are the mysterious scratches 

My guess.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I will remind you of that in The Tavern.... B)

If he is still in the tavern. You know how he ducks out when the game gets close. He may not even make it to the two minute mark. Two minutes in I mean., not two minute warning😂

44 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If he is still in the tavern. You know how he ducks out when the game gets close. He may not even make it to the two minute mark. Two minutes in I mean., not two minute warning😂

This board, along with the Tavern, will get ugly Sunday if the Browns lose. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This board, along with the Tavern, will get ugly Sunday if the Browns lose. 

I suspect that this board will be ugly for a while....but then it will turn to what we damned well have always done for like the last  20 years:    Talk Draft.   And Free Agency.

And that talk will be about:    Who will we be getting back heathy that will be ready for next year when we will really make a move?     Who and at what positions will we draft?   What holes must we fill?  What moves should we make in free agency.  How will the salary cap affect anything we do?   etc.  etc. etc. 

Face it.....we are going to do that anyway short of winning it all.

Fair to say? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I suspect that this board will be ugly for a while....but then it will turn to what we damned well have always done for like the last  20 years:    Talk Draft.   And Free Agency.

And that talk will be about:    Who will we be getting back heathy that will be ready for next year when we will really make a move?     Who and at what positions will we draft?   What holes must we fill?  What moves should we make in free agency.  How will the salary cap affect anything we do?   etc.  etc. etc. 

Face it.....we are going to do that anyway short of winning it all.

Fair to say? 

No, it is not fair to say. 

If you think if the Browns - who were 9-3 and 10-4 and cruising towards their first playoff game in almost 20 years - lose Sunday against Mason Fucking Rudolph that the board will act the same as if the Browns had made the playoffs and lost a well-played game against, say, Buffalo you have officially lost your mind. 

• Upvote 2