THE BROWNS BOARD

Stop with ND in the playoffs already

Browns149

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

This is embarrassing. They look so much slower 

As much as I'm an ND fan they don't match up with Alabama.....but who does?  Maybe Clemson might come close but nobody really, they are loaded again with 5* players only Ohio State comes close in that category.

ND might be playing their way out of the "eye candy" for future playoff picks,  I'm sure the T A&M and OKL fans would agree.

Only 21-7 ND fans should rejoice that they didn't get blown out worse.  Oppps missed a 51 yard FG.

GO ND, Ohio State and Clemson's only shot at a national championship this year.......or next ?

.........add doesn't Nick Saban always look like a miserable person, or is that just me ?   :lol:

37901889-4ab4-4edd-84c1-93371640fb92-bama21.jpg

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, it is very difficult for a clean program to compete with East Germany. 

Goes to my point. These big football  factories shouldn’t be playing academic  schools like ND. They are not in the same league

Saban couldn’t care less about winning the Rose Bowl. The only schools that care about that game are the  lesser teams in the BIG TEN and PAC 12

39 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Goes to my point. These big football  factories shouldn’t be playing academic  schools like ND. They are not in the same league

Like northwestern who is playing better ball but probably couldn't beat Ohio State, Alabama or other 5* and 4* football factory teams.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Parity is dead in college football and the CFP helped kill it

One of my old pet peeves of mine do a 16 team playoff like every other football division.

It can be done with the bowls and WAY more successful.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Parity is dead in college football and the CFP helped kill it

I don't know....Is it?   It just takes other schools to get a good coach and recruit good players.   Other schools have made breakthroughs.  Here is the list of CFP participants since it started:

Clemson  6 times

Alabama  6 times

Ohio St.  4 times

Oklahoma 4 times

Notre Dame  2 times

Oregon   1

Washington 1

Michigan St.  1

Florida St. 1 

LSU  1

Georgia   1

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why do you think?

20 of the 28 possible slots have been 4 teams

Bama or Clemson have been in every final but the first, and they've played each other 4 times (3 in the finals)

The system allows the rich to get richer. There is a snowball effect with recruiting. Especially if the rich utilize bagmen. 

The best chance to fix the system is NIL rights and/or paying the players. An expanded CFP wouldn't hurt though

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

20 of the 28 possible slots have been 4 teams

Bama or Clemson have been in every final but the first, and they've played each other 4 times (3 in the finals)

The system allows the rich to get richer. There is a snowball effect with recruiting. Especially if the rich utilize bagmen. 

The best chance to fix the system is NIL rights and/or paying the players. An expanded CFP wouldn't hurt though

At a minimum it should be an 8 team playoff which means 7 of the bowls. The rest can go to all other teams as usual. The only thing that I think all conferences should do is exactly what the SEC does. All bowl monies above expenses to the team going are put in the SEC pot and split equally among all SEC teams so that even in a zero win year, that team gets it's equal share.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The only thing that I think all conferences should do is exactly what the SEC does. All bowl monies above expenses to the team going are put in the SEC pot and split equally among all SEC teams so that even in a zero win year, that team gets it's equal share.

The Big 10 has been doing this for decades. I'm pretty sure all the way back to Woody & Bo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

At a minimum it should be an 8 team playoff which means 7 of the bowls. The rest can go to all other teams as usual. The only thing that I think all conferences should do is exactly what the SEC does. All bowl monies above expenses to the team going are put in the SEC pot and split equally among all SEC teams so that even in a zero win year, that team gets it's equal share.

The big ten already shared revenue. In fact the big ten has the highest per team revenue. 

Expanded playoffs will help. NIL would be big too.

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The big ten already shared revenue. In fact the big ten has the highest per team revenue. 

Expanded playoffs will help. NIL would be big too.

I think it's a tough slippery slope regarding revenue sharing and paying players.

Much of the revenue generated from football & basketball (at not only Big 10 schools) funds the other sports programs at the schools. I'm not sure it helps fund say, the science departments or english departments, etc. 

The NCAA would have to change amateur rules, no? It would also effect athlete's who have Olympic dreams if they get paid (basketball in particular). 

I do know some guys who played college football, and hear their horror stories about how they have to be careful in receiving any kind of financial aid. Even if their Aunts & Uncles want to send them $50 for Christmas it could be deemed illegal by the NCAA. It's a mess.

9 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I think it's a tough slippery slope regarding revenue sharing and paying players.

Much of the revenue generated from football & basketball (at not only Big 10 schools) funds the other sports programs at the schools. I'm not sure it helps fund say, the science departments or english departments, etc. 

The NCAA would have to change amateur rules, no? It would also effect athlete's who have Olympic dreams if they get paid (basketball in particular). 

I do know some guys who played college football, and hear their horror stories about how they have to be careful in receiving any kind of financial aid. Even if their Aunts & Uncles want to send them $50 for Christmas it could be deemed illegal by the NCAA. It's a mess.

The NCAA would have to change their rules or schools would have to agree to leave the NCAA

Schools are eating $20M+ buyouts while also cancelling non revenue sports. The illusion of football and basketball being amateur sports is dead. 

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The NCAA would have to change their rules or schools would have to agree to leave the NCAA

Schools are eating $20M+ buyouts while also cancelling non revenue sports. The illusion of football and basketball being amateur sports is dead. 

It's all about the $$. Colleges typically raise tuition 5-6% every year, while many families never realize that in pay raises over a two or 3 year period.

I'm not here to argue about illusions or not illusions about amateur sports. In my mind they are amateur sports, but the revenue generated sure isn't amateur, that's for sure.

54 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Amateur rules for the Olympics have been thrown out long ago. Where have you been on this?  

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

It's all about the $$. Colleges typically raise tuition 5-6% every year, while many families never realize that in pay raises over a two or 3 year period.

Some have not realized that over   10-20 year period. 

I'm not here to argue about illusions or not illusions about amateur sports. In my mind they are amateur sports, but the revenue generated sure isn't amateur, that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Exactly. So continuing to allow the schools and the NCAA to play this guy is foolish. The players should be paid, and at worst they should get NIL rights. 

The schools fighting this now are the ones benefiting from the current broken system that they're succeeding in by bending the rules are just completely cheating