THE BROWNS BOARD

thoughts at halftime

blowe

the BQ int shouldn't have happened, the pass before was right in BE's hands and he dropped it. then he went back to him, in which case BE was completly manhandled by the DB, BQ probably shouldn't have thrown it to him, but it was just 17 seconds left and 3rd down.

I agree. That is putting a lot of trust into Braylon Edwards to make that play, but he did it last year as well.

Mangini doesnt show much during the preseason, so the fact the DA sat most of the game doesn't tell me much. I think he may be protecting DA and his own hand vs MIN. Hopefully he's protecting the defense too, because they look RAC'esque.

Da was given 2 "drives" the same as quinn. The reason he sat most of the game is because he had a three and out and a pick. The plan was for evenly split reps

Under 50 yds rushing and under 200 yds passing, with 4 INT's on top for the offense that put up 0 points.

It is early - but I was talking early warning for exacty what we saw tonight - no surprises with this stuff.

0 FU**ING POINTS???? Come the "F" on man, not positive plays on D or O ????

F**k this.....I better see more soon, because whatever I saw today - which sadly I expected - is not good enough for the NCAA Big Ten.

:: Pathetic ::

Quinn's INT was his fault. Bad pass. The fact that BE dropped the ball prior doesn't excuse Quinn's poor pass on the next play. That's a ridiculous line of thinking.

Quinn looked pretty sharp otherwise. Nice laser to Cribbs on the facemask play.

DA's play was so short its hard to draw any conclusions. The entire offensive unit was not sharp and the OLine was especially bad. Dont' forget this was a defense playing the 3-4 for the FIRST TIME in live action tonight. We couldn't rush the ball and we couldn't protect the passer. DA's was hit on three throws.

Defense didn't surprise me. Green Bay is pretty loaded on offense and this is the first live action for the defense. Was it encouraging? Nope. Am I ready to declare the defense a loss? Not yet.

Dont' forget this was a defense playing the 3-4 for the FIRST TIME in live action tonight. We couldn't rush the ball and we couldn't protect the passer.

Greythan if I was so inclined I would slit someone's job. I mean come the f**k on these guys don't even know where to line up yet, and obviously we don't either - on O or D.

F * * K !

I blame DA for getting hit and picked...he was holding the ball too long...nothing new there. He has to read the blitz coming and do something about it. They are giving the qb that power now with the new regime. If he can't check out of it now, he's going to be throwing more jump balls up.

thank god for DA his little pass 3 yards behind the line was complete. i was suprised it was to our guy, would have been funny if he missed, and they picked it up and ran it for a TD. for DA that was an extremely risky play. thats not an easy pass for him to make.

Guest Aloysius
Wimbley looked really good, they started shifting the line over towad him.

Yeah, Wimbley did some good things tonight. On the 4th down play ruined by Ivy's hold, Wimbley used his shoulder duck move to get past RT Allen Barbre, then got in Rodgers' face right when he was throwing. Later on, he pushed LT Tony Moll back into Matt Flynn, flushing him out of the pocket.

However, he was stood up twice by TE Donald Lee in the run game, resulting in big gains. If he's going to play on the strongside, he needs to be able to be able to hold his ground against tight ends. Otherwise, we'll get killed in the run game.

I don't know why everyone is so set on blaming DA or Quinn. I don't trust either of them.

Our defense is terrible. Another year of being on highlight clips for the other team? I cannot believe we gave up a TD to Donald Driver. Pathetic.

Everyone stop making excuses.

Archived