THE BROWNS BOARD

Jedrick Wills Also Cited For Drag Racing, Second Driver Along With Rashard Higgins

Vambo

5 hours ago, Orion said:

They didn't even mention what kind of rides the guys had.   pft

Exactly what I was wondering...

49 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Ford gt40 vs ferrari 330 p4.

lmao... I did not realize Gip was such a car guy. :D

1 hour ago, Silver slayer said:

Okay and when Lamar Jackson put up instagram video of himself doing 140mph  nothing was said, swept under the rug. 

Although my vette can do 180, I've only taken it up to 100....because I'm a responsible muscle car owner.  lol

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

Although my vette can do 180, I've only taken it up to 100....because I'm a responsible muscle car owner.  lol

I only took my Honda VFR 800 to 120mph once, when some guy with a pickup on a two lane highway tried to stop me passing him by running up to 90 in an attempt to brush me into oncoming traffic. Took me about 2 seconds to pass him. That damn thing had wings. I'm sure he was convinced I flew over him and not around him it was so f'n fast.🦇

Honda VFR800

Honda VFR800

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Ford gt40 vs ferrari 330 p4.

Are you saying that is what I depicted in the photo?   Or what you think would be the premier  matchup made by those 2 manufacturers?     I don't really know from cars much.  I just like that movie and put a picture up from there.    I do think they are still making the "Shelby".    Shelby was the guy depicted by Matt Damon in the movie.  Is the real Shelby still alive? 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Exactly what I was wondering...

lmao... I did not realize Gip was such a car guy. :D

LOL,  no, I am not.  I just know the Shelby from the movie, and that  Sonny Crockett drove a Testarossa.   And that  Bullit drove a Mustang....and faced off against a Dodge Charger, which a kid up the street from me owned one just like it (and got in his share of trouble because of it)  

What other famous "movie" cars are there?   Popeye Doyle(French Connection)  drove a Pontiac Tempest.  I once owned a car like that one, same "rust" color...except lacking the muscle.      I have never seen any of the  Fast and Furious movies, so I don't know what they were driving. 

One other question...

Who won?

On a serious note... no guns or dime bags have been reported falling out of their vehicles... so we got that going for us.

• Haha 1

This is a non story. They both gassed it at a stop light and got busted. I do that 3 times a day in my WRX. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is a non story. They both gassed it at a stop light and got busted. I do that 3 times a day in my WRX. 

I'm going to have to make a citizen's arrest.    :)   My son had a WRX.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One other question...

Who won?

On a serious note... no guns or dime bags have been reported falling out of their vehicles... so we got that going for us.

Doggone it Tour, I was gonna post the same thing! Glad I read all posts first.

Mike

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm going to have to make a citizen's arrest.    :)   My son had a WRX.

We're all knuckleheads. Lol

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are you saying that is what I depicted in the photo?   Or what you think would be the premier  matchup made by those 2 manufacturers?     I don't really know from cars much.  I just like that movie and put a picture up from there.    I do think they are still making the "Shelby".    Shelby was the guy depicted by Matt Damon in the movie.  Is the real Shelby still alive? 

Those are the cars in the picture. The gt40 on the left and the p4 on the right. Legendary rivalry. Carol Shelby died in 2012. They definitely still make Shelby mustangs under the Ford moniker. The gt500 is currently the fastest production Mustang ever made and the gt350 you mentioned is track centric and also a beast of a car. American muscle with the corvette, certain mustangs (gt500 and gt350) and certain camaros have closed the gap with their foreign counterparts. They are all now considered tremendous bang for your buck vehicles despite some going over 100k now. Im a giant car guy and I agree, it's a tremendous movie and very historically accurate. You should seek out RUSH which is another tremendous car movie seated in history. Rush is about the rivalry between James hunt and Nicky lauda. 

Edit: a p4 is worth around 4 million now and even more with race heritage. If a car has any legit race heritage they are worth a fortune. A gt40 went to auction with race heritage back in I believe 2012-2014 and it sold for 11m. The p4 along with a Lamborghini Miura are two of the most beautiful cars ever made, especially when you consider the time they were built. You can tell the designers loved their women because those cars are all smooth curves. Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

my wife has a 2000 gt350 we bought brand new ...only has 59k miles on it....that car still rocks......it's not a shelby though.....

They didn't make a gt350 in 2000 and the gt350 in the official sense is only made by ford/Shelby together. Do you have a Saleen? 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You should seek out RUSH which is another tremendous car movie seated in history. Rush is about the rivalry between James hunt and Nicky lauda.  

👍 Rush was my fav autosport movie until Ford vs. Ferrari came along.

H-A-P-P-Y... I'm H-A-P-P-Y...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

👍 Rush was my fav autosport movie until Ford vs. Ferrari came along.

H-A-P-P-Y... I'm H-A-P-P-Y...

Same. Terrific movies.  Ford vs Ferrari is one of my favorite movies period now and a lot of that has to do with just how accurate the movie actually was from a historical stand point and it was of course wonderfully acted.