THE BROWNS BOARD

3rd & Goal at the 6, you have a chance to get $11 mil

Lumbergh

Anderson threw 2 passes and got hit on both.

The real question is, will Quinn get another chance as good as he had staring him in the face at Green Bay?

0-2 is still 0-2 and he was intercepted nowhere near the end zone

Guest SoupDawg
Toss one to the backup safety for the Packers, apparently.

No mention that BE dropped the touchdown pass. and then caused the interception to happen?

Your a joke lumbergh, I hope you die in RL seriously , you deserve it.

One QB with a 43 rating and the other with a 0.0. I would not be bragging about either QB. BQ did exactly what people bitch at DA for, drive the field and then throw a int. But from what I read and heard people say I would have to say that BQ did better than DA, he was a little less horrible than DA. I did not get to watch it though so I will be looking forward to seeing highlights of it.

Anderson threw 2 passes and got hit on both.

Funny how that works.....

If you can't complete a friggin' pass, then you run out of downs and run out of chances to complete more passes.

One would think you would understand this concept, having drooled all over DA for so long.

One QB with a 43 rating and the other with a 0.0. I would not be bragging about either QB. BQ did exactly what people bitch at DA for, drive the field and then throw a int. But from what I read and heard people say I would have to say that BQ did better than DA, he was a little less horrible than DA. I did not get to watch it though so I will be looking forward to seeing highlights of it.

ya but wouldnt b that low if edwards actually knew how to catch a ball i think edwards would b the best saftey in the league or corner

while BQ did throw the pick it should've never came to that....Braylon dropped an easy touchdown pass.

As far as BE dropping a TD and that causing the INT. I just have to say that does not hold water because when BE dropped a sure TD against the ratbirds last year and then DA threw and INT all I read was how horrible DA was. So please understand that if the excuses are not good for DA they are not good for BQ either and that really applies to drops.

But still a 43 rating is nothing to crow about. Like I said, BQ was a little less horrible than DA. It is one game, we will get to see how DA does in front of a hostile crowd next week as the starter.

Again, You do not accept BE dropping the ball as an excuse for DA it is also not an excuse for BQ. As I read so very many times on this board, every QB has to deal with drops. And that is especially true when you are throwing to BE.

But BQ still had the much less horrible game by all accounts.

As far as BE dropping a TD and that causing the INT. I just have to say that does not hold water because when BE dropped a sure TD against the ratbirds last year and then DA threw and INT all I read was how horrible DA was. So please understand that if the excuses are not good for DA they are not good for BQ either and that really applies to drops.

But still a 43 rating is nothing to crow about. Like I said, BQ was a little less horrible than DA. It is one game, we will get to see how DA does in front of a hostile crowd next week as the starter.

I was not the one making those excuses so I do hold a lil more water :lol:

Quinn threw it to Edwards again because he had man coverage. Mr. Superstar WR should beat the DB. Edwards couldn't, oh wait, he couldn't last year as well.

Brady has to learn to face reality, Braylon is Braylon. We all want him to be a superstar, but he is just a average WR with good leaping ability. 2007 was a career year(or half career year) for him as everything got together right.

Quinn threw it to Edwards again because he had man coverage. Mr. Superstar WR should beat the DB. Edwards couldn't, oh wait, he couldn't last year as well.

Brady has to learn to face reality, Braylon is Braylon. We all want him to be a superstar, but he is just a average WR with good leaping ability. 2007 was a career year(or half career year) for him as everything got together right.

Braylon sucks. :angry:

Braylon can't catch a cold, let alone a staph infection.

Pretty simple "eyeball test:"

Which QB looked like the one who's started 20+ NFL games and which one looked like the one who has only started 3?

no doubt Quinn had the less horrible game.

but that one play was his chance to take the bull by the horns.

he knew it. we all knew it.

and he threw one late and behind the WR. Picked in the end zone.

so much for the "gamer" label.

chances like that gem don't come along too often.

if he plays Detroilet like he played them last year, he might have just waived bye bye to that $11 mil.

Think by what I read I would say the back up in Green Bay looked better than either Browns QB(of course he was playing the Browns defense). It was one game and I am reserving judgement on anybody. New system, new coach same old BE.

If you were not one of the ones that said all QB's get drops and that BE did not hurt the Browns QB's anymore than any other team dealt with then yes it does carry a little more water when you make the statement.

But, I do see many of the same people that said that the drops did not matter when it was concerning DA all of a sudden have changed their tune when BE is dropping BQ's balls. All I say is be consistent on your QB evaluation.

And I would agree that 43 rating is much better than 0.0. Still terrible but is much better than 0.0.

And on my crack on the Browns defense, I actually have no doubt that they will improve on last year. I really mean that, the Browns have more talent and more depth and they will have Rogers. I am actually not as worried about the defense as I am about the running game and the QB situation. None of the Qbs did anything for me today.

Think by what I read I would say the back up in Green Bay looked better than either Browns QB. It was one game and I am reserving judgement on anybody. New system, new coach same old BE.

If you were not one of the ones that said all QB's get drops and that BE did not hurt the Browns QB's anymore than any other team dealt with then yes it does carry a little more water when you make the statement.

But, I do see many of the same people that said that the drops did not matter when it was concerning DA all of a sudden have changed their tune when BE is dropping BQ's balls. All I say is be consistent on your QB evaluation.

And I would agree that 43 rating is much better than 0.0. Still terrible but is much better than 0.0

You should reserve judgment until you actually SEE the game. The disparity between the 43.0 performance and the 0.0 could fill the Grand Canyon.

Quinn actually looked like he belonged on the field. DA looked absolutely lost.....even bad for DA......just tuurrrrrible.

Quinn's INT was really bad. Horrific to be honest.

He was pressured, had to move up in the pocket and try to throw across his body into tight coverage. BE was open by NFL standards on that play, but the pass was poorly executed. Kosar said it best, "He'd like to have that one again".

That's the same type of decision making that we lambaste (sp?) DA for. Mistake, pure and simple.

That said, Quinn looked really sharp otherwise tonight. His other bad pass that I recall may not have been a bad pass at all: the throw in Cribbs that was wide. It looked like BQ was expecting Cribbs to break out on the play and instead Cribbs sat down. Again, Kosar analyzed it and said as much. (Really love Kosar's analysis.)

Quinn hit his guys on target, in stride. His laser to Cribbs is the type of pass I wanted to see him make. That's the NFL arm strength test type of pass and he nailed it. Ran the offense well, had guys organized, looked the part.

As for DA, really too brief to draw solid analysis. Getting hit when throwing is primarily the protection's fault, imo. However, the QB has accountability for pocket presence and DA has struggled with this in the past. As we know, he's a rhythm guy and the OL wasn't giving the type of protection he likes. He certainly didn't look good.

Advantage Quinn so far.

QB ratings in preseason are a joke anyway. We've seen our backups have career ratings in preseason. Doesn't translate. I'm too lazy to look it up, but change Quinn's INT to a TD if Edwards catches the first one and what's his "rating"?

Archived