THE BROWNS BOARD

3rd & Goal at the 6, you have a chance to get $11 mil

Lumbergh

Anderson threw 2 passes and got hit on both.

Oh no.

Your precious Derek-Bear got hit?

Don't those meanies on the other team know....

331694_f520.jpg

"There's no hitting in football!"

Oops....

wrong sport.

Perhaps the practice stud should try sporting a red jersey in games and hope the defenses fall for it.

come on Lum its the first preseason game and Quinn looked sharp on most of his passes. DA looked like he was not used to game speed yet and holding onto the ball a bit...

its the first preseason game and the regime is not going to show anything for the regular season. I thought the O line looked good on about 3 plays and played pretty mediocre the rest... Lum its ok just breathe there are a couple more games DA will be playing in before a "starter" is announced.

I must say I am a little shocked BQ got the nod with the whole flip flop thing... the home crowd would really have got hyped for him to debut there... wierd

Guest Aloysius
Quinn's INT was really bad. Horrific to be honest.

He was pressured, had to move up in the pocket and try to throw across his body into tight coverage. BE was open by NFL standards on that play, but the pass was poorly executed. Kosar said it best, "He'd like to have that one again".

The real discouraging thing is that both Steinbach and St. Clair were beaten by late-round/UDFA rookies. 6th rounder Jarius Wynn ripped off of Steinbach, and St. Clair seemed a little off balance trying to mirror UDFA Cyril Obiozor.

It was only one play, but you don't like to see your starting linemen fail in that situation against 2nd team rookies.

LumDummy is going to be really upset. His boy will not be making the first team. Even though it was the first game of the preseason, Andersone gave away the starting job and Quinn sealed the starting job.

I can't believe I just thanked a steelers fan..........

please forgive me

Think by what I read I would say the back up in Green Bay looked better than either Browns QB(of course he was playing the Browns defense). It was one game and I am reserving judgement on anybody. New system, new coach same old BE.

If you were not one of the ones that said all QB's get drops and that BE did not hurt the Browns QB's anymore than any other team dealt with then yes it does carry a little more water when you make the statement.

But, I do see many of the same people that said that the drops did not matter when it was concerning DA all of a sudden have changed their tune when BE is dropping BQ's balls. All I say is be consistent on your QB evaluation.

And I would agree that 43 rating is much better than 0.0. Still terrible but is much better than 0.0.

And on my crack on the Browns defense, I actually have no doubt that they will improve on last year. I really mean that, the Browns have more talent and more depth and they will have Rogers. I am actually not as worried about the defense as I am about the running game and the QB situation. None of the Qbs did anything for me today.

You should watch the game with your own eyes before you express an uninformed opinion.

As others have stated who have watched the game, as have I (unfortunately the whole ugly mess). Quinn did play quite well. He marched us 66 yards in 10 plays in the first series and had a miscommunication with his WR on 3rd down. But, if it wasn't for Fraley and then Dawson we would have at least scored 3pts.

Then after sitting and watching DumbAss look absolutely putrid in his two series playing jumpball with the GB DBs, he took over and led us down the filed in the 2 min. offense and then hit BE for a TD to make the score 14-10. OOPS, that's right BE dropped the TD pass. I guess deja vu does happen again. LOL

Then he did make a DA type mistake by forcing it into tight coverage and by just throwing it to BE again.

But, people are delusional if they think DA has any chance whatsoever.

Quinn played very well with a DA like dumb decision. At least he was able to throw more than 2 passes without getting picked.

Is it me or does anyone else just feel their body start to cringe as DA begins to throw the ball?

Man, it will be UGLY at CBS in our next game when DA takes the field.

3rd & Goal at the 6, you have a chance to get $11 mil, what do you do?

BQ made the mistake of going to sissorhands 2 times in a row mangini isnt going to put that on BQ...

Edwards said Quinn put the ball where it was supposed to be. "I'm used to jumping, and I didn't need to leave my feet," he said.

Quinn was 7-for-11 for 68 yards, one pick, and a 43.0 rating.

"I felt confident out there," Quinn said. "It's frustrating not to capitalize in the red zone."

He said the interception throw behind Edwards was "a poor decision on my part. You have to come away with at least a field goal there. I apologized to my teammates."

And DA making an excuse for his lack of mobility and bad decision...

Anderson's night was finished: 0 for 2, one pick, 0.0 rating.

"Obviously a little bit of frustration. We didn't play the way we've been practicing," Anderson said.

He said on the interception, he got hit in the knee as he threw and "the ball just kind of fluttered in the air."

Mangini needs to quit playing this stupid controversy game and name BQ the starter it is obvious for all too see BQ is going to outclass DA on the field and this club needs to get united under one leader as soon as possible to improve our chances of winning a few games this year...

The real discouraging thing is that both Steinbach and St. Clair were beaten by late-round/UDFA rookies. 6th rounder Jarius Wynn ripped off of Steinbach, and St. Clair seemed a little off balance trying to mirror UDFA Cyril Obiozor.

It was only one play, but you don't like to see your starting linemen fail in that situation against 2nd team rookies.

Seriously Alo.

No one is talking about how awful our OL was last night. Forget the QB's, the OL was 0-16 awful.

DA was hit three times while throwing and Quinn didn't exactly have all day to throw on his drives either.

Oh, and what running game? JL needs that initial hole to burst through or he's forced into the stutter-step (which goes no where).

It was really bad last night.

no doubt Quinn had the less horrible game.

but that one play was his chance to take the bull by the horns.

Loverboy, I appreciate your brutal honesty here. I'm just wondering why you've waived the same honesty when it comes to Dumb Ass? If DA grabbed this "bull by the horns" you speak of - Quinn wouldn't be upsetting you so much.

You DO realize if he's still doing this after 27 starts - it's NEVER going away right? Haven't you wondered why SO MANY fans have changed their tune on DA since 2007. It's all about regression instead of progression.

That said, Quinn has had 2 healthy starts so the APPROPRIATE time for us to see these types of growing pains should NEVER have been after Dumb Ass failed and year #3 for the 1st round QB. We should be doing this the other way around. For example, the Atlanta Falcons didn't draft Matt Ryan so they could re-start their QB with a 94 passer rating from the year before. They drafted a LT & QB in round 1 like we did. They also added a workhorse RB via free agency like we did. The difference? They didn't go limpwristed with their first round commitments. They had the grapefruits below the acorns to honor them.

Your pen pal Shep will tell you I liked Troy Smith BETTER than I liked Brady Quinn PRE-DRAFT. Since Savage decided to HANG our franchise on Quinn - GUESS who I hoped like Hell would succeed? I'll give you a hint - he wears an orange helmet.

I've told you a couple 100 times how much I adored the Brian Sipe story. That being the case, I'll fully welcome the next one that comes along. DA is NOT Brian Sipe. He's more of a sad ending like Brian's Song. I'm sorry dude. It's looking like you picked a hollowdome as your hometown hero.

- Tom F.

chances like that gem don't come along too often.

Well I don't think DA is going to have many more chances. He had a golden opportunity to put the competition with Quinn to bed but instead confirmed why everyone is tired of his inconsistency.

So I guess we'll read post after post of Quinn bashing from you. That's all you have left.

If Braylon catches the "perfect" pass for the TD.. the 11th throw (interception) would not have been needed. Quinn would have been 8 of 10 and a TD and a QB rating that would be way up there.... It's amazing how bad one dropped pass can screw things up.

* as for lums.. your credibility on this board really cannot any worse than it already is.

* i found this posted on Roto Times this morning

Brady Quinn, QB, Cleveland Browns Sunday 8/16, 11:13 AM CT

According to the News Herald, Brady Quinn took a commanding lead in the starting quarterback battle over Derek Anderson on Saturday night. According to writer Jeff Schudel, the job is Quinn's to lose at this point.

Our View: Quinn was good on Saturday, but he didn't do anything spectacular. Anderson, however, was not good, and he may have only one more chance to prove that he deserves a shot at the starting gig. Quinn has been the favorite all along, but now it looks like almost a certainty that he will be the guy.

I've noticed the chorus of Brady's ladies touting Anderson's interception as proof of inferiority, and shifting the blame completely to BE fail to mention that Quinn would have had two interceptions had the defender not dropped it following the Cribbs reverse run. All and all both QB's looked crummy. Nothing to write home about either way.

Anybody that watched that game and couldn't figure out who the better QB was is an idiot.

Bradies Ladies, what the fook is that? Quinn basically just confirmed last night what most knew, and that is he is a way better QB than DA.

Feel free to watch the game, then feel free to learn it if you can't tell what you're seeing.

I've noticed the chorus of Brady's ladies touting Anderson's interception as proof of inferiority, and shifting the blame completely to BE fail to mention that Quinn would have had two interceptions had the defender not dropped it following the Cribbs reverse run. All and all both QB's looked crummy. Nothing to write home about either way.

The difference is that one of the QB's managed to actually move the team and you know...complete a pass while the other was absolutely horrible. Anyone on this board could've played as well as Anderson played last night. I expect just a bit more out of the potential starting QB of my team.

Archived