THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Balls for Wild Card Game ??

Orion

Who would you give game balls to?    

I'm gonna start with one:  Cody Parkey.   He's a guy that's kinda' been under the microscope...playing for a city that's absolutely crying for a playoff win...and he made ALL of his kicks.   There were a ton of kicks to make, and we needed them ALL.  Including the kick-offs.   Good job Cody Parkey!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

I'll give one to the maligned secondary, to face what, 68 passes and bend,bend, and bend some more. Sure they gave up 38, put they also had 4 picks

True that. They had a hard outing, most of them are backups and gave the offense some chances with those turnovers. 

Back to the OP, as much as I want to signal a main protagonist... It was a huge team effort:

- OL didn't give up sacks and I never heard of cam Heyward, for example.

- Mayfield leaded the team and made no mistakes. Even that first down run... Man oh man I like my QB when he plays like that. 3TD passes.

- The running back duo played at their usual level: TOP NFL. I love them both. 

- Hooper and Landry made some huge catches. Receivers didn't make many mistakes. 

- Dline maybe didn't sack Ben a lot, but boy he had some hard time on that pocket. They forced half of the INTs. 

- Takitaki had an INT and that should cover LBers. 

- Secondary had 4 picks. 

- Special teams played well, scored all points and didn't make mistakes. I don't remember a huge ST play by the Steelers.  

- Playcalling: We mixed both run and pass plays on offense, 41 points on a Steelers defense... That's something. Defense didn't go prevent all time and saved the house with a depleted secondary. 

I'm really proud of the team effort. GO BROWNS! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nero said:

Back to the OP, as much as I want to signal a main protagonist... It was a huge team effort:

- OL didn't give up sacks and I never heard of cam Heyward, for example.

- Mayfield leaded the team and made no mistakes. Even that first down run... Man oh man I like my QB when he plays like that. 3TD passes.

- The running back duo played at their usual level: TOP NFL. I love them both. 

- Hooper and Landry made some huge catches. Receivers didn't make many mistakes. 

- Dline maybe didn't sack Ben a lot, but boy he had some hard time on that pocket. They forced half of the INTs. 

- Takitaki had an INT and that should cover LBers. 

- Secondary had 4 picks. 

- Special teams played well, scored all points and didn't make mistakes. I don't remember a huge ST play by the Steelers.  

- Playcalling: We mixed both run and pass plays on offense, 41 points on a Steelers defense... That's something. Defense didn't go prevent all time and saved the house with a depleted secondary. 

I'm really proud of the team effort. GO BROWNS! 

See you next year in Lambeau.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GBfan2011 said:

See you next year in Lambeau.

What's wrong with THIS year?  :)

I cannot give reactions to the posts (used 'em up in the wee hours) but I enjoy reading your comments.  

The 'D' did a great job considering what they had to work with.  All of the understudies gave their best effort and with the help of the offense, preserved the win.

- I shoulda' left the kicker game ball for Nero.  I wasn't thinkin'  :)

This is going to sound cheesy, but I give it to the entire 53 and coaching staff. 

The coaches for not letting the players go all woe-is-me, and the players for buying in and using what seemed like far too much adversity for any one team to handle, as a giant sized chip placed perfectly on their shoulders. 

Browns 1    The World 0 

41 minutes ago, Orion said:

What's wrong with THIS year?  :)

I cannot give reactions to the posts (used 'em up in the wee hours) but I enjoy reading your comments.  

The 'D' did a great job considering what they had to work with.  All of the understudies gave their best effort and with the help of the offense, preserved the win.

- I shoulda' left the kicker game ball for Nero.  I wasn't thinkin'  :)

If we face them this year, it will be in Tampa....not in Green Bay.

Next season one of the Browns away games will be at the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.  (think John Facenda)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

If we face them this year, it will be in Tampa....not in Green Bay.

Next season one of the Browns away games will be at the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.  (think John Facenda)

I still say let’s meet this year. 😊🏈

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Tretter.

Not only did he play a great game, but he also was our de facto OL coach.

So maybe he gets 2... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm gonna start with one:  Cody Parkey.   He's a guy that's kinda' been under the microscope...playing for a city that's absolutely crying for a playoff win...and he made ALL of his kicks.   There were a ton of kicks to make, and we needed them ALL.  Including the kick-offs.   Good job Cody Parkey!

Baker Mayfield 3 TDs 0 INTs remember his last game at Heinz. 

MJ Stewart he was everywhere and actually made tackles and not allow YAC like every other DB.

Michael Dunn Guard.  He couldn’t wreck the game by giving up penetration but he actually up opened holes.

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Michael Dunn Guard.  He couldn’t wreck the game by giving up penetration but he actually up opened holes.

He wasn't half bad was he.  I hope he's ok.  And Conklin, I hope he can come back.

An honorable mention goes to Porter Gustin who made a terrific diving catch of that batted pass.

• Upvote 1

Let's not single out any players, they need to keep up the pressure and not let them gain yards by giving them too much room to catch passes. So, lets give the game ball for the head coach who filled in and got a very impressive win.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, Orion said:

i'm going with number 62.....backup guard....had to drive from ny to pitt on short notice....he was on the jets practice squad....he played a hell of a game at left guard...one hell of a game...so i'm going with an olime man....that is a story in itself....for him...wow...

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

i'm going with number 62.....backup guard....had to drive from ny to pitt on short notice....he was on the jets practice squad....he played a hell of a game at left guard...one hell of a game...so i'm going with an olime man....that is a story in itself....for him...wow...

That's the Blake guy.  It was Michael Dunn that played until he got hurt in the latter part of the game.  I figured that we were All Done when Michael Dunn had to play.  But he wasn't bad.  I think he's on IR now though...so were back to that Blake guy Hance forth.  We need Bitonio and Ward to come out the other side of COVID healthy.  And join the team for the KC game.