THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns will make NFL history this season

bugzilla

Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

Another wasted season.

I AM SICK OF THIS TEAM SUCKING!!!! I AM JUST ABOUT TO GIVE UP FOR GOOD!!!!!

Look, before I get started let me state two things. 1. I am a passionate Browns fan, not a hater. It's because I care that I have to post what I see happening. 2. Last season I made a seemingly "wild" prediction that the Browns would not score an offensive touchdown the rest of the season and it came true.

Unfortunately, after last night's disaster, I have to say that the Browns will be the first NFL team to not score an offensive touchdown in the entire regular season. They might score on kick returns and pick six on D, but I can't see the team the way it is structured now actually getting all the way into the end zone. Anderson's stats? 0 yards. 0.

Another wasted season.

It's f'cking preseason. Quit crying.

dawson-crying.jpg

yeah like another poster noted, last year Detroit won all 4 of their preseason games, what did they do in the regular season? go 0-16.

the colts have also always had a losing preseason record, and one of those years they went on to win the super bowl, preseason doesn't mean ANYTHING and it's only to evaluate rookies and new players, essentially practice.

Look, I don't want to believe this. I know the preseason doesn't matter in the end, but the fact is that the offense looked exactly the way it did the last four games of last season. For cryin' out loud, Jamal Lewis had 17 yards last night. We can move the ball sometimes,but can't sustain a scoring drive. Look at the drive where Quinn threw the INT in the endzone. The play before that he hit Edwards right in the chest and he dropped it. Every scoring drive comes down to making key plays and we can't do that.

I think the problem is that our offensive line is still weak and Braylon Edwards is the worst wide receiver in the league. He always gets open then drops the ball when it comes to him. Singlehanded he has killed more drives than the last five defenses we have faced.

We'll score TDs in the preseason. In the regular season the only chance we have is if we trade Edwards for some real offensive linemen.

Threads like these are exactly the reason I don't watch the preseason. People tend to take way too much out of one quarter of play.

I thought you were some kind of writer or something? If you are a hardcore and knowledgeable fan, you best be watching the preseason. At least if you're going to be formulating and throwing opinions around.

Scheming is absent and guys have tired camp legs, but you can certainly see a lot in player evaluation.

I thought you were some kind of writer or something? If you are a hardcore and knowledgeable fan, you best be watching the preseason. At least if you're going to be formulating and throwing opinions around.

Scheming is absent and guys have tired camp legs, but you can certainly see a lot in player evaluation.

I cover college football, not the pros. I was covering a scrimmage last night while the game was going on.

If I were covering the Browns, I would watch, but as a fan, the preseason is virtually unbearable to me.

I went back and watched the replay for a bit on NFL network and they looked sloppy, but we'll see how they react next week and, more importantly, in week 1. It's hard top form a concrete opinion from the preseason anyway, no matter how much you pay attention.

What a bunch of dumbshits actually thinking the preseason is any indication of what's going to happen in the regular season.

STFU bitch

I'll forgive last night's LAMENESS if we can win on opening day for once. I gotta be honest, I was hoping the team would show up more excited about facing their first opponents in a different color unifrom (outside of the training camp grinde). It would have been nice to see us looking good in 1 of the 3 phases of the game.

I'm not asking for perfection. That said, for a team needing a new attitude - it wasn't there. Anyone that watched this game knows what I'm talking about.

We've been taking this "it's only preseason" approach right up to many openers that haven't looked much different than "it's only preseason." What's our record on opening day since 1999?

I BELIEVE in Mangini but there's still some roster fat and character flaws that need be removed.

And last but not least, dividing the lockerroom with a QB controversy hasn't ever been good in this league. Usually when 31 NFL Executives tell you Dumb Ass isn't smart enough to be THEIR version of a starting QB - there's something to that. We have a 1st round alternative. That said, we also have the only franchise that turned its owner into a Pro Soccer fan.

- Tom F.

I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..i think it will get better every week as these guys learn to play football mangini's way and embrace discipline instead of cry and whine about it..coach needs to get real mean soon and start cutting the slackers to make clear to the others what he wants and rightfully expects..BE might be a good place to start..

next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

I dont see a touchdownless or winless season ahead especially with BQ but even with DA running the show..

I think they can win a few games even without the offense scoring a TD. We've got good special teams and the defense is rotten but comes up with alot of INTs so we might get lucky two or three times this season.

next game after the browns look better, people will be going "this team is gonna win 11 games" all over this board. BUT IT WON'T MATTER, because it's pre season, pre season doesn't matter whether you win or lose, the only thing that matters if the progression of your rookies or new players.

Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.

Look, normally the preseason means nothing, but what scares me is that the way the offense looked was EXACTLY the same as they looked during the last five games last season. They have a few good plays but can't punch it in.

I believe they will score TDs and win at least one preseason game, but when it comes to the regular season the offense has no chance to score. None. I'm telling you they WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN THROUGH THE REGULAR SEASON!

I was right last year. Everyone on this board said I was nuts to believe they could not score. What did it for me was when I saw that Houston Texans game in person. It was like a high school team playing a pro team. The Browns are SLLLOOOOOWWWW... It looks like a bunch of guys who don't want to be on the team and are doing just enough to get their paycheck. Rogers and Cribbs are the only ones who put in a pro effort. To succeed in pro football the players have to throw themselves into the game without regards for their own bodies. These guys are obviously not putting their bodies on the line.

I'm tired of the lack of passion. Mangini needs to start cutting starters and trading. Start with Edwards. Get rid of the entire defensive except for Rogers.

You sound like a passionate fan.

Just don't forget to take your meds. :rolleyes:

(we are facing these guys during the regular season don't forget)

Another wasted season.

Dude, shut up Im only old enough to know these browns, and I Know they are going to be good soon. I dont get why so many of you guys are "trying" to abandon ship when youve seen the good times, I havent had any good times and I still love every play, snap and down of browns football.

Dude, shut up Im only old enough to know these browns, and I Know they are going to be good soon. I dont get why so many of you guys are "trying" to abandon ship when youve seen the good times, I havent had any good times and I still love every play, snap and down of browns football.

I think you hit the nail on the head. When I was a kid growing up I was watching Bernie Kozar lead the Browns to within a play of the Superbowl several times. The Browns back then were awesome to watch because no matter how far down they were they always had a chance to come back. Also, no matter how far ahead they were you could never relax. They were the true Kardiac Kids.

This new team has no passion. No spine. No willpower. It's obvious that half of them are just waiting to get traded to a better team and the rest are so awful that no other team wants them.

I want a return to the days of the Kardiac Kids when we had a chance. Right now there is no reason to even pretend the team will go anywhere. Seven games without scoring a touchdown on offense? They need to step up and play pro level football or just fold the Browns franchise.

I think you hit the nail on the head. When I was a kid growing up I was watching Bernie Kozar lead the Browns to within a play of the Superbowl several times. The Browns back then were awesome to watch because no matter how far down they were they always had a chance to come back. Also, no matter how far ahead they were you could never relax. They were the true Kardiac Kids.

This new team has no passion. No spine. No willpower. It's obvious that half of them are just waiting to get traded to a better team and the rest are so awful that no other team wants them.

I want a return to the days of the Kardiac Kids when we had a chance. Right now there is no reason to even pretend the team will go anywhere. Seven games without scoring a touchdown on offense? They need to step up and play pro level football or just fold the Browns franchise.

The only way for this to happen is for you to cut off your own thumbs.

Letmeknowhowthatworksoutforyou.

Go over to that soupbones.com or whatever it is and cry there.

Bugzilla, I think you're being a bit silly. Even the Detroit Lions, the first team to go 0-16 *ever*, scored touchdowns. The stars align and squirrels find nuts, dogs get sun shone on their ass, etc.

A more likely scenario is that Quinn gradually improves as the season goes on and we start scoring in bunches.

Bugzilla, I think you're being a bit silly. Even the Detroit Lions, the first team to go 0-16 *ever*, scored touchdowns. The stars align and squirrels find nuts, dogs get sun shone on their ass, etc.

A more likely scenario is that Quinn gradually improves as the season goes on and we start scoring in bunches.

We have already gone 7 games without scoring a touchdown. That's almost half a season right there. I even think we can win maybe a game or two with fieldgoals, special teams TDs and turnovers. I don't think we will go winless, but unless there is a MAJOR change in the offense the Browns WILL NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TD ALL REGULAR SEASON!

Again preseason doesn't count since teams are putting in their backups.

My view is based on what the team did end of last season. All this first preseason game did was prove that they have not changed the offense enough to score.

Brady's QB rating was 43. Anderson's was 0.0. How can an offense score a touchdown against NFL defenses with those numbers? Also, the schedule this year is brutal. Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay. All top tier defenses. Do you honestly see this team the way it is playing now scoring against those defenses? I wish I was wrong but I've seen too many seasons of football to put my faith in the team before the facts.

and what...4 or 5 of those games were with a 3rd and 4th string qb.....

although i hate the argument, braylon catches that pass and quinns rating is above 100. quit crying about shoulda, woulda, coulda.....this town needs to give this coach a chance, because a 3 year turnover will lead to perpetual losing.....ie, the last 10 years.

preseason games 1 and 2 are about player evaluation....3 and 4 you start testing the scheme w/ your choice players. give it a chance, please.

Archived