THE BROWNS BOARD

Phish Summer Tour '09

Guest mz.

Probably at the top of their game right now. And that's saying a lot.

The wife and I were up at the Gorge (on the Columbia River in Central WA State) last weekend, and I just have to say holy shit.

gorge-amphitheater.jpg

Anybody else get to see any of the magic this summer? Ever?

• 2 weeks later...

couldnt make it this year. But every summer from probably when i was in high school and college i would see them at least 4 or 5 times a year. usually hit up deer creek for the 2 dayer, then virgiina beach then pitts. then up to new york. some of the best summers of my life that i hardly remember, lol.

ive seen about 45 shows, sating back to '95.....and sorry to say....they're not at the top of their game...not even close.

at least trey wasn't so wasted he forgot half his lyrics, but they still can't get thru YEM without xxxxing it up.

maybe after another year or 2 and they tighten up a bit, i'll go again.

Although Trey is a great guitarist, I just have never liked them. I listen to Trey's solo stuff. Every time, except twice, that I went to a Dead concert I sold my tickets or traded them, a hum. (I went to 15+). I like the Dead's studio shit. I think Phish is the Dead with cell phones. Sorry, I just don't get it.

There was a girl I knew out in Denver that went to high school with them, she offered me free tickets and to meet them. Turned her down, it was just too far to drive. Some of the stories she told me about backstage, I really can't believe some of them are still alive.

Am driving to see Cake this weekend in Buffalo though.

ive seen about 45 shows, sating back to '95.....and sorry to say....they're not at the top of their game...not even close.

at least trey wasn't so wasted he forgot half his lyrics, but they still can't get thru YEM without xxxxing it up.

maybe after another year or 2 and they tighten up a bit, i'll go again.

FWIW, even some of the folks that were hating on this tour thought the Gorge show was tits. From what I've heard from this tour, there was clear improvement from beginning to end, so I'd expect them to be back on top of it by next summer or so. I have some friends that are gonna be at their Halloween festival, and I expect that to be better than anything from summer tour.

Also, while there were some rumors floating around about a fall tour, the speculation now is for a NYE run, and a Spring European tour. I'd also expect a summer or fall tour next year. As I mentioned in another highly derailed thread, I heard a rumor that Phish is working on booking 2 nights at Legend Valley (about 25 minutes east of C-bus). Actually, I know for a fact that LiveNation contacted Legend Valley about it, but they are just talking at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets worked out.

Archived