THE BROWNS BOARD

I Guess That Settles That

The Gipper

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Did not peak...

You are claiming it was TB12 and not Bill B.

If I am wrong you can keep the $100 you owe me...

And it settles nothing...

I owe you shit because you don't know fuck all about contract rules/betting law etc. 

A wager is a bet; a contract by which two parties or more agree that a certain sum of money, or other thing, shall be paid or delivered to one of them, on the happening or not happening of an uncertain event.

https://www.upcounsel.com/legal-def-wager#:~:text=A wager is a bet,delivered to one of them.

Show where there was ever an agreement on "a certain sum of money or other thing".  If anything...I would owe you a hot fudge sundae....because that is what I agreed to. 

And yes, I am claiming it is TB  not Bill B. 

TB has now gone to a Super Bowl without  BB.   BB has won one  playoff game without TB.  

If it is not "settled".....there is an avalanche of evidence on the side of Brady. 

Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 

Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. 🤮. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

Peyton Manning is one Gip. Not sure of the other, probably before my time

• Upvote 2

Just now, hx214 said:

Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 

And this year they are going to the Super Bowl with Brady.   So, I would say that Brady made a huge difference.

Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

That could be fair...but let's just note:  without Brady,   BB has coached his teams to 2 winning seasons, and 6 losing seasons.   I would call that a trend.  Without BB, TB is still going to the Super Bowl.   I do think that the Pats will have another QB next year.  Maybe even one we think  could be good:    Possibly Stafford? . (I think they would like to get a hold of Watson....but I don't see that happening). 

Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. 🤮. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

You don't think that will be a fabulous matchup? 

By the way.....the last team that won back to back Super Bowls  was  the 03-04 Patriots....Tom Brady at QB.

The coach he beat for that 2d win?   Andy Reid.  Who will now be trying to go back to back for the first time since then.

(with the note that the Seahawks should have won  2 in a row...but for the worst coaching decision in NFL history by Pete Carroll).

I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I guess that settles that.

"That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

8 hours ago, nickers said:

I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

9 hours ago, 5150k9 said:

Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

My roll is slow, and I certainly have a grip.  Why would you think otherwise?  

And not  6 syllable words:   1 syllable words:   Truth.  Peace!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

Can't think of the other 2 yet

Those are 2.

Answers below:

Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

Do you know the other 2?

Peyton Manning. Colts and Broncos and Tobin Rote Lions/Chargers

Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

Can you name the other 3? 

Peyton Manning,  Kurt Warner, Craig Morton...actually that is it...only 3 others. 

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

... and Bill...

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and Bill...

Bill is not a Bum.  No one really claims that.   But his record as an NFL coach without Tom Brady as his starting QB is  62-73.    As I have said, he can be a playoff caliber coach,  but he owes his championships and much of his reputation to one No. 12. 

(by the way....the guys from PTI, and other ESPN and other network commentators came to that same conclusion.)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

Do you know the other 2?

Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

Can you name the other 3? 

PEYTON

EDIT: I did not peak at the answer.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bill is not a Bum.  No one really claims that.   But his record as an NFL coach without Tom Brady as his starting QB is  62-73.    As I have said, he can be a playoff caliber coach,  but he owes his championships and much of his reputation to one No. 12. 

(by the way....the guys from PTI, and other ESPN and other network commentators came to that same conclusion.)

Bill is a bum! And a CHEATER!

62-73?

Really going to count his Browns time?

Plus someone need to show their math...

Fun fact...

Brady with Bill... 219-64 for a 77.4 win percentage...

Brady no Bill... 11-5 for a 68.8 win percentage.

BB will be 69 years old in April

See this from just this past October 8th: 

For the past 53 years, George Halas has held the record as the oldest person to ever serve as a head coach in an NFL game, but that's going to change on Sunday when the Texans host the Jaguars. After firing Bill O'Brien on Monday, the Texans decided to replace him with interim coach Romeo Crennel, which is notable because it's Crennel who's going to break the record. 

When Houston's Week 5 games kicks off, Crennel is going to be 73 years and 112 days old, which means he's officially going to become the oldest head coach in NFL history. 

The current record is held by Halas, who was 72 years and 318 days old when he coached the final game of his career in December 1967. To put into perspective how rare it is to see a coach of Crennel's age on the sideline, just consider this: Since Halas' retirement, there has only been one coach who even came remotely close to catching him and that was Marv Levy, who was roughly eight months away from turning 73 when he coached his final game with the Buffalo Bills in December 1997. 

Although he's only been on the job for a few days, it looks like the 73-year-old Crennel is already starting to fit in with the younger guys in Houston. 

Though....note that, not including Romeo who was interim,  BB is not the oldest permanent HC in the NFL:

Pete Carroll isn't the oldest coach ever in NFL history, but he's getting close. The Seahawks head coach turned 69 on Sept. 15.

So Carroll is about 8 months older than Belichick. 

On 1/24/2021 at 6:23 PM, The Gipper said:

I guess that settles that.

"That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out it is always about players.  Name a coach who did anything with crap players?