THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn highlights from Packers game

OconRecon

Much appreciated on the link. I got to see the Ratliff masterpiece offensive scheme element of the game and was less than thrilled. You've got to imagine DA will get more series under his belt next game although i liked what i saw from these highlights of Quinn.

Guest ATENEARS

Watching that video, I see that our WR's sure don't get a lot of seperation. Only Edwards on his drop beat his man enough for a clean look. Cribbs slant wasn't too bad, and although the TE's aren't getting away from their coverage, they are at least getting into their patterns without all the backyard zig-zagging from Winslow in recent years.

I still don't like Quinn's short-arm release. It has no zip on the ball. That INT was horrible, Braylon was blanketed on that play. The Packers stuffed seven men into the end zone on the drop, a little better play calling could have been utilized on that next play.

There's a difference in the way he throws when he sets up and throws versus the pass he threw that was picked off. The slant to Cribbs was thrown really well and with plenty of zip on the ball, as were most of the other throws. The only bad pass was unfortunately the one that was picked off and even though I think Edwards should've done a little more to fight for the ball, it was still thrown into heavy coverage and there wasn't much open on that play.

Guest ATENEARS
There's a difference in the way he throws when he sets up and throws versus the pass he threw that was picked off. The slant to Cribbs was thrown really well and with plenty of zip on the ball, as were most of the other throws. The only bad pass was unfortunately the one that was picked off and even though I think Edwards should've done a little more to fight for the ball, it was still thrown into heavy coverage and there wasn't much open on that play.

Yeah, I agree. But I don't like that quick 'push' of the football on those short-arm throws. It is the area I commented on after watching him at training camp. He will push it out when surrounded by a heavy rush, and it makes ya cringe everytime. Many times in practice he completed the pass, but I believe this is where people start questioning his arm strength.

Cribbs patterns look good, but once opposing teams pick-up on our plays and his routes, is he going to be able to read the coverage and make a decision on the fly?

Here is another video with all highlights from the game: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ers-17-Browns-0

Our defense looks like the same ole defense. these video's are great for stopping and starting, and pausing the play. we are soooo out of position and still playing chase.

The freaking Packers Play calling was probably even better than their execution ... we got beat like red-headed step children.

Ate, I think you've developed man hate for Quinn. He didn't have "zip" on his throws? Huh? Every pass was on the money, in stride, and got there fast.

C'mon, man. In both the scrimmage and first preseason game, he looked the part of an NFL starting quarterback who knew WTF he was doing. That's a very good thing.

Bah shep these DA lovers wont acknowledge the fact BQ looks the part of an nfl QB and DA looks and plays like crap but they still have one hope left...that being that mangina is a DA lover as well who wont call the competition until DA gets that one beautiful flatfooted 70 yard bomb to BE in the endzone while under perfect protection with no pressure for 7 seconds...then it wont matter what BQ does he will name DA the starter! Bwehahahaha! ;)

Guest ATENEARS
Ate, I think you've developed man hate for Quinn. He didn't have "zip" on his throws? Huh? Every pass was on the money, in stride, and got there fast.

C'mon, man. In both the scrimmage and first preseason game, he looked the part of an NFL starting quarterback who knew WTF he was doing. That's a very good thing.

Don't be a dick, you know the throw I was commenting on and I didn't come anywhere close to saying that he didn't have zip on any ball. In fact, if you want to quit pitting every QB opinion on the gay fantasy camps we have going on here, you might have noticed the comments about our WR's not getting seperation on a "HIGHLIGHT" video of Quinns completions was an endorsement for Quinn himself.

However, on throws in traffic, he don't have a quick flick from his wrist, he more or less pushes the pass out. Although his decision was worst than the pass (that was INT'ed), that pass concerns me ... it's ugly.

Yeah, I agree. But I don't like that quick 'push' of the football on those short-arm throws. It is the area I commented on after watching him at training camp. He will push it out when surrounded by a heavy rush, and it makes ya cringe everytime. Many times in practice he completed the pass, but I believe this is where people start questioning his arm strength.

Cribbs patterns look good, but once opposing teams pick-up on our plays and his routes, is he going to be able to read the coverage and make a decision on the fly?

Here is another video with all highlights from the game: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ers-17-Browns-0

Our defense looks like the same ole defense. these video's are great for stopping and starting, and pausing the play. we are soooo out of position and still playing chase.

The freaking Packers Play calling was probably even better than their execution ... we got beat like red-headed step children.

Did'nt Bernie have a "strange" way of throwing it too?

Guest ATENEARS
Did'nt Bernie have a "strange" way of throwing it too?

Wholly Shit, you're right ... that means Brady must be a really smart QB too. Shitman, this BQ lovin is easy ... can we get a slurpee machine installed on this forum?

Wholly Shit, you're right ... that means Brady must be a really smart QB too. Shitman, this BQ lovin is easy ... can we get a slurpee machine installed on this forum?

LOL naw Ive just seen enough too know that DA is going to be streaky forever, and I wanna see what Quinn has if he sucks time to draft McCoy.

Guest ATENEARS
Honestly, I've never heard Quinn's mechanics questioned. They're pretty much spot on and he has a quick release.

Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret; BQ slipped 20-spots in the draft, and has struggled to beat out a guy most here woud say is one of the wosrt starting QB's in the league, after being evaluated by multiple coaching staffs. If you guys want to sing yourselves to bed each night with dreams of the kid being the next Tom Brady, knock yourselves out, but please refrain from responding to those who don't get school girl silly every time a pretty boy QB comes to town.

Wow, we must be watching two different games.

Watching that video, I see that our WR's sure don't get a lot of seperation. Only Edwards on his drop beat his man enough for a clean look. Cribbs slant wasn't too bad, and although the TE's aren't getting away from their coverage, they are at least getting into their patterns without all the backyard zig-zagging from Winslow in recent years.

Winslow only caught more passes for this team during his time here than anyone and set the Browns record for receptions in a single year breaking a HoF'ers record. Yeah, he had problems getting open, ran bad routes, and had shitty hands. Oh, or your favorite issue with him: he was a pussy in cold weather.

You're out to lunch on that one.

I still don't like Quinn's short-arm release. It has no zip on the ball. That INT was horrible, Braylon was blanketed on that play. The Packers stuffed seven men into the end zone on the drop, a little better play calling could have been utilized on that next play.

The slant to Cribbs had NFL zip on it. It was a perfect pass and it got there in a hurry.

His other completions were in stride and on time.

Bernie Kosar short armed a ton of passes. But you know what? They generally got where they were supposed to go: to the receiver and not the opposition.

Quinn's INT was a horrid decision. We all said as much and he said the same thing in his post game presser. Notice, he didn't make any excuses where our other QB talked about "we" and "getting hit" when asked about his pickS.

QB, and Quinn in specific, looks to be way down on the list of our worries. I'm more concerned about:

- OL

- RB

- Defense (other than Rogers who didn't play)

Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret; BQ slipped 20-spots in the draft, and has struggled to beat out a guy most here woud say is one of the wosrt starting QB's in the league, after being evaluated by multiple coaching staffs. If you guys want to sing yourselves to bed each night with dreams of the kid being the next Tom Brady, knock yourselves out, but please refrain from responding to those who don't get school girl silly every time a pretty boy QB comes to town.

Aaron Rodgers fell as well and For the multiple coaching staffs evaluating him the only thing I want Romeo Crennel evaluating is the krispy kreme donut.

Thanks for the link--I don't get the NFL network and I couldn't get Sopcast to work, so it's nice to see some of what went on. Most of his passes looked pretty good, and it was nice to see Cribbs running after the catch with the same violence that he brings to his returns. Edwards' drop in the end zone is inexcusable, but no more or less than Quinn's next pass. Yeah, if he doesn't drop the ball there is no next pass, but if Quinn puts the next one on the money there isn't an interception either. And if my aunt had...

Dennis

Still, he clearly has the lead at the moment, and hopefully he'll build on it next week.

Guest ATENEARS
Wow, we must be watching two different games.

Winslow only caught more passes for this team during his time here than anyone and set the Browns record for receptions in a single year breaking a HoF'ers record. Yeah, he had problems getting open, ran bad routes, and had shitty hands. Oh, or your favorite issue with him: he was a pussy in cold weather.

You're out to lunch on that one.

The guy had great hands, and could you imagine how many more passes he would have caught had he had a QB who could throw short passes? As far as the cold weather games, whenever he scores his first late season TD, drop me the highlight reel.

The slant to Cribbs had NFL zip on it. It was a perfect pass and it got there in a hurry.

His other completions were in stride and on time.

You guys are like moon-struck girls. I complimented Cribbs route, and AGAIN by me stating that the receivers weren't getting very good seperation (except for BE & Cribbs), that was a compliment to boy wonder that he was able to complete the passes.

Bernie Kosar short armed a ton of passes. But you know what? They generally got where they were supposed to go: to the receiver and not the opposition.

He also stepped up and won a fucking starting job when given the opportunity and was known for being smart as hell at reading defenses. We also had an awesome O-line and run game back in that day, so WTF does that have to do with today?

Quinn's INT was a horrid decision. We all said as much and he said the same thing in his post game presser. Notice, he didn't make any excuses where our other QB talked about "we" and "getting hit" when asked about his pickS.

Yeah, I said the same thing ... ummm, take off the cape, he obviously has enough merry men coming to his rescue. Sorry I didn't say it with BQ sauce on my chin.

QB, and Quinn in specific, looks to be way down on the list of our worries. I'm more concerned about:

- OL

- RB

- Defense (other than Rogers who didn't play)

That's fucking hilarious, being that I commented on much of the above yet you failed to address those points, only wisked your cape around to come to wonderboys defense. If it's not a problem, then why did you take the time to address that part and not the others? Hell, I even alluded that the play calling was suspect in the Brady INT play, put up video of our putrid defense, and have called out Jamal Lewis right here early last season only to have most of the board come at me with similar lame excuses.

You're out to lunch pal ... and Winslow is in Tampa (Hmmmmm).

Yea BQ had a 43 Qb rating last night. But if BE catches the ball then it is probably closer to 100. Shows how important a drop is to QB rating. But BQ did look better than a 43 rating. And since Da threw 2 passes I assume there was not allot of highlights :). Waiting to see how they both do next week when DA faces a hostile crowd.

Guest Aloysius
I don't think that's a 43 rating, right? 7 of 11? Can't be.

When your YPA is very low (6.2), it offsets a very good completion percentage. And as others have mentioned, the TD/INT flip made all the difference with his QBR.

Couple of things: Kosar took over around game six when Danileson went down and fumbled his first snap away. He played the rest of the season completely handcuffed as the Browns ran with two 1,000 yard rushers to the playoffs, where they choked to Marino in the second half. Berns was considered the starter from that point on, so technically he never earned a camp battle.

There are all kinds of problems on this team right now, mostly the lack of pass rush and the fact they still think Lewis can run the ball. The Quinn bashing needs to stop. He is the starter as he should be and Derek Bear is going to the land of NFL backup QB's.

If your goal is to create drama on the board that's one thing, but if you are still actually rooting against a kid because he's good looking and wasn't taken first overall, well, I gotta question your legitimacy as a Browns fan.

Enough with the "he hasn't won a job yet". He's winning one right now and it's the first time he has gotten a chance to.

It would be nice to see this team's fans get behind the promising QB instead of continuing to chickenshit over DA. Fans have changed a ton over the years and sometimes I gotta really wonder about the acumen and loyalty that's exhibited. The fact that there are people way more rooting for Quinn to fail than the overall success of the team sucks ass.

The guys like me and Flugs that wanted DA gone last year when he had some value still got behind him and the team prior to last season.

i've turned that leaf, Riff. i just wanted to see if DA had turned the corner and actually "got it"....thats not even close to happening.

quinn looked much calmer than games past....lost those happy feet he had. hope he makes the best of his chances.

Who cares what Quinn looks like. You never see Anderson without his shirt off because he doesn't feel the need to work out and actually buff up like Quinn, Quinn is a workaholic and wants to be the best in every way possible. DA is content throwing up bombs and it shows in everything he does.

If you're seriously rooting against the kid because of what he looks like, you're pathetic.

Guest ATENEARS

Hey Riff, above is my original reply in this thread, it was followed by others accusing me of being a DA apologist and BQ hater. Plesae re-read my above statement, then promptly re-direct your comments toward the appropiate party

For reference: below is my second reply to this thread, mentioning other area's of concern. Again, if legit normal conversations that don't leave you with goo on your chin ain't going to be allowed around here, we might as well fold up the site now.

On the other hand, I assume you will refrain from addressing Lum and his views of DA ... and Flugel will stop translating 'DA' as 'Dumb Ass' since you two have taken this high road.

I addressed the Kosar thing at you, the rest is directed at people in general of which you and Zombo appear to be taking the "Quinn is a fag" approach.

Point being, I can get behind my QB (I mean rooting for him) whereas a lot of people seem to be fighting this. We had people who didn't even watch the game going by the stupid QBR shit like it's cut and dry. I've listened to people off the board ragging Quinn saying both QB's suck. I don't get it, he marched the team right down the field both times we had the ball and looked good doing it. Just like he did in 07 against San Fran and just like he did last year against Denver, so why are people so judgmental of this kid while forgiving DA of being a complete idiot?

I'm more than happy to wear the goo on my chin because I think this kid is going to be a pretty good one, regardless of people seemingly rooting against him.

As far as DA goes, he is a dumbfook. Enough of that dufus already, the ship has sailed unless Queen goes down. Call me a hypocrite but he's had his shot, Quinn is getting shot before even getting his chance.

At this point I'm done with the QB's and concentrating on what really ails this team, and that's lack of pass rush, Jamal Lewis, Kamerion Wimbley and Brodney Pool for now. Kind of like Satn last year when you kept trying to deflect criticism off DA and onto other aspects. That's where I'm at now, Queen is the starter so get used to it. Either become a Brady's Lady or get off the pot. I'm actually more worried about Zombo than you, I think Shep has turned Zombo into an anti Quinn.

Archived