THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn highlights from Packers game

OconRecon

Guest ATENEARS

The whole Kosar thing is just downright stupid. That's not on me, it was just another stupid deterant from talking about Quinn. When anything negative about Quinn does surface, all of a sudden other QB's names get thrown into the mix to defer away from Queen herself.

I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.

My point about the draft is that obviously Quinn isn't picture perfect as some within this thread have alluded. He obviously had/has flaws that other teams wanted to distance themselves from, he obviously has area's that have prevented him from winning a starting job competeing against the Charlie Frye's and Derek Andersosn of the league, and obviously has been held down by more than one coaching regime. So, that was used by me to open the door that there are some things to talk about negatively about his game. I made no mention that if he wasn't a first overall that he would suck for eternity, or ignored that others drafted much later in previous drafts have gone on to be some of the leagues elite ... that has nothing to do with it.

Can we talk about Quinn's entire game, good or bad, or not?

Guest ATENEARS
Point being, I can get behind my QB (I mean rooting for him) whereas a lot of people seem to be fighting this.

As far as DA goes, he is a dumbfook.

Yes, I'll call you a hyprocrite ... those two sentences above showed your cards.

I could give two-shits about DA when we are talking about Quinns game and I could give two-shits about Quinn when discussing DA. That's where even yourself has trouble ... this is a Quinn thread, I never even mentioned DA, Kosar, or anyone else until they were brought to the tables by others.

When the two guys are in the middle of a QB battle to win the starting job in such a pivotal year, you cant talk about one of them without mentioning the other.

The Browns invested a lot of resources, money, and hope into Quinn when they pulled the trigger on the draft day trade. If anybody here thinks DA DA DA DUMB has a snowball's chance in Cleveland to start this season is smoking some good shit.

IF the Mangina is smart, and I believe he is, BQ is going to start 16 games this year, as he should. The Browns need to unerstand what they have in this guy - a Queen or a King.

Guest Masters
My point about the draft is that obviously Quinn isn't picture perfect as some within this thread have alluded. He obviously had/has flaws that other teams wanted to distance themselves from, he obviously has area's that have prevented him from winning a starting job competeing against the Charlie Frye's and Derek Andersosn of the league, and obviously has been held down by more than one coaching regime. So, that was used by me to open the door that there are some things to talk about negatively about his game. I made no mention that if he wasn't a first overall that he would suck for eternity, or ignored that others drafted much later in previous drafts have gone on to be some of the leagues elite ... that has nothing to do with it.

Can we talk about Quinn's entire game, good or bad, or not?

As far as the draft goes, guys move up and down where they are taken for tons of reason. Not all even related to ability, and some because of over scrutinizing. I know you don't want compare names, but Rogers dropped for various reasons too. Bringing up Quinn dropping in the draft means nothing and has no real baring on evaluating his ability at this point.

The area that prevented him most from winning (or actually even getting a chance to compete for it) the job over Frye and DA in 2007 was his hold out. You don't come into camp at the QB position as a rookie that late and get a shot at the starting job, no matter where you play.

Who is the other coaching regime holding him down? He has played two years in the NFL under 1 regime and just started under a new one. The new one decided to say publicly that it was an open competition between the two guys. Considering DA has been a starter for 2 years and Quinn is the guy who has been the back up, that sounds more like DA being held down than Quinn.

Quinn had two bads in that game Saturday. The throw away that was a near pick and the pick in the endzone. The pick in the endzone wasn't from short arming passes (I still don't see that in him, he follows threw on all his throws I have seen), but from the bad habit of back leg hop throw. It took zip off his throw, which resulted it being behind Edwards. Is it a bad habit Quinn falls into on occassion? Sure it is. Does it worry me about him? Not in the least. This is something he does what, 1 out 25 throws or more a game at best right now?

Guest ATENEARS
When the two guys are in the middle of a QB battle to win the starting job in such a pivotal year, you cant talk about one of them without mentioning the other.

The Browns invested a lot of resources, money, and hope into Quinn when they pulled the trigger on the draft day trade. If anybody here thinks DA DA DA DUMB has a snowball's chance in Cleveland to start this season is smoking some good shit.

IF the Mangina is smart, and I believe he is, BQ is going to start 16 games this year, as he should. The Browns need to unerstand what they have in this guy - a Queen or a King.

More contridictions .... "When two guys are in the middle of a QB battle ... someone is smoking the good shit if they think one of them has a chance" .... (hint: whoever was dumb enough to make the above statement is fried already)

I wish Brady Quinn was our QB when Byner fumbled.

Thank the football gods that we have Stan and Zombo to educate us on the fundamentals of football and that discussing the QB position is pointless.

You know, I've had an epiphany based on their infinite wisdom: we should cut both DA and Quinn to save money and bring back Frye.

Guest ATENEARS
Thank the football gods that we have Stan and Zombo to educate us on the fundamentals of football and that discussing the QB position is pointless.

You know, I've had an epiphany based on their infinite wisdom: we should cut both DA and Quinn to save money and bring back Frye.

Brilliant! My whole goal here was to inform everyone that discussing the QB position is pointless.

Do you people even know how to fucking read?

Don't look now but Earl's nice thread about everything but the QB position is sinking to the bottom of the front page.

freaking posers.

I'm actually more worried about Zombo than you, I think Shep has turned Zombo into an anti Quinn.

I still like Brady Quinn very much. I have stated as recently as yesterday that I hope he takes command of the position. I have stated numerous times that I think Quinn will win the job because he will be the more consistent and accurate passer when they start playing games ... hmm, don't I look foolish now!

Shep? No, we have long had a mutal respect. He does his routine, I do mine. He loves QBs , I love defense. He gets overly-optimistic, I get overly-critical. When we get too full of ourselves, he'll remind me of Derrick Johnson, I'll remind him of Joey Harrington.

No, my problem comes when we get shut out in a preaseason game and Quinn's fans are celebrating like Iraqi's shooting their guns off in the street because Quinn sucked less than Anderson sucked. I'm a Browns fan, I don't want either of them sucking, let alone both of them.

That's what zero points is ... sucking. Quinn did a nice job getting them down the field but he didn't seal the deal ... he gave the ball back to the other team. Red zone turnovers will get you fired in this league ... not promoted. And to see the same people who wanted to tie a rock around DA's neck last year when he was playing with Dropsie and the Misfits forgive Quinn because "Braylon shoulda caught the one before" makes me sick.

I want a QB that when his guy drops a TD pass, he drills it so hard into his gut on the next play that he has no choice to catch it. Neither QB has shown me that. Neither QB has stepped up to the challenge yet.

My money is still on Quinn. But I've said all along "lesser of two evils" does nothing for the Cleveland Browns but keep us weak. I want a strong, commanding, playmaking QB to emerge, grab this team by the balls and start beating the f*** out of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

If that doesn't make me popular around here ... then take up a collection with SoupDawg and see if you can get me banned.

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS
Someone pointed out the lack of separation the WR's are getting. Factor that in, and some of those completions were damn impressive.

That would have been me ... and to think that it was my opening post in this thread that started all the hating.

Actually, I'd rather not see us force those throws, but if it is all we got, it was a damn good way to move the chains, and nice catches btw too. Several diving-type catches ... how do we factor those in the QB rating re-calculation?

There are no positives to take from this game cos there was no touchdowns.

For a team that has been chocking on touchdowns for the final quarter of the previous season, the emphasis for the preseason should not just be on testing out rookies, clearing the QB competition and winning the game, it must be about getting that touchdown. Even in a defeat the one moment that we celebrate are the touchdowns that our teams score and this game did not have any.

... how do we factor those in the QB rating re-calculation?

Hmm yes, add 20? Sounds good.

Now, count the TD, subtract the INT and attempt, add 20 for no WR separation, another 10 for only getting half the starter snaps since spring, 5 cuz chicks dig him, and he comes out at a 162.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

;)

Watching that video, I see that our WR's sure don't get a lot of seperation. Only Edwards on his drop beat his man enough for a clean look. Cribbs slant wasn't too bad, and although the TE's aren't getting away from their coverage, they are at least getting into their patterns without all the backyard zig-zagging from Winslow in recent years.

I still don't like Quinn's short-arm release. It has no zip on the ball. That INT was horrible, Braylon was blanketed on that play. The Packers stuffed seven men into the end zone on the drop, a little better play calling could have been utilized on that next play.

This was your opening post in this thread.

Find me one positive thing you said about Quinn in there. Oh, the "wasn't too bad" comment?

And then you come off holier than thou when some of us challenge your points/tone on the QB topic. Classic.

More contridictions .... "When two guys are in the middle of a QB battle ... someone is smoking the good shit if they think one of them has a chance" .... (hint: whoever was dumb enough to make the above statement is fried already)

You know what I mean. I have been saying from the beginning that BQ should have been playing from the first game.

Archived