THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Chat Room

gumby73

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Nowhere because obviously if this was the first time for a team to ever play the SB in their home stadium.....any qualifiers beyond that would be the first also.  Win or lose it would have been the first.  Overdog or underdog it would have been the first.  

You really don't know when to STFU do ya.

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

Play off Lennie as he's referred to around here.

AB,, Gronk,  Ryan Succop.. All huge understated contributors..

But the biggest un noticed contributor of all?

Tristen Wirfs.. Dude has been a monster all year as a rookie..

And no one knows who he is. :D

Actually, almost anyone who is a regular here knew about him:    Recall that the Browns biggest need in the draft this past year was a Left Tackle.  Wirfs was one of  3-4 people we were all looking at, along with Wills, whom we chose.  Andrew Thomas, and Becton.   So, yea, we were pretty well aware of him.  He did a great job as a rookie. 

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Play off Lennie as he's referred to around here.

AB,, Gronk,  Ryan Succop.. All huge understated contributors..

But the biggest un noticed contributor of all?

Tristen Wirfs.. Dude has been a monster all year as a rookie..

And no one knows who he is. :D

And Evans set them all up with his defense clearing downfield threat. Plus a hellofa dive on the PI to get the call. Just a nice little touch to the heel and down he went.  LOL!

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

This game has to be one of the pieces of evidence supporting the need for a good OL before anything else..

The game looked like flag football when KC's offense was on the field.. 360 degree pivots, brutal shots on the QB and a young Fran Tarkenton.

Not coincidentally, Tarkenton made several but won zero super bowls.

Shouldn't see any doubts about the importance of OL play moving forward.  We will, but we shouldn't.

Interesting to see Bucs switch up the 2:1 coverage and do something they didn't in game 1 -- shut down Hill. Will that be the book for next season?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Breaking: Old People Think Modern Artist's Halftime Show is Bad

More at 11

It was bad. Regardless of how old you are

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another year, another simple understanding of how teams win super bowls

-above average at worst, to elite level play at the QB

-A relentless ability to get to the QB

-A OL that keeps your QB upright.

Candidly, we have two of the three. Offseason and draft needs to focus heavily on improving pass rush.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I saw tackles being exposed which is why I picked the Bucs last week. I hear a lot of complaints regarding the Refs but 75 could have been called for holding twice a Quarter. 

And it didn’t stop Tampa from bringing an extra guy or two even though it has been pounded into our heads that you can’t blitz Mahomes.  True sometimes...but you can’t play back and let his WRs run circles in your secondary...you saw timing being disrupted (even when Mahomes evaded pressure).  

The chiefs offense was controlled by the Bucs Front 4 AND the excellent coverage downfield. When they brought an extra the coverage married the blitz concept.  It wasn’t play off and allow a check down to a speedy or crafty Chiefs WR for a catch and run.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Another year, another simple understanding of how teams win super bowls

-above average at worst, to elite level play at the QB

-A relentless ability to get to the QB

-A OL that keeps your QB upright.

Candidly, we have two of the three. Offseason and draft needs to focus heavily on improving pass rush.

Yep.  You win upfront.  If your front 4 can’t get there you need to make the adjustment and bring an extra man or two.  

Im leaning toward first round DT or DE...bringing in another pass rusher via FA.  I don’t like Woods but I see what he needs in his passive scheme. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

More at 11

It was not that at all. 

I had not really seen or heard of Bruno Mars before the 2014 SB and he and the show were fantastic. 

This show was plagued by horrible sound quality,  low energy,  and guys wearing jock straps on their heads. 

While I had not really heard of this guy before, it seemed like he may have had some nice songs......but nothing about them grabbed you and told you:  "You are being entertained".  I would perhaps have to hear his studio renderings to get a better feel for his music, which, like I said, didn't seem bad.

So, maybe a lot more of the "blame" for this disaster should fall on the show's producers than on the artist. 

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yep.  You win upfront.  If your front 4 can’t get there you need to make the adjustment and bring an extra man or two.  

Im leaning toward first round DT or DE...bringing in another pass rusher via FA.  I don’t like Woods but I see what he needs in his passive scheme. 

Honestly, any position in the front seven I see as the absolute target for the Browns in the draft and FA. With Larry seemingly not coming back, and Vernon almost for sure not coming back (and with that injury, maybe done period), any position up front is going to need upgrading. But whoever said it above is right-we need speed on defense. Seeing White, Winfield Jr, and even Suh getting on top of arguably the most elusive QB in the league spoke loudly. 

I said I think in a different thread, but I'm fine with our depth at the DB position notably with Greedy and Delpit in the mix. I actually thought the reserve guys who were often thrust into starts, without traditional practices, played fine to good. If Greedy can come back and start? I think depth there is solid on paper.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Evans set them all up with his defense clearing downfield threat. Plus a hellofa dive on the PI to get the call. Just a nice little touch to the heel and down he went.  LOL!

There were a couple artistic flops on those PI's. And the one where the ball almost was thrown into the seats, and out comes the flag. But shoot yourself in the foot with a stupid penalty that negates an int. 

Not the reason why the Chiefs lost. Brady had a great game, and KC's sieve OL turned Mahomes into a  pinata. 

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm 53 and not only did I know all of his songs, but I knew the words as well... I let my softball team listen to Top-40 (or rock) during their dynamic warmups. NO FUCKING RAP THOUGH. If they want to listen to that shit, they have to do it on their own time.

I'm a Disturbed, Sixx:A.M. Shindown, 5 Finger Death Punch and all 80s metal type of guy..... I ride motocross, MTB, SCUBA dive, sky dive and bungee jump - WTF did you expect I would listen to? ( I'm guessing that "modern" young transgender streaker doesn't share this old guy's taste in music ) 

Anyway, the show was alright. I know why he wears bandages on his face and why he had his mob wear jockstraps. He sounded pretty good for a non lip-synced, stadium performance, and I really liked his set as well.

^ That being said, he couldn't wear Prince's or U2's jockstrap on his face if we want to talk about the best SB 1/2 time shows ever. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm 53 and not only did I know all of his songs, but I knew the words as well... I let my softball team listen to Top-40 (or rock) during their dynamic warmups. NO FUCKING RAP THOUGH. If they want to listen to that shit, they have to do it on their own time.

I'm a Disturbed, Sixx:A.M. Shindown, 5 Finger Death Punch and all 80s metal type of guy..... I ride motocross, MTB, SCUBA dive, sky dive and bungee jump - WTF did you expect I would listen to? ( I'm guessing that "modern" young transgender streaker doesn't share this old guy's taste in music ) 

Anyway, the show was alright. I know why he wears bandages on his face and why he had his mob wear jockstraps. He sounded pretty good for a non lip-synced, stadium performance, and I really liked his set as well.

^ That being said, he couldn't wear Prince's or U2's jockstrap on his face if we want to talk about the best SB 1/2 time shows ever. 

"NO RAP". 

... Proceeds to list off some of THEE shittiest "bro"  bands I can think of.

Those Affliction shirts are,extra-shmedium, I bet.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Rap is great. 

18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

If I wanted to invest.....or waste.....$200 right now BUF vs GB looks interesting to me.  Plus a few hundred bucks on our BROWNS for the fun of it !

I would not sleep on SF... plug in a good QB who can stay healthy and they are primed for a run.

But the NFC is the tougher road taking 6 of the top 10 spots.

And, yes, a couple Franklins on the Browns is warranted.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Not seeing a lot of "bad"... more like not exciting.

Staging was great... but music and performer was just OK.