THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Chat Room

gumby73

18 hours ago, Axe said:

AB,, Gronk,  Ryan Succop.. All huge understated contributors..

But the biggest un noticed contributor of all?

No love for the D?

Barrett, JPP and White were huge in the game and Suh and Vita played well, too... but maybe the most unsung of all was Bowles. Diminished KC OL or not he put together a great game plan.

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He just wants attention now they the poli board is dying

Not only would you be incapable of recognizing good music if it bit you on the arse.. Apparently your parents wasted their money on a University of Michigan education that has left you incapable of constructing an understandable sentence..

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm 53 and not only did I know all of his songs, but I knew the words as well... I let my softball team listen to Top-40 (or rock) during their dynamic warmups. NO FUCKING RAP THOUGH. If they want to listen to that shit, they have to do it on their own time.

I'm a Disturbed, Sixx:A.M. Shindown, 5 Finger Death Punch and all 80s metal type of guy..... I ride motocross, MTB, SCUBA dive, sky dive and bungee jump - WTF did you expect I would listen to? ( I'm guessing that "modern" young transgender streaker doesn't share this old guy's taste in music ) 

Anyway, the show was alright. I know why he wears bandages on his face and why he had his mob wear jockstraps. He sounded pretty good for a non lip-synced, stadium performance, and I really liked his set as well.

^ That being said, he couldn't wear Prince's or U2's jockstrap on his face if we want to talk about the best SB 1/2 time shows ever. 

If he didn’t lipsync. Then wht didn’t the lyrics match up to what we had to watch? 

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm 53 and not only did I know all of his songs, but I knew the words as well... I let my softball team listen to Top-40 (or rock) during their dynamic warmups. NO FUCKING RAP THOUGH. If they want to listen to that shit, they have to do it on their own time.

I'm a Disturbed, Sixx:A.M. Shindown, 5 Finger Death Punch and all 80s metal type of guy..... I ride motocross, MTB, SCUBA dive, sky dive and bungee jump - WTF did you expect I would listen to? ( I'm guessing that "modern" young transgender streaker doesn't share this old guy's taste in music ) 

Anyway, the show was alright. I know why he wears bandages on his face and why he had his mob wear jockstraps. He sounded pretty good for a non lip-synced, stadium performance, and I really liked his set as well.

^ That being said, he couldn't wear Prince's or U2's jockstrap on his face if we want to talk about the best SB 1/2 time shows ever. 

I’m 50 and I  had only heard 1 of the halftime songs. 

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

Not only would you be incapable of recognizing good music if it bit you on the arse.. Apparently your parents wasted their money on a University of Michigan education that has left you incapable of constructing an understandable sentence..

I guess good music is a matter of taste, though I think some music is universally  accepted as being "good". 

And, OK, neither heavy metal nor rap are in that "universal" category.    Those are more in the "matter of taste" category. 

16 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I’m 50 and I  had only heard 1 of the halftime songs. 

I'm a young 53.... hanging with teen girls for the last 20yrs has helped I guess.

^ I can hardly wait for the smart ass comments on that one

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

"NO RAP". 

... Proceeds to list off some of THEE shittiest "bro"  bands I can think of.

Those Affliction shirts are,extra-shmedium, I bet.

^ I guess I'm lucky that I don't know what that even means, and I'm not wasting even one of my remaining seconds Googling it either.

To each their own.... enjoy your Rap. 

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

^ I guess I'm lucky that I don't know what that even means, and I'm not wasting even one of my remaining seconds Googling it either.

To each their own.... enjoy your Rap. 

Don't blame you, Introspection isn't a strong suit for many.  

But if you ever work up the nerve to drop Disturbed off that list, give The Roots a try.  Always fun seeing funk, rock and hip hop in a quality marriage.

37 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't blame you, Introspection isn't a strong suit for many.  

But if you ever work up the nerve to drop Disturbed off that list, give The Roots a try.  Always fun seeing funk, rock and hip hop in a quality marriage.

Yep, I'm like Popeye... I am what I am, and that's all that I am. 

3-4 nights a week I hear something called The Roots on The Tonight Show and if they are one in the same, I'll be sticking with my Bro band for the foreseeable future. 

^ Sweet...... I'm finally a Bro!!!  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Axe said:

Some thoughts. 

1) a few drinks probably means more like 5-10. It's what happens when you hit a parked car. He's in big trouble with a history of a DUI. 

2) He should be fired immediately.  Sorry Andy. Your kids turned out to be a mess. They canned Hunt for way less.

3) Yeah, the other Hunts should step up. $10-20 million is nothing to them. 

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm a young 53.... hanging with teen girls for the last 20yrs has helped I guess.

^ I can hardly wait for the smart ass comments on that one

I would be the obvious person to make such a comment, but since my remark I made on the Tavern, I will abstain... 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Axe said:

In the future, please use an understandable sentence of your own while attempting to rip someone else for something about their sentence.

We'll talk about the style and structure of that sentence later - after you've shown some improvement.