THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Chat Room

gumby73

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Looks like a few posters are dying to try and troll others now that the Poli board is one sided and fading...

They can't help themselves

Who was your favorite among the Village People?   The cop?  The cowboy?  The Indian?  The Soldier? the Construction worker?  The Biker guy? 

• Haha 3

On 2/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, hoorta said:

This may have been the best part of the game. Kevin Harlan with the Radio play by play...  :)  

the streaker bet 50,000 on himself that their would be a streaker the odd's were +750 it cost him 1000 to get out of jail so he cleared 374,000 

damn smart guy id say

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Looks like a few posters are dying to try and troll others now that the Poli board is one sided and fading...

They can't help themselves

The poli board is funnier then ever. 3-4 guys talking to themselves. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

The poli board is funnier then ever. 3-4 guys talking to themselves. 

Make that more like 6-8. Yeah, the core is a few hardcores.  

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

8 different usernames from 4 different guys... all talking to themselves

cracking that thing open is a few months is going to be interesting 

Waste of time Woody.  I mostly just scan the Thread titles anymore.  

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Simply because you asshats can't defend your choice.

And you guys can't deal in reality.  The rabbit hole is several miles deep, and goes deeper every day. The Poli Board is a Right wing conspiracy\propaganda zone- and you know it.  Like the current first two pages of the Poli Board- 47 threads of right wing crap, zero AFAIK from the other side.  Why I don't bother much wasting my time anymore, glad you enjoy your circle jerk.  I'm LOL- BIDEN my time.  After Trump's spineless GQP lackeys get him off the hook for the second time- let's see what happens and- his defense council said as much- the Washington DA files charges against Trump for  inciting a riot. Can't happen? Stay tuned.  

PS- Rudy and Sidney had better have a lot of money- or damn good proof about those voting machines they claim were compromised. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

move along with your Poli board chatroom post... they don't belong here... they get 🔒'ed over here.. and i don't think it's Hoorta B) 

h,

A thought...

Might want to create an pinned thread "down there" for overflow posts that spill out into other forums and the light of day, and simply move any such posts to it.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I would be the obvious person to make such a comment, but since my remark I made on the Tavern, I will abstain... 😂

You better. Thanksgiving won't be the same in Dbone's housefrom then on. 

• Haha 1

From Yahoo Sports.......  About a football game that was over in the third quarter.

The ratings for the Super Bowl are in, and, well … the NFL’s going to be glad this season’s over for a whole lot of reasons.

“Only” about 91.6 million viewers watched the Super Bowl on TV this year, a 9 percent drop from last season’s 100.45 million and the lowest TV viewership since 2006 (Steelers over Seahawks). This game and Super Bowl LIII (Patriots over Rams, 98.48 million) were the only games since 2009 not to crack nine-figure TV viewership marks.

The numbers came in low even though this was one of the most anticipated matchups in Super Bowl history, with the legendary Tom Brady challenging the defending champion and would-be GOAT Patrick Mahomes. A snowstorm packed much of the country inside, and the pandemic has cut into gatherings at Super Bowl parties and sports bars. That seemed to portend good news for viewership totals … but nope.

So why did the ratings decline? Let’s run through some possible reasons:

• Terrible game. Despite the megahyped matchup, this game stunk on ice. The Bucs’ margin of victory was the second-largest in a Super Bowl in 18 years, and Kansas City looked overmatched on both sides of the ball. That doesn’t give casual fans much incentive to stick around.
  • Pandemic fatigue. We’ve got a lot more important things to worry about than football, even the Super Bowl.
  • Other entertainment options. The Super Bowl isn’t the only thing to watch on TV on Super Bowl Sunday anymore, and most of the heralded ads are available well before the game (and all are online afterward).
  • Social justice. A percentage of fans — not as large a group as it thinks it is, but not as small as the NFL and its supporters want to believe, either — has opposed the NFL’s turn toward social justice. It’s not a monolithic boycott — that would mean all ratings would be down across the season, and some games, like the conference championships, saw significant increases over last season — but it’s a factor.
  • Lack of hype. The pandemic also kept thousands of media members and tens of thousands of potential Super Bowl pilgrims at home, robbing the game of its usual week-long hypefest. Stories went untold, angles un-pursued, memories un-made. The Big Game became ... just another game.

There is a sliver of good news for the league. Even if the glass is only half full, it’s a larger glass than any other. The NFL remains the broadcast leader in America, taking the largest share of a smaller pie. It’s also worth noting that online viewership averaged 5.7 million viewers per minute, the most live-streamed NFL game ever and up nearly two-thirds from last year’s Super Bowl. Many of the fans who once watched the NFL on TV have jumped online.

Overall, the 9 percent decline in Super Bowl ratings is in line with the league’s 7 percent decline over the course of the season. The NFL is still far and away the nation’s broadcast leader, but the endless upward trajectory has come to an end.