THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

On 4/28/2021 at 5:10 AM, ballpeen said:

Call me the party pooper amongst y'all.  I like my at least a little on the country, edgy side.  If not just Merle Haggard, my rock in my earlier years was more like ZZ...southern rock.  I have been listen to this guy last nigh

Well we got to get one really good country guy in here. This came out the year I turned 30 and had surprised myself by coming back from Vietnam when many others I knew had not.. Keep on rollin' with the flow with my first kid that year too. Danged if I know why I'm still around still rollin'.🙄

Just now, tiamat63 said:

@TexasAg1969  The tempo on the live version for Hendrix was too fast for my liking.  Sounded more like the speed SRV plays his version at.

I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.😁

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like SVR's version better...............................but I'm biased that way. So much talent.😁

I would like SRV's attempt more if it was the original pacing.  What I love about Hendrix is that slower bluesy rock.   

Outstanding versions either way, won't find me complaining.

edit: @TexasAg1969   the reason I posted Gary was because I heard him a few years back and immediately caught that Hendrix vibe.  In tonality at least.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:16 AM, tiamat63 said:

I would like SRV's attempt more if it was the original pacing.  What I love about Hendrix is that slower bluesy rock.   

Outstanding versions either way, won't find me complaining.

edit: @TexasAg1969   the reason I posted Gary was because I heard him a few years back and immediately caught that Hendrix vibe.  In tonality at least.

What you need is a little SRV Texas Flood. 

Go to the 7:10 mark for a little fun.😂

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 7:26 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/satisfaction-comes-to-keith-richards?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2021-0507-05072021&om_rid=

In honor of the dream this date in history that turned into one of the greatest all time hits.

I remember this well from my high school days when I used to DJ the sock hops in the high school gymnasium.  A guy handed me this 45 record and asked me to play it.

"I can't get no" ...... and the rest is rock and roll history.

For those interested.

There is now available @ aarp.org/moa for members only of AARP a One Day University Lecture on The Genius of Beethoven's Symphonies. From today through July 14 you may tune in through your membership to watch/listen to the lecture. I will try it this weekend unless a huge honeydo list should materialize from the ether. 😁

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

AARP is a liberal insurance sales organization.  No thank you.

They do a very good job of documenting the latest scams against seniors. The rest I don't normally read. I certainly pay no attention to insurance they are peddling.

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Prince... Probably one of the more underrated guitarists of the last 30 years.

I'm not particularly a fan but I think that statement is true. I think the over the top flash kind of deflects from the actual skill he has.

Sometimes I come back to this video to remind myself the guy could absolutely smoke it when he tried.

• Upvote 1