THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

On 10/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, Westside Steve said:

Better than listening to Green Day I guess...😆

Green Day's way of showing their respect to Queen... Green Day opens every concert before with this classic.. Many fan sing along's can be found via youtube...Fans Spontaneous reactions are great.. The video of choice from me? Is when those spirited winds, somehow move the drum cymbals 👻 around 2 minutes & verse into song .. to each his own..

Edit---Enjoy your stuff WSS.. are you working on any new music? Christmas is around the corner 🌲

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Green Day's way of showing their respect to Queen... Green Day opens every concert before with this classic.. Many fan sing along's can be found via youtube...Fans Spontaneous reactions are great.. The video of choice from me? Is when those spirited winds, somehow move the drum cymbals 👻 around 2 minutes & verse into song .. to each his own..

Edit---Enjoy your stuff WSS.. are you working on any new music? Christmas is around the corner 🌲

Did I ever send you a copy of the Christmas CD? If not, give me a snail mail address and I'll drop one in the Box. By the way home for of my solo records are streaming on Spotify iTunes YouTube music Apple music in fact every one of the streaming services.

The new one is called great wishes and small. 

Just do a search for Westside Steve Simmons. Thank you bro!

As to the topic I never thought of Queen has being in that top echelon even though I think they're very good. Generational I guess.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Did I ever send you a copy of the Christmas CD? If not, give me a snail mail address and I'll drop one in the Box. By the way home for of my solo records are streaming on Spotify iTunes YouTube music Apple music in fact every one of the streaming services.

The new one is called great wishes and small. 

Just do a search for Westside Steve Simmons. Thank you bro!

As to the topic I never thought of Queen has being in that top echelon even though I think they're very good. Generational I guess.

i  have allways enjoyed queens music my only problem was they didnt showcase brian may as much as i would have liked 

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Like I say I like them just fine.

The front man always gets the attention. That's life.

WSS

not allways jimmy page pete townsand david gilmour (not a real front man in the floyd)

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Did I ever send you a copy of the Christmas CD? Got iT! 

By the way home for of my solo records are streaming on Spotify iTunes YouTube music Apple music in fact every one of the streaming services. Got ya on  ITunes

Just do a search for Westside Steve Simmons. Thank you bro! Thanks!

Never got the note... sorry Steve...

\The new one is called great wishes and small.   Batter Up! 

Great opening licks & chops!

question? Deep in the Night...were you tinkering with some Billy Joel vibes? If so? Excellent Sir!

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Never got the note... sorry Steve...

\The new one is called great wishes and small.   Batter Up! 

Great opening licks & chops!

question? Deep in the Night...were you tinkering with some Billy Joel vibes? If so? Excellent Sir!

Man, thank you. Actually no. A few records back I did an Irish song Dirty Old Town and I gave it kind of a Southside Johnny arrangement. I swiped that horn Arrangement which I wrote back then and put it with one of my own songs. As a matter of fact Easy Street will be performing this one for our reunions concerts November 5 and 6 at Tanger.

Sandy and Beaver is a factual telling of the events 10 years after the battle of Lake Erie. A sequel to my battle of Lake Erie song. A canal project meantt to go from Canton area to the Ohio River through Carroll and Tuscarawas County

WSS

• Upvote 1

How the hell homes who are you listening to thread all these years.

I freaking love home audio I am a old-school audio guy and collector I’ve got some interesting stuff. And then the current room that I have my two channel rig set up is the best room I have ever set up and it’s irregular it’s from not square it’s got humps and bumps and angles and high ceilings and my stereo sounds freaking awesome and it’s still not it’s still on the initial set up I haven’t started fine-tuning.

what’s been blowing me away the last couple days is the twenty one pilots I will be there first the first release the one with blurry face and the base is so amazing by the way the twenty one pilots drummer is a guy name Josh and he’s my new favorite drummer he’s he’s he’s fast he’s precise he’s strong he’s inventive I’ve never seen a drummer hit a high hat or trap on an upstroke this guy does this guy does. He’s got a really interesting video on YouTube about him getting in the drumming going into the music stores I’m playing on mostly since rooms obviously but on headphones and not letting anyone in the store hear him. Until one day he sat at the kit and achieved for limb independence for the first time that’s what he broadcast of the store and can you stop the store. 
The other one I’m listening to right now is a machine gun Kelly’s I’ll say new one I don’t know how many he has out. And on order Belinda Carlisle caught her last night on that old SNL horror weeks old and SL that my wife and I decided to catch up on I believe it was one of the recent one with Jason Sudeikis hosting.And on order Belinda Carlisle caught her last night on that old SNL horror weeks old and SL that my wife and I decided to catch up on I believe it was one of the recent one with Jason Sudeikis hosting.

received a couple other new things in the mail just recently, including a busy Lenhart Buzzy Linhart. I’dbe surprised if too Manny this side of Westside Steve know that name.

Also arriving soon I name some will probably know but probably not too many given the crowds lack of appreciation of hip-hop or rap. I was able to land a copy of the DOC‘s only release if I recall correctly.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

How the hell homes who are you listening to thread all these years.

I freaking love home audio I am a old-school audio guy and collector I’ve got some interesting stuff. And then the current room that I have my two channel rig set up is the best room I have ever set up and it’s irregular it’s from not square it’s got humps and bumps and angles and high ceilings and my stereo sounds freaking awesome and it’s still not it’s still on the initial set up I haven’t started fine-tuning.

what’s been blowing me away the last couple days is the twenty one pilots I will be there first the first release the one with blurry face and the base is so amazing by the way the twenty one pilots drummer is a guy name Josh and he’s my new favorite drummer he’s he’s he’s fast he’s precise he’s strong he’s inventive I’ve never seen a drummer hit a high hat or trap on an upstroke this guy does this guy does. He’s got a really interesting video on YouTube about him getting in the drumming going into the music stores I’m playing on mostly since rooms obviously but on headphones and not letting anyone in the store hear him. Until one day he sat at the kit and achieved for limb independence for the first time that’s what he broadcast of the store and can you stop the store. 
The other one I’m listening to right now is a machine gun Kelly’s I’ll say new one I don’t know how many he has out. And on order Belinda Carlisle caught her last night on that old SNL horror weeks old and SL that my wife and I decided to catch up on I believe it was one of the recent one with Jason Sudeikis hosting.And on order Belinda Carlisle caught her last night on that old SNL horror weeks old and SL that my wife and I decided to catch up on I believe it was one of the recent one with Jason Sudeikis hosting.

received a couple other new things in the mail just recently, including a busy Lenhart Buzzy Linhart. I’dbe surprised if too Manny this side of Westside Steve know that name.

Also arriving soon I name some will probably know but probably not too many given the crowds lack of appreciation of hip-hop or rap. I was able to land a copy of the DOC‘s only release if I recall correctly.

Ha

Met him on the set of one-trick pony with Paul Simon. I used to have a guitar pick with his name on it, not because I was big huge fan" just had one.

He had a bit in Kentucky Fried Movie or one of those sketch Flix.

WSS