THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

Drove through Milano, Texas to go to the A&M Spring Game Saturday and thought of Johnny Horton who was killed in a head-on collision with a truck on a bridge just outside of Milano on US 79. I always think of this song as well as Sink the Bismark and North to Alaska. 

Happy belated 73rd Birthday yesterday to Mr. Billy Joel 🥳

2- 4 -Twos-day

What do 127 thousand Louisiana rednecks do just hours after the NFL draft?  download.jpg.fc7a5092e7d51b25d642362928943482.jpg

🤠 That's all Ya'll ;)

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Giving it a listen now, appreciating the cut down instrumental production and focus on tone and lyricism. 

There aren't any bangers on it like previous albums, and I've seen some negative reviews. But I disagree. I still think it's great. It isn't GKMC or anything, and honestly it's behind DAMN and TPAB for me, but it's still very good. Very different than what else is out there.

It gets better with each listen through too.

I like Cudi's last album better, but this is getting hate it doesn't deserve. Kendrick evolved, tried some new stuff, stayed a lyrical storyteller, etc. Still great

so, Wifie had a cold, (which I now have) and went to bed early. I was good to watch tv, so I fired up "O Brother Where Art Thou" to watch it for the ...eh.... 7th time over the years? lol.

somehow, this song is great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 7:16 PM, tiamat63 said:

Very underrated (blues) guitarist.

John Mayer is Overrated Garbage... Puhleeze...

22 hours ago, Axe said:

Michael Schenker is my Hero... I studied him to the bone... I got that pinch note technique of his down to a tee.. And the moose call vibrato to go with it...  His sense of melody is the best... Him , Steve Lukather and Ulrich Roth had a huge impact on me...

• Upvote 1