THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

Shinedown...Let's just say I've been aĀ fan since Vocal one. youtube, members 'Smith & Myers'...You will getĀ manyĀ remixes ofĀ songs they do in acoustic sessions..Vocalist rangeĀ isĀ insane...Ā Ā 

Who's up next?Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Echo in the Canyon tonight on Netflix.. Can't recommend it highly enough..

Ā 

I need to get a Netflix password or account. And a smart tv.Ā I want to see this for sure

I spent 6 weeks cutting, now in back to strength training and working to put on about 10lbs.Ā  Ā So during my push-pull days I always open up with a more lengthy band-stretching routine.Ā  Ā So it's a good 20 minutes of getting loosened up.Ā  During that time, I always tend to listen to more orchestrated music before getting into something heavier. Hanz Zimmer is one of my favorite modern composers and I love this soundtrack as well.

Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I was actually listening to a raft of Broadway Tunes. Going to do another CD for fun this time from Broadway.

WSS

Consider doing your version of La Vie En Rose perhaps.Ā  Ā  Ā (It has been done by many others besides Satchmo)Ā Ā  The original was performed by Edith Piaf.Ā The song became very popular in the US in 1950 with no fewer than seven different versions reaching theĀ BillboardĀ charts. These were byĀ Tony Martin,Ā Paul Weston,Ā Bing CrosbyĀ (recorded June 22, 1950),[3]Ā Ralph Flanagan,Ā Victor Young,Ā Dean Martin, andĀ Louis Armstrong.[4]

But, I guess I don't see where it was ever incorporated into a Broadway show.Ā 

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I was actually listening to a raft of Broadway Tunes. Going to do another CD for fun this time from Broadway.

WSS

The Impossible Dream

Memory

Love the Little SidestepĀ Ā 

Tonight

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooKlahoma!

EDIT: I played the youtube of Memory from "Cats" and both of mine got up behind me on the couch to watch these singing cats. Very fascinated they were.šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Consider doing your version of La Vie En Rose perhaps.Ā  Ā  Ā (It has been done by many others besides Satchmo)Ā Ā  The original was performed by Edith Piaf.Ā The song became very popular in the US in 1950 with no fewer than seven different versions reaching theĀ BillboardĀ charts. These were byĀ Tony Martin,Ā Paul Weston,Ā Bing CrosbyĀ (recorded June 22, 1950),[3]Ā Ralph Flanagan,Ā Victor Young,Ā Dean Martin, andĀ Louis Armstrong.[4]

But, I guess I don't see where it was ever incorporated into a Broadway show.Ā 

That's the idea. There's a lot more standard covers I love but I'm trying just to keep it to Broadway.

So far I'm considering

Memories from cats

The Impossible Dream

Luck be a lady tonight

You'll Never Walk Alone

The port of Amsterdam

Too Much Heaven on their minds

Somewhere

The Phantom of the Opera and maybe Music of the Night

Days of Wine and Roses, I'm not sure it was ever on Broadway but it is a show...

Maybe if ever I would leave you from Camelot

Maybe what kind of fool am I?

Don't know if I could pull off a version have a traditional female vocal but Don't Cry For Me Argentina?Ā 

I considered trouble in River City but it's too damn much work.. Robert Preston is one of the greatest of all time but sticking with the music man I could do Till There Was You

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's the idea. There's a lot more standard covers I love but I'm trying just to keep it to Broadway.

So far I'm considering

Memories from cats

The Impossible Dream

Luck be a lady tonight

You'll Never Walk Alone

The port of Amsterdam

Somewhere

Days of Wine and Roses, I'm not sure it was ever on Broadway but it is a show...

Don't know if I could pull off a version have a traditional female vocal but Don't Cry For Me Argentina?Ā 

I considered trouble in River City but it's too damn much work.. Robert Preston is one of the greatest of all time but sticking with the music man I could do Till There Was You

"Somewhere" was one of my two alternatives along with "Maria" from WS Story.

"Don"t Cry For Me Argentina" is a great song. I actually have money I bought from the internet with her on their $100 peso banknote

Ā 
Eva Peron banknote

Argentina's president Cristina FernƔndez de Kirchner unveils the new 100 peso bank note featuring the image of Eva Peron (not to scale) Photograph: Marcos Brindicci/Reuters

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Impossible Dream

Memory

Love the Little SidestepĀ Ā 

Tonight

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooKlahoma!

EDIT: I played the youtube of Memory from "Cats" and both of mine got up behind me on the couch to watch these singing cats. Very fascinated they were.šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ

Another one I thought of from Evita is oh what a circus one that Banderas sang.

WSS

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So far I'm considering

Memories from cats

The Impossible Dream

Luck be a lady tonight

You'll Never Walk Alone

The port of Amsterdam

Somewhere

How about this one,Ā  it is really a sad song,Ā  from just about the greatest musical:

Ā 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:53 AM, Axe said:

Speaking of great vocalists, this woman is incredible. Another from the greatest open air music festival on earth. Wacken...

Ā 

Ā 

DAMN.Ā  Now that girl has a set of pipes and great control.Ā Ā 

Ā 

@gumby73Ā  Ā  Gave the Smith & Meyers video a look...Ā  Ā  Saw shinedown in Columbus when I was 16 and they put on a pretty good show, not my favorite band of that era, but they had some hits.Ā  Still - outstanding vocals there and a genre cover you wouldn't necessarily expect.Ā Ā 

Lost in that Nu-metal are was a 3 piece I saw in Columbus like I told Gumby... but I'm pretty sure it was the next spring? (2005?)Ā  Ā  Underrated group, always loved their bassists tone.Ā  Pretty decent live show from what I remember.Ā  Still, any band that touches on things like the over-prescribing ofĀ ritalin and the Bernie Madoff scheme has my attention.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Well I have to slip one of our tracks in here. It's a fan generated youtube. Only a couple of the things I see out on youtube was actually generated by us but then again, I pay little attention to that side.

Ā To keep the Tejas link going,Ā  my bud James Roseborough from Houston played the Sax on this track.. I wrote it about a road that leads from Rt20 to the Cliffs of lake Erie about 35 miles east of Cleveland. My old stomping grounds and that spot of the cliffs was a high school party spot for many yrs ago

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

i saw stevie at a highschool in LaPort indianaĀ 

it was funnyĀ  he was so drunk he dropped his guitar

Well here is the female version of Stevie Ray. This gal can play a guitar very much like he did. Not good lookin' and overweight, but man can she play.Ā 

Ā 

Interesting thread.Ā 

I cannot think of a specific band/song I listen to, but I'll say IĀ usually work with Spotify on and Lo Fi Beats or Peaceful Piano in the background.

Great background music if you need of something not distracting.Ā 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Interesting thread.Ā 

I cannot think of a specific band/song I listen to, but I'll say IĀ usually work with Spotify on and Lo Fi Beats or Peaceful Piano in the background.

Great background music if you need of something not distracting.Ā 

If you have never heard him before let me introduce you to your other American cousin, one of the greatest I have ever heard in person. My wife

and I had 4th row seats right in the middle in front of the stage. At times I could have sworn there were two guitarists. But there were not that evening.

When it completes you will be able to find his entire playlist in one of the squares that comes up with the same title.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you have never heard him before let me introduce you to your other American cousin, one of the greatest I have ever heard in person. My wife

and I had 4th row seats right in the middle in front of the stage. At times I could have sworn there were two guitarists. But there were not that evening.

When it completes you will be able to find his entire playlist in one of the squares that comes up with the same title.

If you meant AlbƩniz, of course I knew him. But since he was born in the XIX century I don't think you meant you watched him live, so I guess you mean the player :D

Great stuff, nonetheless.Ā 

• Haha 1

Of all the bands I've discovered in the last five or so years, this one is probably hands down my favorite. Saw them at Jacobs Pavilion in the summer of 2019, best concert I've ever been to. Did a kick-ass three song encore (including this song), left, and when people were on their way out came back AGAIN and did a second encore of Tom Petty's 'Refugee'.Ā 

• Thanks 1

The Lumineers have a relatively new album "III', which is excellent, and they did something interesting with it, they made videos to the first ten songs that all go together, telling the story of three generations of a family who all battle dependency issues. Dark, but so damn good.Ā 

Letting my lady sleep in (she's a nap time kind of girl) so grabbed her favorite Dunkin coffee, I'm making breakfast... going to let her slowly ease from her sleep to the melo-metal crash of Deftones.Ā  Ā  Because if there's two things in this life I enjoy most, it's combining the sounds of sex and violence.

Ā 

Ā 

I'll be washing my sins away at Church byĀ 11am...Ā 

and I don't remember a thing after closing down the Card party well after Midnight... but, I haveĀ $35 bucks to put to my Valentine's Church Valet ride...Ā šŸ’•Ā 

CheersĀ to a Good morning Breakfast.. It can't hurtĀ ;)Ā :wub:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 1