THE BROWNS BOARD

Rising Poverty in Russia

Ibleedbrown

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Russia doesn't have a pot to piss in or a place to throw it and hasn't for decades. Only idiots are afraid of the russkies.

Communism doesn't work you say?  Well colour me shocked.

wss

I imagine their definition of “rising poverty” is relative to whatever they’ve been used to in recent years. The article talks about their version of the food bank giving out bags of buckwheat and sugar. I imagine the average American household would be like “wtf do l do do with a bag of buckwheat?”

They haven’t technically been under communism for close to 30 years. Wikipedia calls their govt a “federal semi-presidential republic”, whatever the hell that is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Russia

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Great article.....I’m sure it’s accurate and something America should really look at....

why are you trolling?

I thought certain details were interesting, namely the depiction of a select few wealthy elite and a shrinking middle class where good jobs are getting harder to find. I’ve read similar things about our own economy.

Also the effect of the pandemic within Russia with slashed wages and higher unemployment. As a rival of ours l thought it was interesting to read.

Russia, China, NK...dire economic situations. (Venezuela......)

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/The-Main-Reasons-For-War#:~:text= The 8 Main Reasons for War ,can lie dormant for decades, only... More

1. Economic Gain

Often wars are caused by one country's wish to take control of another country's wealth. Whatever the other reasons for a war may be, there is almost always an economic motive underlying most conflicts, even if the stated aim of the war is presented to the public as something more noble.

In pre-industrial times, the gains desired by a warring country might be precious materials such as gold and silver, or livestock such as cattle and horses.

In modern times, the resources that are hoped to be gained from war take the form of things like oil, minerals, or materials used in manufacturing.

Some scientists believe that as the world’s population increases and basic resources become scarce, wars will be fought more often over fundamental essentials, such as water and food.

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Russia, China, NK...dire economic situations. (Venezuela......)

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/The-Main-Reasons-For-War#:~:text= The 8 Main Reasons for War ,can lie dormant for decades, only... More

1. Economic Gain

Often wars are caused by one country's wish to take control of another country's wealth. Whatever the other reasons for a war may be, there is almost always an economic motive underlying most conflicts, even if the stated aim of the war is presented to the public as something more noble.

In pre-industrial times, the gains desired by a warring country might be precious materials such as gold and silver, or livestock such as cattle and horses.

In modern times, the resources that are hoped to be gained from war take the form of things like oil, minerals, or materials used in manufacturing.

Some scientists believe that as the world’s population increases and basic resources become scarce, wars will be fought more often over fundamental essentials, such as water and food.

Actually l hear China is on the upswing. Steve posted something about it a week or 2 ago. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gordon-chang-us-china-space-next-9-11

Gordon Chang sounds alarm about Chinese ambitions: 'The next 9/11 will be in space'

China expert tells 'Ingraham Angle' US 'lost a lot of ground' to Beijing in space under Obama

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gordon-chang-us-china-space-next-9-11

Gordon Chang sounds alarm about Chinese ambitions: 'The next 9/11 will be in space'

China expert tells 'Ingraham Angle' US 'lost a lot of ground' to Beijing in space under Obama

I’m not quite sure how we went from China’s economy to China in space. Are you trying to say China’s economy must be doing well because they are competitors in space now? Or is this just one of those things where you see the word “China” and freak out a little bit?

A related question. When you have the hiccups do your loved ones sneak up behind you and yell “China”?

Russia and China are having serious troubles. If china is doing so well, why are they desperately ready for war to expand their control

over the china sea? intimidating Taiwan? stealing our wealth and industrial/military technology?

Why is russia desperately trying to own oil tranport? Why are they wanted to own the Ukraine again ?

Your emotional knee jerking isn't helping you see much of any point. America First - and we don't have to suffer like other countries, and we don't hurt our own country helping them be successful.

because tyrannical governments don't pass that wealth onto their people, they use it for the gov and military power.

see: russia, china, nk. venezuela.

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Russia and China are having serious troubles. If china is doing so well, why are they desperately ready for war to expand their control

over the china sea? intimidating Taiwan? stealing our wealth and industrial/military technology?

Why is russia desperately trying to own oil tranport? Why are they wanted to own the Ukraine again ?

Your emotional knee jerking isn't helping you see much of any point. America First - and we don't have to suffer like other countries, and we don't hurt our own country helping them be successful.

because tyrannical governments don't pass that wealth onto their people, they use it for the gov and military power.

see: russia, china, nk. venezuela.

You’re the only one jerking anything around here dude. You went from “China is in a dire economic situation” to “China is leading the space race”. You kinda left out a whole bunch of stuff in the middle on how you got from one to the other considering it costs a whole lotta money to go to space. 

Now here, you are explaining yourself a bit better. You are being more coherent and l appreciate that. Good job Cal.

But seriously, do your loved ones sneak up behind you and yell “China!” when you got the hiccups?

I can multi-task issues. They are more complicated than vague inherently emotional knee jerk reactions.

Critical thinking really gets you liberal wonks po'd.

you could stop trolling and avoid that, but no.

you can't stop yourselves. You thrive on negative attention, feeling that it doesn't threaten

the feigned validity of how you feel.

sheply.

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I can multi-task issues. They are more complicated than vague inherently emotional knee jerk reactions.

Critical thinking really gets you liberal wonks po'd.

you could stop trolling and avoid that, but no.

you can't stop yourselves. You thrive on negative attention, feeling that it doesn't threaten

the feigned validity of how you feel.

sheply.

I already said l understood your last explanation. I’m not sure how this furthers any meaningful discussion unless putting me down makes you feeel better. 

Actually l hear China is on the upswing ibb

well, shep, seattle - democrat run. portland, democrat run. Oregon - democrat run,  california - democrat run, NY - democrat run, minnesota democrat run, illinois, democrat run.

social/economic disasters.

https://thewire.in/economy/post-soviet-russian-economic-collapse

https://www.ccn.com/chinese-economy-collapses-in-the-first-quarter-is-us-next/#:~:text=China%E2%80%99s%20economic%20doom%20could%20be%20an%20omen%20for,could%20set%20the%20stage%20for%20a%20multi-quarter%20slowdown.

Early indicators suggest China's economy is plunging in the first quarter. A weakening China has direct implications for the United States and the rest of the world. | Image: AP Photo/Andy Wong

Chinese Economy Collapses in the First Quarter – Is the U.S Next?

there, sheply. emote over that.