THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Tracker

The Gipper

On 2/17/2021 at 3:34 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Give me Troy Hill Slot Corner Rams.   Let’s resign Money Mitch.  Draft a development type DB. Of course for those holding out on the Hope maybe Greedy makes an appearance and you call it day for that position.  

Starting to heat up... https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/08/browns-free-agency-terrance-mitchell-performance-market-value-future-in-cleveland/  

Need to start seeing a few CB signings, to see where this new market value moves to slot Money Mitchell.. Hope he stays 🤞

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Starting to heat up... https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/08/browns-free-agency-terrance-mitchell-performance-market-value-future-in-cleveland/  

Need to start seeing a few CB signings, to see where this new market value moves to slot Money Mitchell.. Hope he stays 🤞

Agree on the wait and see.  The list of starter and depth quality CBs in the free agent class is long. 

But 2yr. 6M in a heartbeat

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Salary cap not announced yet - still waiting on TV deals to finalize.  So deadline for tags will likely push back.

Million dollar suits running the place and they did not see this coming...  Sanford and son Redd foxx GIF - Sanford and son Redd foxx Fred sanford GIFs

Jets placed franchise tag on safety Marcus Maye, per source.

Good Player.. Replaced Jamal Adams

Next.. 

Washington is using the franchise tag on guard Brandon Scherff again.

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Clayborn released saves 3M.

Strange move as he’s worth 3M and we need depth on the Dline.

It seems that when teams take a position of concern, and make it worse, it means that they're going to attack the position in a big way.  - They've already tendered Porder Gustin, of diving interception fame.  

3 hours ago, Orion said:

March
3/9: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

Full List of Tagged Players

▪️ Broncos S Justin Simmons

▪️ Jets S Marcus Maye

▪️ WFT OG Brandon Scherff

▪️ Bucs WR Chris Godwin

▪️ Jags OT Cam Robinson

▪️ Giants DL Leonard Williams

▪️ Bears WR Allen Robinson

▪️ Panthers OT Taylor Moton

▪️ Saints S Marcus Williams

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I hear that both Mitchell Schwartz and Kevin Zietler have been cut.  Correct me if I am wrong but cut players like this do not have to Wait until March 17 to sign with another team. 

Zeitler is old news. Add Fisher to the list...  https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-releasing-ots-eric-fisher-mitchell-schwartz

It's what you have to do when you sign Pat Mahomes to a $45,000,000 million annual contract.  :)  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Zeitler is old news. Add Fisher to the list...  https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-releasing-ots-eric-fisher-mitchell-schwartz

It's what you have to do when you sign Pat Mahomes to a $45,000,000 million annual contract.  :)  

But the Giants have Daniel Jones on a rookie contract.  Why did Zeitler have to go.?  Injuies?

Big signing for Bills... good player

Buffalo is re-signing LB Matt Milano to a four-year, $44 million contract that includes $24 million guaranteed, per source. Milano is willing to forego free agency for another run at the Super Bowl. #BillsMafia

Denver has 32M in cap space... Von Miller showed up in the new GM's office Monday.. still not a peep, from Von nor Denver of a late deal.. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/denver-broncos-von-miller-shows-up-at-uchealth-training-center-for-in-person-visit

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Even more startling... Mitchy-poo as well!

Some team with a home field not in NE Ohio is going to really upgrade their RT slot.

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Some team with a home field not in NE Ohio is going to really upgrade their RT slot.

Injuries must be the main factor. Both must not be coming off of them very well. Sounds like retirement to me.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wonder if them Bengals are interested. Talking with one of their season ticket holders yesterday,  if Sewell is still on the board when they're on the clock, done deal.

Best helmet visors in the nfl headed to Houston..

Texans and former Browns and Packers’ LB Christian Kirksey reached agreement on a one-year contract worth up to $4.5 million, per source.
paid 6.5m in GB

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thank Dog free agency starts this week!

4 PM  on Wednesday March 17.    St. Patrick's Day.  You can get your Guinness on before it all starts.

Me?  I have to be as sober as a judge that day, because I have to be a judge that day. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

4 PM  on Wednesday March 17.    St. Patrick's Day.  You can get your Guinness on before it all starts.

Me?  I have to be as sober as a judge that day, because I have to be a judge that day. 

Hey Gip question for you, by total coincidence I ran into the obituary for a judge down your way I assume you knew him.  Do you work out of the Barberton Municipal Court ?  Do you work with judge Todd McKenney ?   I'm not as familiar with the who's who in the legal system as I used to be.  Also the late Judge Judge I'm not familiar with him either.

Honorable Judge John D. Judge, 63, of Barberton, Ohio, a Judge with the Barberton Municipal Court, passed away on Friday, June 30, 2000. Friends may call on Sunday, July 2, 2000, 2-7 p.m., at Bacher Funeral Home, 3250 Greenwich Road, Norton, Ohio. A Mass of Christian Burial will be offered on Monday, July 3, 1 p.m., at St. Augustine Church, 204 6th Street NW, Barberton, officiated by Reverend Paul Clines. Interment will be at Holy Cross Cemetery. If desired, memorials are appreciated to American Cancer Society, c/o Bacher Funeral Home, 3250 Greenwich Road, Norton, Ohio 44203.