THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Tracker

The Gipper

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Gip question for you, by total conscience I ran into the obituary for a judge down your way I assume you knew him.  Do you work out of the Barberton Municipal Court ?  Do you work with judge Todd McKenney ?   I'm not as familiar with the who's who in the legal system as I used to be.  Also the late Judge Judge I'm not familiar with him either.

Honorable Judge John D. Judge, 63, of Barberton, Ohio, a Judge with the Barberton Municipal Court, passed away on Friday, June 30, 2000. Friends may call on Sunday, July 2, 2000, 2-7 p.m., at Bacher Funeral Home, 3250 Greenwich Road, Norton, Ohio. A Mass of Christian Burial will be offered on Monday, July 3, 1 p.m., at St. Augustine Church, 204 6th Street NW, Barberton, officiated by Reverend Paul Clines. Interment will be at Holy Cross Cemetery. If desired, memorials are appreciated to American Cancer Society, c/o Bacher Funeral Home, 3250 Greenwich Road, Norton, Ohio 44203.

Absolutely.   I don't work "with"  Judge McKenney,  but I certainly know him well and have appeared in front of him many times. We have also worked on community service projects together as he belongs to a neighboring Kiwanis Club to mine. 

And I certainly knew Judge John Judge very well.  I actually did work "for" him a bit in the past.....serving as an acting Judge in his court several times.  But I also appeared in front of him many times as counsel. .  He was a bit of a mentor of mine.  And IMO he was one of the finest jurists ever in the State of Ohio. His brother was also the Mayor of Barberton for a number of years. So, at the same time in the same town you had a Judge Judge and a Mayor Judge. 

And FYI on your blurb, my parents are also buried at Holy Cross Cemetery,  and Bacher Funeral Home was/is  a client of mine (and also handled my parents arrangements).  Eric Bacher, the owner is a very good friend of mine.  

And here is a sad, but interesting note, considering the pandemic we have been going through:   Eric's father, Jim Bacher,  was one of the few people in the State of Ohio  who died from  the West Nile Virus.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:33 PM, Orion said:

March
3/15-17: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2020 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 17.
3/17: The 2021 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

and away we go !!  W00F !  your updated FA list.. updated March 12th https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents  if we add 9 draft picks? cost is just under 8M.. 

Browns sit 12th in cap space with just over 24M.. Some deals may get announced...but contracts can't be official until Wednesday March 17th... So ! Who do you wish Berry to sign? 🤔 

We can't pass on several good Defensive Ends (ready break! 👏)  GO BROWNS !!

On 3/12/2021 at 10:43 AM, hoorta said:

Wonder if them Bengals are interested

First team that came to my mind... especially for Mitch at RT...

Signings:

Kevin Zeitler to Baltimore

Christian Kirksey to Houston

Mark Ingram to Houston

Pat Elflein to Carolina

Tyrell Williams to Detroit

Stephen Weatherly to Minnesota

Others of note:

Bernardick McKinney  traded by Houston to Miami

Aaron Jones resigns with Packers

Kyle Juszcyk resigns with  SFO   (Cloverleaf HS)

Cam Newton resigns with Pats

Allen Robinson tagged by Bears

Leonard Williams tagged by Giants

Lavonte David resigns with Bucs

Brandon Scherff tagged by Washington

22 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

A few more been announced 

Ngakoue - Raiders

Agholar - Patriots

Kendrick Bourne - Patriots

Ronald Darby - Broncos

That makes   6  Free Agents signed by the Pats just today.   Which is all fine well and good....but won't make up for the loss of Brady and Gronk. 

Though....I see that Houston has signed   9 FAs just today.    Do they think that will make Watson want to stay there? 

One of those was Browns Vincent Taylor  DT....who I am not sure I even knew was on the team. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Urban Meyer picks up  Carlos Hyde  for the Jags......of course, he was his college coach.

More paychecks for Hyde.  He's hard nosed runner.

9 minutes ago, ATOM said:

and to believe I went off on ghoulie for hating the hire 

But you're man enough to admit it.  I gave Hue the benefit of the doubt...until the first Bengals game.  It was then that I knew we had a bad coach.

We signed a safety, Johnson from the Rams!  

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

But you're man enough to admit it.  I gave Hue the benefit of the doubt...until the first Bengals game.  It was then that I knew we had a bad coach.

We signed a safety, Johnson from the Rams!  

ya huey is a joke and should never coach again oh well old news  and yes johnson is a nice signing