THE BROWNS BOARD

Screw Tim Tebow, the Greg Paulus Era is upon us!

Guest mz.

I like it from both a PR standpoint and a football standpoint. It isn't like Cam Dantley is taking us anywhere.

Paulus to start at quarterback for Syracuse

(AP) – 1 hour ago

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Former Duke point guard Greg Paulus is the starting quarterback at Syracuse.

He won the job after transferring and getting an NCAA waiver to play football as a graduate student at the Newhouse School of Public Communications.

Paulus was a Parade All-American as a record-setting quarterback in high school in Syracuse.

Coach Doug Marrone announced the decision. Senior Cam Dantley, last year's starter, and two underclassmen were also in the running to start.

Syracuse says Tuesday it will play three home games at the new Meadowlands stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. The first will be against Southern California in 2012 and then two against Notre Dame in 2014 and 2016.

The Orange open the season Sept. 5 against Minnesota in the Carrier Dome.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

via here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius

Wow. Nice first half for Tea Bag - 12/17, 127 yards, 1 TD.

His receivers helped him out with a lot of yards after the catch and he was lucky that an ill-advised throw across his body wasn't picked, but he's looked very good for a guy who hasn't played in five years.

Also: Arthur Jones. Beast.

Guest Aloysius
Curious: How many year(s) of eligibility does Paulus have? Is this it?

Just one year. And he just committed a huge mistake in OT, throwing a pick on 3rd and goal.

Guest Aloysius
Williams looks like the REAL deal...how fast is he?

About 4.5 speed. He's a carbon copy of Brandon LaFell, though he does have some character concerns (suspended all of last year after being caught cheating on two exams).

Hands might be an issue as well.

Mike Williams is absolutely the real deal.

And I should know...I have seen hundreds of fake deals wearing this uniform recently that it's pretty easy to spot one...

PS I think this team is competitive this season. I picked 6-6, but the MIN loss hurts my prediction.

Archived