THE BROWNS BOARD

Public school principal tells parents to 'reflect' on 'whiteness,' includes chart

Vambo

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

the left is desperately nazi-like in that their power culture includes weaponizing education to radicalize American school children.

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/glenn-beck-podcast/comparison-to-holocaust

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Interesting. If you had to pick one, which one would you choose of the 8 identities?

The one that says I worked hard since 12 with a paper route...bussed tables...went to college...saved my money, wore Jimmy hats...have a decent career.  All with a single mom of 5 raising us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

The one that says I worked hard since 12 with a paper route...bussed tables...went to college...saved my money, wore Jimmy hats...have a decent career.  All with a single mom of 5 raising us.

It’s obviously not a chart l created but l thought it might be some goofy fun to play along if anyone else was willing. 

I’m not sure how this answer plays into their definitions, but l guess if you interpret having a work ethic as an attribute of “whiteness” then l guess you could superimpose the term “work ethic” over top the word “white” to find your rating.

Here’s the definitions they are using taken from Vambo’s link. 

7119449C-A811-416F-9990-D2E5A39658AE.jpeg

Just now, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s obviously not a chart l created but l thought it might be some goofy fun to play along if anyone else was willing. 

I’m not sure how this answer plays into their definitions, but l guess if you interpret having a work ethic as an attribute of “whiteness” then l guess you could superimpose the term “work ethic” over top the word “white” to find your rating.

Here’s the definitions they are using taken from Vambo’s link. 

7119449C-A811-416F-9990-D2E5A39658AE.jpeg

Fucking stupid.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Not sure where I fall.
Had a job since 16.

Had both parents and they are still together.

50 years old and I love my wife and my life

Their definitions don’t have anything to do with those things. It basically boils down to how proud or ashamed someone is for being white. It’s meant to shame people who are proud to be white. 

41 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Their definitions don’t have anything to do with those things. It basically boils down to how proud or ashamed someone is for being white. It’s meant to shame people who are proud to be white. 

I'm not proud or ashamed.  Are you?

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Not proud or ashamed. Just white 

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

of course it does - that is bs.go back to work already. earn your keep in this world. We don't give out undeserved "participation trophies" for whining.

tenor.gif?itemid=19283336

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

of course it does - that is bs.go back to work already. earn your keep in this world. We don't give out undeserved "participation trophies" for whining.

tenor.gif?itemid=19283336

It is and it isn’t. After reading their 1 through 8 classifications and how they were presented l could tell immediately what they were trying to do. It makes white people uncomfortable, and that’s what it’s intended to do. They don’t want to answer, they side step or create their own definition, which is exactly what happened here. 

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It is and it isn’t. After reading their 1 through 8 classifications and how they were presented l could tell immediately what they were trying to do. It makes white people uncomfortable, and that’s what it’s intended to do. They don’t want to answer, they side step or create their own definition, which is exactly what happened here. 

What if everything was reversed and instead of white replace it with black would it be answered...or would there be riots?

Things won't get better until prefixes are removed.

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

To play a little devil’s advocate, is it inherently wrong for someone to have a sense of pride in being who they are? After all, they had to be born that way to be eligible. What value comes from being ashamed of that?

I'm not uncomfortable at all.  Like I said, its stupid.  

8 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

To play a little devil’s advocate, is it inherently wrong for someone to have a sense of pride in being who they are? After all, they had to be born that way to be eligible. What value comes from being ashamed of that?

Stupid shit like this is just masquerading as racism (not about your post in particular).

But as long as it’s aimed at Caucasians...that’s ok.

What a society we’re living in these days, one would think we would be beyond this.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Stupid shit like this is just masquerading as racism (not about your post in particular).

What a society we’re living in these days, one would think we would be beyond this.

You’re not wrong. I suppose all l’m getting at is l understand why this exists.

If you think of society as a body of water, an incident like George Floyd’s death is like a meteor hitting it. It creates tidal waves going in one direction (think riots and black lives matter), then the water crashes into things and flows the other way (think blue lives matter, all lives matter), then crashes into other things and flows the other way (think this chart)...

But with each wave it loses intensity until we’re back to something resembling a calm body of water. It’s why l don’t get too worked up about stuff like this. I recognize the patterns and with a glass half full perspective it’s just a wave to ride to smoother water. Now those earlier waves, those are destructive. But this one is surf-able.

At it’s heart something like this isn’t so bad. An exercise in reflecting on whiteness. The way it’s presented is a little jive though, but that’s because it’s trying to get you to look at it through a different lens. 

• Confused 1

yep. but it's an emotional knee jerk reaction to everything to emphasize conflict and racism, etc....

to keep the masses focused AWAY from the left's continued stupidity, hypocrisy, and failures.

• Upvote 1

If you think of society as a body of water, an incident like George Floyd’s death is like a meteor hitting it.

The part I don’t understand is, you take the white guy in Texas several years back who was killed by police in the same manner as George Floyd.

Where was the outrage?

Why didn’t it get media attention?

Where were the riots and looting?

Is his life any less important than George Floyd?

The only difference was he was a white guy.

The part I don’t understand is, you take the white guy in Texas several years back who was killed by police in the same manner as George Floyd.

Where was the outrage?

well, the meteor isn't allowed to "hit the water" because obaMao commie and the msm don't get leftwing political advantage over a white guy who dies.

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Where was the outrage?

Those are all questions that sort of boil down to something that this chart is driving at. Why are we different? What is so different between being black or white?

I don’t really have those answers. Like most of us l’m stuck with my own life experiences and perspective that comes with that. I’m pretty well convinced there are differences though, and you can pick up nuggets of perspective here and there if you look for them.

It’s a process. There’s a whole lot l don’t understand, but l’m a curious dude who tries to figure stuff out. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Those are all questions that sort of boil down to something that this chart is driving at. Why are we different? What is so different between being black or white?

I don’t really have those answers. Like most of us l’m stuck with my own life experiences and perspective that comes with that. I’m pretty well convinced there are differences though, and you can pick up nuggets of perspective here and there if you look for them.

It’s a process. There’s a whole lot l don’t understand, but l’m a curious dude who tries to figure stuff out. 

Having served in the Army and Navy, and being stationed with blacks from 17 on I think I know more than some liberal fucking principal.