THE BROWNS BOARD

Can the Browns be the next AFC NORTH TITLE holder

BrownsfaninPa

After so so many years of lousy seasons, never having any steady wins , our coaches come and go, players with high expectations end up being a flop. And now this team is making moves and winning games. Keep this team going in the same direction with dedicated players who want to be on a winning team , and not in it for themselves. Having the very positive season we had in 2020, and embarrassing the Steelers at their house in a playoff game says a lot. Bring back those glory days of Bernie Kosar, Kevin Mack, Ernest Byner etc. Today it's Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt, & Nick Chubbs, and of course the ever loving dawgpound.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Who remembers the WLAF games in the early 90's. I was a fan of the San Antonio Riders. I chose that team only because of the team colors. When the WLAF was formed, and the teams were announced, the S.A. Riders team colors were Brown, Gold, & White, with a  hint of orange. The team only lasted 2 seasons. But those team colors were my favorite. I though of a fanasty team using those colors and came up with a team name THE CRAWLERS. Helmet was gold with two brown stripes and a white stripe in the middle. The helmet logo was a spider web that stretched the entire side of the helmet. with a brown facemask. Home jerseys were brown with white numbers trimmed in orange, away jerseys were white with brown numbers trimmed in orange, Pants were gold with 2 brown stripes, and one white stripe. The brown jerseys had white and gold stripes on the sleeve, and the away jersey had brown and gold stripes on the sleeve.

Hi Gip, yes those were the days. I mailed 2 Jason Garrett cards to him when he was HC at the Cowboys, and he signed them for me. I have a collection of S.A. Riders cards along with all the other WLAF teams. Brown, gold and white look so good . Would love to find a RIDERS mini-helmet.

Here is a little trivia for all of you. From 1948 to 1955, this Cleveland Browns player is still alive today at 96 yrs old. Dub Jones. He has a son who also played in the NFL, That was Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts . Bert is now 69 yrs old. I'm not sure but I believe Dub may be the oldest living Browns player today.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Here is a little trivia for all of you. From 1948 to 1955, this Cleveland Browns player is still alive today at 96 yrs old. Dub Jones. He has a son who also played in the NFL, That was Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts . Bert is now 69 yrs old. I'm not sure but I believe Dub may be the oldest living Browns player today.

I didn't know he was still alive.

10 hours ago, Erie Dawg said:

I don't see why not. The Steelers are going to be battling it out with the Bengals for last place this year. With some overdue luck and a solid draft this year The browns could be set up for the long term.

i believe pit will be at the bottom of the north

if somehow cin can protect burrow I can see them winning 7-8 games 

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:57 AM, BrownsfaninPa said:

Who remembers the WLAF games in the early 90's.

I have zero memory of this league.

I haven't paid attention to an alternate league since the mid-80's USFL including the San Antonio Gunslingers with Nuiheisal and the Jim Kelly lead Houston Gamblers.