THE BROWNS BOARD

Daylight savings time

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

What a stupid bunch of shit. That is all.

WSS

Move to Arizona or Hawaii, that is all.  I would have thought as a musician you'd like it. Give me double DST in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Move to Arizona or Hawaii, that is all.  I would have thought as a musician you'd like it. Give me double DST in the summer. 

I hate it. Until recently when urban renewal put the Works  out of business I did the Detroit Saint Patrick's day parade every year.  The Sunday before Saint Patrick's day meaning I had one less hour of sleep to fuck around trying to get into Detroit  on Sunday morning.   The rest of the yearI don't play at kid bars anyway. You know the ones that stay open until 230.

WSS

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Doesn't exist in Russia and North Korea among other places in the world either.

Our plant in Indiana just over the Ohio line either, it was so stupid with them calling us here in Boardman Ohio after everyone but me and our secretary had left.  Also they had to have one secretary there stay over an hour during DST just for us.  EVERYONE should get with it and be on daylight extending DST !  Make it a federal law lock up all violaters !

I 💕 love it and was glad when they extended it for more glorious evening 😎 sunlight.......screw those early birds who are up at 5 am !  :lol:

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I hate it. Until recently when urban renewal put the Works  out of business I did the Detroit Saint Patrick's day parade every year.  The Sunday before Saint Patrick's day meaning I had one less hour of sleep to fuck around trying to get into Detroit  on Sunday morning.   The rest of the year I don't play at kid bars anyway. You know the ones that stay open until 230.

WSS

Well for us being on the west end of the Eastern Time Zone- it's not too bad in the winter. Gets dark around 5:30.  OTOH- living in Chicago east side of CST- to my mind it getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon would really suck.  

I'd be fine with permanent DST, It would be a little inconvenient in the winter with sunrise a little before 9AM.     Then you have Alaskan winters with sunrise at 10:30, and sunset around 2 in the afternoon.  I didn't have trouble up there in Anchorage in June- you can read a paper at 1 in the morning. Go a few hundred miles farther north to the National Park- the sky is very blue at 3 in the morning.  :)  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well for us being on the west end of the Eastern Time Zone- it's not too bad in the winter. Gets dark around 5:30.  OTOH- living in Chicago east side of CST- to my mind it getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon would really suck.  

I'd be fine with permanent DST, It would be a little inconvenient in the winter with sunrise a little before 9AM.     Then you have Alaskan winters with sunrise at 10:30, and sunset around 2 in the afternoon.  I didn't have trouble up there in Anchorage in June- you can read a paper at 1 in the morning. Go a few hundred miles farther north to the National Park- the sky is very blue at 3 in the morning.  :)  

Well I'm not much for setting policy based on what's good or bad for Alaska… Sunrise and sundown are fucked up in Alaska no matter what you do.   I'd rather have an extra hour of light at the end of the day than in the morning. We have electricity these days I hear.

😏

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I'm not much for setting policy based on what's good or bad for Alaska… Sunrise and sundown it's fucked up in Alaska no matter what you do.   I'd rather have an extra hour of light at the end of the day than in the morning. We have electricity these days I hear.

😏

WSS

But I though you hated DST?

The state of Florida voted to abolish this bullshit a few yrs ago but apparently it requires approval from the Senate or some stoopid shit soo,,,  you can guess how far it went after the people spoke.

this country is seriously fucked up

7 hours ago, Axe said:

The state of Florida voted to abolish this bullshit a few yrs ago but apparently it requires approval from the Senate or some stoopid shit soo,,,  you can guess how far it went after the people spoke.

this country is seriously fucked up

I've said it before the vote and/or the will of the people means about as much as a decision made by student council.

WSS