THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Madness 2021

Tour2ma

Notes on the bracket:

Big Ten has  10 teams from what I can see.  They also have  4 of the Top 8 seeds. 

Three Ohio schools in it:  Ohio St.  Ohio U.  Cleveland State.     Last time CSU was in at about this same seed....they made the Sweet 16. 

Besides the Big 10s 10 teams:   Big 12 has 6,  SEC  6,  ACC  6,  Pac 12  5.   I am not sure about the Big East as I am not sure what schools are in that conference now. 

Also note: NO Duke.   NO Kentucky.   N. Carolina only an 8 seed.   Kansas a 3 seed,  UConn a  7 seed.  Villanova a 5 seed.   Screw the "Blue Bloods". 

At least 2 teams are going to the tournament for the first time ever:  Abilene Christian,  Grand Canyon.  could be others. 

• Zombo pinned this topic

Three in so far...

image.png.22869b062dfd88785bd37a697868c177.png

You don't have to pick the 4 "play-in" games so there is still time to get in on the fun.

Greg... please work your screen-name into your bracket name so Z knows who gets credit for the win. ;)

5th entry... who's next?__________ your running out of time  (convenient quick pick options (to mess-up with later) & your in &  out in under 3 minutes  

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

5th entry... who's next?__________ your running out of time  (convenient quick pick options (to mess-up with later) & your in &  out in under 3 minutes  

LAST CALL !   Get your lucky 63 ⛏️ picks in now.

Screenshot_2021-03-18_114711.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Just got in, at the buzzer of course lol.

Hey what's more exciting than a buzzer beater ?

• Upvote 1

Here's the schedule....... FYI everyone :

• First Four — 4 p.m. ET coverage start on Thursday, March 18. First game at 5:10 p.m.
  • First round — 12 p.m. ET coverage start on Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20. First game at 12:15 p.m.
  • Second round — 12 p.m. ET coverage start on Sunday, March 21, and Monday, March 22.
  • Sweet 16 — 2 p.m. ET coverage start on Saturday, March 27, and 1 p.m. start on Sunday, March 28
  • Elite Eight — 7 p.m. ET coverage start on Monday, March 29, and 6 p.m. start on Tuesday, March 30
  • Final Four — 5 p.m. ET start on Saturday, April 3
  • NCAA championship game — 9 p.m. Monday, April 5

🚨 Get a printable 2021 NCAA bracket .PDF here 🚨

Couple really good games yesterday in the "First Four" pairings headlined by UCLA over Michigan St. in OT.

MSU and their motion offense looked unbeatable much of the game , but UCLA has two stars and a bunch of good role players. They are gonna give BYU all they want on Saturday.

29 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Holy shit I watched the game in the bar just here, that’s a huge upset right? 

Id like to know the pre match odds if anyone knows 

Yes big upset. A 15 seed over a 2. 

We need another 15 over 2 upset with the Cleveland State Vikings over Houston 

I did something that I never, ever do I picked OHIO STATE to win it all........and they really chocked !  

Oh well, I get to join tour's losers bracket.  Hey maybe I'll join ESPN'S Sweet 16 bracket later.

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Thought they’d made that 3pt right at the end. What happens if it’s still a tie after OT?

You play on until there's a winner.

Oh something from ncaa.com.  https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2021-02-25/what-march-madness-looked-year-you-were-born

1950 - CCNY (24-5)

1950-ccny.jpg
A program from the finals.

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Thought they’d made that 3pt right at the end. What happens if it’s still a tie after OT?

Keep going.  Longest OT game in history:

On Dec. 21, 1981, the Cincinnati Bearcats defeated the Bradley Braves 75-73 in seven overtime periods at Robertson Memorial Field House in Peoria, Illinois. It took 75 minutes of game time (35 of which came after regulation) to determine a winner.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:28 AM, gumby73 said:

(convenient quick pick options (to mess-up with later) & your in &  out in under 3 minutes  

Ah Chit! 💩 I lied 😇... I'd like to change 2 picks..But ya can't :o... Live & Let die 🎶.. here we come...🕺

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

I had BY Sue in the Final Four ...

On 3/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Tour2ma said:

... UCLA has two stars and a bunch of good role players. They are gonna give BYU all they want on Saturday.

:D ... of course I had BYU as well... 

UCLA at #11 and #14 Abileen Christian have to be two of the lowest seeds to ever meet in the 2nd round.

Two  10+  seeds have made it to the Sweet 16 just today:

#11 Syracuse  and   #15 Oral Roberts continues their Cinderella run, beating Florida.

#10 Rutgers was  thisclose to making it,  but they choked a lead away with  like 30 seconds to go. 

Tomorrow at least a 3rd  10+ seed will make it with either  UCLA or Abilene Christian going. 

Hopefully #13 Ohio U  will also make it through. 

(of course....calling  11 seeds  UCLA and Syracuse "Cinderellas"  doesn't really seem right....but that is the way it is this year. 

21 hours ago, Zombo said:

I had BY Sue in the Final Four ...

I'd bet B.Y. Sue is finer than this holy nag.. image.jpeg.69ae39cb35846405386ee1b0b4e0d29d.jpeg 

Sister (fine) Jean's 🤭 Chicago Loyola takes down her whole State, while leaving Gumby's small lead down to... how far can Baylor go ? 

Stay tuned and good luck everybody !