THE BROWNS BOARD

Guns

Threes and I didn't post the entire article is that it's in AOL article which don't usually translate well to the BB

“Okay, I’ll take that deal,” Colbert said. “Let's regulate guns the way we regulate alcohol and cars. You got to be 21, got to pass a test to get a license, you got to have registration and insurance for your gun. If you move to a new state, you got to do the whole damn thing over again, and you can't go out loaded.”

Politicians love to grandstand and they love to make laws they are not, unfortunately, 3 good enforcing them.

Sure we would be safer if you had to be 21 to drive a car. Or own a firearm. OK. And I am all for training and testing. But face it gun laws are just meant to piss off those on the right. We might even be better off if you had to be 21 to vote.

Of course murder drunk driving  speeding and some recreational drugs  are currently against the law.  Of course the penalties are basically revenue sources for communities rather than safety precautions.

WSS

Of course Colbert is under the mistaken impression that you need to be 21 to drive.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/in-the-woods/phil-robertson-on-gun-control?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Phil Robertson: Gun confiscation would DESTROY our national security

In the Woods

'America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of fire power'

2 hours ago, JAFBF said:

And the "most heavily armed people" didn't revolt?  I wonder why. 

Yawn- when guns are illegal, only criminals will own guns. Heard that one before X 1,000.  

I have a gun and I can stop 'em. Tell that one to the dead officer in Boulder. It won't help you Quick Draw McGraw CCP in the parking lot if the guy with the 556 NATO shoots you in the back first.  :(  

Unfortunately the response of the liberals the left the democrats the crazy people to shootings is to piss off people who foolishly believe that the 2nd amendment is a thing. I know Cal disagrees with me but I think the 2nd amendment has been dead for a long time. When the Supreme Court says it's perfectly fine to put restrictions on any freedom,  that freedom no longer exists.

The debate is even more cynical because there are a handful of mass shootings by all sorts of crazy people with all sorts of weapons. None of which would be slowed or stopped by any of the proposed restrictions. On the other hand hundreds of thousands of people dead in the streets at the hands of 13% of the population and nary a word.

So they probably wont take your guns away today or tomorrow but it's coming. And no we are not going to protect ourselves from a government that overreaches. That ship sailed decades ago. We are no better than we were in 1740. 

Assault weapons are only assault weapons because somebody made up a fake name. But they are just the thin end of the wedge the target is semi automatic, like everybody's 1911 style pistols and then pistols themselves. They will chip away the freedom till it's gone.

It really doesn't matter how angry or happy it makes any of us.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately the response of the liberals the left the democrats the crazy people to shootings is to piss off people who foolishly believe that the 2nd amendment is a thing. I know Cal disagrees with me but I think the 2nd amendment has been dead for a long time. When the Supreme Court says it's perfectly fine to put restrictions on any freedom,  that freedom no longer exists.

The debate is even more cynical because there are a handful of mass shootings by all sorts of crazy people with all sorts of weapons. None of which would be slowed or stopped by any of the proposed restrictions. On the other hand hundreds of thousands of people dead in the streets at the hands of 13% of the population and nary a word.

So they probably wont take your guns away today or tomorrow but it's coming. And no we are not going to protect ourselves from a government that overreaches. That ship sailed decades ago. We are no better than we were in 1740. 

Assault weapons are only assault weapons because somebody made up a fake name. But they are just the thin end of the wedge the target is semi automatic, like everybody's 1911 style pistols and then pistols themselves. They will chip away the freedom till it's gone.

It really doesn't matter how angry or happy it makes any of us.

WSS

Heard a blip from Cancun Cruz. We're not coming for your six shooter Ted. As I mentioned- nothing got done since Sandy Hook. So if the Republicans are OK with the status quo we're going to continue having the occasional carnage. Great- just hope you're not in the line of fire the next time.  Believe me, I can relate to the Boulder situation- as I saw it happen here in Dayton three miles from my house. Stuff like that quickly gets lost on the short attention spans. 

There's a reason we have more homicides and mass shootings than any other civilized country in the world- per capita, we also have the most guns. Short of doing a top secret security check on someone who wants to buy a gun, it wouldn't work. Boulder shooter is Exhibit A.  Hey- you need a license to drive a car, but having to have a license to own a gun?  Damn- that's restricting my freedom!!!  Gee, that's what is largely the case in Canada, and that country hasn't gone to hell because of it.  And an "assault" weapon isn't just some cute made up term. Would paramilitary weapon suit you better?  The army doesn't go into battle with bolt action 30\30s, or shotguns Steve. 

Yeah- Republi-can'ts are pro life, except when it comes to guns. 

PS- regarding the 2nd Amendment, sure we have restrictions. For good reason. If certain items like 30 caliber machine guns, grenade launchers, and other assorted military items were available to the general public- there's always going to be enough crazies out there who would actually use them. I pointed it out way back. Golly gee, I can't just go out and by a ton of ammonium nitrate (it's a great fertilizer BTW) anymore. Because Tim McVeigh used it to blow up a building. Shoes in the airport because of one crazy. Tamper proof packages because- as my Doc pal pointed out- someone slipped some cyanide in an Excedrin bottle. Too bad Steve that we have to spend billions in added costs and lost time every year because of a handful of evil crazies.  

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, and Dumbocrats are concerned about gun homicides but don’t give a rat’s ass about killing an infant in the womb.

I’ll bet there’s more infants murdered each year than gun deaths in the U.S.

Where’s your outrage Larry?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

PS- regarding the 2nd Amendment, sure we have restrictions. For good reason. If certain items like 30 caliber machine guns, grenade launchers, and other assorted military items were available to the general public- there's always going to be enough crazies out there who would actually use them. I pointed it out way back. Golly gee, I can't just go out and by a ton of ammonium nitrate (it's a great fertilizer BTW) anymore. Because Tim McVeigh used it to blow up a building. Shoes in the airport because of one crazy. Tamper proof packages because- as my Doc pal pointed out- someone slipped some cyanide in an Excedrin bottle. Too bad Steve that we have to spend billions in added costs and lost time every year because of a handful of evil crazies.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Heard a blip from Cancun Cruz. We're not coming for your six shooter Ted. As I mentioned- nothing got done since Sandy Hook. So if the Republicans are OK with the status quo we're going to continue having the occasional carnage. Great- just hope you're not in the line of fire the next time.  Believe me, I can relate to the Boulder situation- as I saw it happen here in Dayton three miles from my house. Stuff like that quickly gets lost on the short attention spans. 

There's a reason we have more homicides and mass shootings than any other civilized country in the world- per capita, we also have the most guns. Short of doing a top secret security check on someone who wants to buy a gun, it wouldn't work. Boulder shooter is Exhibit A.  Hey- you need a license to drive a car, but having to have a license to own a gun?  Damn- that's restricting my freedom!!!  Gee, that's what is largely the case in Canada, and that country hasn't gone to hell because of it.  And an "assault" weapon isn't just some cute made up term. Would paramilitary weapon suit you better?  The army doesn't go into battle with bolt action 30\30s, or shotguns Steve. 

A lot of verbage but missing the point. It's not called the bill of needs. Anyway yes they will be coming for your 6 shooters as soon as they get semi automatics outlawed. And don't play dumb that's the end game.  Then a revolver with 6 bullets will be the next target one shot breech loaded pistols and then bye bye.

You might want to make a note of this murder is against the law at adult think any republicans voted against it. Vehicular homicide is against the law and yet automobiles are prevalent in society. Depends on your idea of abortion murder or just an easy way out of irresponsible sex. Doesn't matter to me. But it is legal anytime any place any reason.

PS- regarding the 2nd Amendment, sure we have restrictions. For good reason. If certain items like 30 caliber machine guns, grenade launchers, and other assorted military items were available to the general public- there's always going to be enough crazies out there who would actually use them. I pointed it out way back. Golly gee, I can't just go out and by a ton of ammonium nitrate (it's a great fertilizer BTW) anymore. Because Tim McVeigh used it to blow up a building.

And you democrats have always been anti personal responsibility.You love to blame everybody else for the shitty actions of people vote for them.  Just remember it's not a right at all if they can tell you what you are allowed to do or not. You have a right to bear arms as long as a single shot 18 mmeter bolt action pistol. You have freedom of speech until you offend somebody that votes for the democrats. It's just a symptom of an ageing and decaying society. You and I probably won't be around to see it collapse. Only idiots thank history began 50 years ago.

Shoes in the airport because of one crazy. Tamper proof packages because- as my Doc pal pointed out- someone slipped some cyanide in an Excedrin bottle. Too bad Steve that we have to spend billions in added costs and lost time every year because of a handful of evil crazies.  

Anyway David Bowie sang we want you Big Brother.  Not quite sure whether you love the welfare state or the nanny state more probably just politicians love to wield power whether it does anybody any good or not.  Anyway enough people love the path of least resistance to just put their heads down and let the politicians tell them what to do.

WSS

so, the bizzaro world according to Hoorta:

it's just happy days:

619,591 abortions - in 2018 alone. It's just fine if unborn and BORN children are tortured and murdered for the convenience

of liberals.

in 2017 alone, 37,133 people died in motor vehicle crashes.

Those deaths are happy days to the lefties like Hoorta.

Here is a fact check:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/10/27/fact-check-do-drug-overdoses-kill-more-americans-than-gun-homicides-and-motor-vehicles/

GUESTP-DeathA-020116.jpg

it's true. but the left demands drugs be legalized, and drug cartels come to America in droves.

Does anybody see Hoorta or any other leftie calling for banning cars? restricting the ability to own a car?

nope. drugs? nope.

the left LOVES Roe vs Wade.

we are the FREE-EST country in the world -

nobody else has our CONSTITUTION/BILL OF RIGHTS.

There's a reason we have more homicides and mass shootings than any other civilized country in the world- per capita, we also have the most guns.

nope. another leftie lie.

all? lefties LIE. Their 100% emotionalist knee jerk blindness demands it. Their egos DEMAND it.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country

It certainly seems that the United States has the highest mass shootings rate of all the land, but this has been proven untrue. In recent years, the Crime Prevention Research Center released information regarding the annual death rates due to mass shootings around the world. The countries that were looked at in this data analysis were:

can everybody (assuming Hoorta and woodpecker WON'T see the truth) see where our United States is?

so, what we have here, is a failure to communicate by Hoorta because of TDS BS.

from the link above:

The Crime Prevention Research Center looked at the death rates that resulted from mass shootings between the years 2009 and 2015. Here are the average death rates, in millions, per country, between 2009 and 2015. The countries are already listed in order of the highest death rates to the lowest median death rates.

• Norway 1.888
  • Serbia 0.381
  • France 0.347
  • Macedonia 0.337
  • Albania 0.206
  • Slovakia 0.185
  • Switzerland 0.142
  • Finland 0.132
  • Belgium 0.128
  • The Czech Republic 0.123
  • The United States of America 0.089
  • Austria 0.068
  • The Netherlands 0.051
  • Canada 0.032
  • England 0.027
  • Germany 0.023
  • Russia 0.012
  • Italy 0.009

Mass Shootings by Country 2021

CSV

Population 2021
Mass shootings in U.S. compared with other countries 1.888   5,465,630
Serbia 0.381             8,697,550
France 0.347 65,426,179
Macedonia 0.337 2,082,658
Albania 0.206 2,872,933
Slovakia 0.185 5,460,721
Switzerland 0.142 8,715,494
Finland 0.132 5,548,360
Belgium 0.128 11,632,326
Czech Republic 0.123 10,724,555
United States 0.089 332,915,073
Austria 0.068 9,043,070
Netherlands 0.051 17,173,099
Canada 0.032 38,067,903
United Kingdom 0.027 68,207,116
Germany 0.023 83,900,473
Russia 0.012 145,912,025
Italy 0.009

Mass shootings in U.S. compared with other countries

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

And the "most heavily armed people" didn't revolt?  I wonder why. 

Yawn- when guns are illegal, only criminals will own guns. Heard that one before X 1,000.  

I have a gun and I can stop 'em. Tell that one to the dead officer in Boulder. It won't help you Quick Draw McGraw CCP in the parking lot if the guy with the 556 NATO shoots you in the back first.  :(  

Same thing that's going on right now in our Country.

This has been in the works for years and years and years.

How many people do you think are going to stand up to them and stop them ?

What are you going to do if they break down your door at 0300 to seize your guns (Roger Stone for BS) ?

Even if you were awake / alert when you see them coming, what are you going to do ?

Serious damn question, applies too everyone, self included.

They want the guns because they plan on doing something you'd shoot them for.

They're talking about Mask mandates for years, mandatory Vaccines, and Vaccine Passports just for starters.

I've even heard of 3 year lockdowns for UK being talked about.

West Coast, and a good part of the East Coast are quite different than what you're seeing in OH.

From where I'm sitting, ya'll better hope I'm not the Nutjob you think I am, and that there really is a "Plan".

Otherwise I don't have much faith in the generation that needs a "Safe Space" for words that "Offend" them.

Not picking / blasting you Hoorta, just trying to make a point.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

By the way I'll be expecting somebody to write an  Anti gun executive order and stick it in front of dementia Joe any day now.

WSS

He already has two waiting for the right opportunity - given time I could probably dig the references up, but I doubt it'd surprise anyone.

• Like 1