THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal is our "Bus"

hebuchanan

I am hoping by mid season is that James Davis takes over the lead back role and Lewis will take more of a Jerome Bettis role. I still think JL would be great handling short yardage and goal line work, plus it would be nice to finally see an exciting running back in the Cleveland back field.

Guest ATENEARS
I am hoping by mid season is that James Davis takes over the lead back role and Lewis will take more of a Jerome Bettis role. I still think JL would be great handling short yardage and goal line work, plus it would be nice to finally see an exciting running back in the Cleveland back field.

No, he is not. The one thing that really bothers me about Jamal, is that he has come here and tried to thin-out, not bulk up. If one of these other backs would step up and actually serve as a change of pace back, we might be able to afford having him bulk up and be our Bus. But Harrison is a back who has gotten lucky and had some plays drawn up for him to receive the ball out on the wing with daylight in front of him ... he hasn't put in the pounding work between the tackles.

Jamal Lewis has become a Volkswagon ... ok, maybe a Volkswagon Bus.

Jlew aint no bus i wish he was bettis didnt tiptoe through the tulips he rolled them over and stomped on em....;)

NottryingtonitpickbutwhyevenusespacesifyouarentgonnausepuncuationanywayYouknowwh

atImean

It just makes it really hard to read

I'm hoping Jamal plays so amazingly well he makes the probowl and Davis only gets spot duty..

NottryingtonitpickbutwhyevenusespacesifyouarentgonnausepuncuationanywayYouknowwh

atImean

It just makes it really hard to read

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

The others have answered about JL but I have to say that golden boy at the beginning of camp (Davis), hasn't done much since the pads went on and they started hitting. Didn't do it against GB but he deserves the Lions game to prove he isn't just another guy who impresses in trainng camp and can't take it to the field on game day.

Personally, he hasn't shown me too much. I'd rather see Harrison get his shot. don't know if he can hold up, but he should get a shot.

As much as everybody bitches and moans about Lewis (who definately is in the twilight), he'll get his 1000+ yards.

People on this board have a way of elevating rookies into the stratosphere when they have not done ANYTHING. Especially the low round rookies that often get cut..Don Carey is the perfect example. He was getting raves on this board because he can put his shirt on the right way...then everyone is shocked when a 6th round flyer gets cut.....James Davis is just the new flavor. I have not seen him do anything yet that warrants him gaining more carries. . Many guys look good in practice.. It means little until the jersey on the other side changes color.

Hey, maybe he can change my mind in the next 3 games. 1st game vs packers 2 carries for 5 yards and 1 catch for 6 yards... Now I will say that is not enough exposure for me to really make a solid judgement. I am hoping to see him get 30-40 carries in the next 3 games. Then we will have a little body of knowledge before we start saying if he is good bad or cut.

Harrison is they guy who has PROVEN he deserves more carries at this point. I still think Jamal has something left also. We need to settle in who will be playing on the OL before we can really see what the run game brings.

People on this board have a way of elevating rookies into the stratosphere when they have not done ANYTHING. Especially the low round rookies that often get cut..Don Carey is the perfect example. He was getting raves on this board because he can put his shirt on the right way...then everyone is shocked when a 6th round flyer gets cut.....James Davis is just the new flavor. I have not seen him do anything yet that warrants him gaining more carries. . Many guys look good in practice.. It means little until the jersey on the other side changes color.

Hey, maybe he can change my mind in the next 3 games. 1st game vs packers 2 carries for 5 yards and 1 catch for 6 yards... Now I will say that is not enough exposure for me to really make a solid judgement. I am hoping to see him get 30-40 carries in the next 3 games. Then we will have a little body of knowledge before we start saying if he is good bad or cut.

Harrison is they guy who has PROVEN he deserves more carries at this point. I still think Jamal has something left also. We need to settle in who will be playing on the OL before we can really see what the run game brings.

You nailed it, Davis hasn't proved a thing yet.....................................Time to give Harrison his opportunity.

I'm hoping Davis is the great steal of the draft, but I'll wait until he does something before I start pumping him up.

Archived