THE BROWNS BOARD

CHAOS IN THE STREETS

Vambo

I hate it when I resist arrest from a police officer and then get shot by an incompetent officer....

Sure, she is incompetent, but had I have been respectful and followed all requests from law enforcement officers, then she never would have had to reach for any of her weapons and I would be home in 5hrs after being released on bail, or overcrowding, or whatever other things criminals get released from these days.

Once I elect to break the law and push that little snowball off of the cliff, I can't cry and loot when the resulting avalanche destroys my house.

^ Oh well, enough of this for the month, time for me to go back to living my life by following the rules - even the ones I don't like, and treating others how I want them to treat me. 53 years old and a law enforcement officer has never had to ask me to do something twice...... Simply privileged I guess. 

• Upvote 1

I am not sure why these individuals don't make an elaborate show out of surrendering. That's what I would do. The cops would come out of it looking like total assholes and you'd probably get the charges dropped and still be alive. Nope. Instead they try to run like that's going to work. 

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I am not sure why these individuals don't make an elaborate show out of surrendering. That's what I would do. The cops would come out of it looking like total assholes and you'd probably get the charges dropped and still be alive. Nope. Instead they try to run like that's going to work. 

Bingo. Look at the Army Lieutenant. That dude did just that and the cop(s)? was/were fired within hours..... Now I still think he passive aggressively resisted and handled the situation in a way I never would, but Hell, I would take a face full of pepper spray for 1 million dollars any day.... where do I sign up? 

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

Bingo. Look at the Army Lieutenant. That dude did just that and the cop(s)? was/were fired within hours..... Now I still think he passive aggressively resisted and handled the situation in a way I never would, but Hell, I would take a face full of pepper spray for 1 million dollars any day.... where do I sign up? 

Before fatal encounter, Daunte Smith had previous run-ins with police, including a gun incident last year