THE BROWNS BOARD

The Off-season, Players in Trouble Thread

Tour2ma

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Trouble in the mile high city.. Broncos starting OT JaWuan James ripped his Achilles today, out for 2021. 

Fun is that because he got injured away from team facilities.. team not on the hook for salary.

James experienced the injury while working out on his own, away from the team facility, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That he got hurt on his own — and not at the voluntary team workouts that many players are choosing not to attend this offseason — means the Broncos are not obligated to pay his $10 million salary for 2021.

One of the risks inherent in the NFL Players Association’s strategy of encouraging players not to report to offseason work was that a player would suffer a serious injury on his own, and James appears to be the first player to suffer a serious injury while taking that risk.

What is the  purpose of the Union to discourage the players to no report to the offseason work?   What kind of dumbassery is that if it means if they get hurt they don't get paid?  He should sue the PA  for the 10 million he will lose.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

James experienced the injury while working out on his own, away from the team facility, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That he got hurt on his own — and not at the voluntary team workouts that many players are choosing not to attend this offseason — means the Broncos are not obligated to pay his $10 million salary for 2021.

One of the risks inherent in the NFL Players Association’s strategy of encouraging players not to report to offseason work was that a player would suffer a serious injury on his own, and James appears to be the first player to suffer a serious injury while taking that risk.

What is the  purpose of the Union to discourage the players to no report to the offseason work?   What kind of dumbassery is that if it means if they get hurt they don't get paid?  He should sue the PA  for the 10 million he will lose.

Hopefully the Broncos pay him anyway what they would have paid him had he been injured within Broncos' facilities out of a sense of loyalty to all of their players who are trying to find ways to stay ready for the season. I would just stay tuned on this one.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hopefully the Broncos pay him anyway what they would have paid him had he been injured within Broncos' facilities out of a sense of loyalty to all of their players who are trying to find ways to stay ready for the season. I would just stay tuned on this one.

Well...they may.   but,  again,  why is the Player's Association discouraging them from doing their workouts at the team facilities?   Seems to me an unnecessary risk that some team  may in fact be a cockwad about it.....yet be perfectly within their rights to do so. 

• 1 month later...

Callie.... Callie... Callie...

SMH... Not exactly new "news", but I had not heard about it prior to today.

Cleveland Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson pleads no contest to OVI in Brunswick - The assistant coach pleaded no contest after being caught with an apparent blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit.

CLEVELAND — Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson has pleaded no contest to charges of operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI) in Medina County, 3News has learned.

According to court records, Brownson was pulled over for speeding back on May 27 in Brunswick, where she lives. Police later asked her to take a breathalyzer test and she blew a .215, more than twice the legal limit.

Could be worse, I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m watching the Padres Game right now and Baker is in a Padres Jersey at the game...do we have to worry?  

Yes.

He's obviously going to leave in free agency and go play for the San Diego Charg.... uh... never mind. 😉 

On 6/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, SdBacker80 said:

I’m watching the Padres Game right now and Baker is in a Padres Jersey at the game...do we have to worry?  

baker is gonna play for the padres ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The Clark News is good news ... anything that hurts the Chiefs is good.

Mingo ... always thought there was something odd about that guy. Which genius GM spent #6 overall on him?

Z

I think that was Joe Banner/Mike Lombardi? 

Someone better check on SI writer Pete Smith. I'm pretty sure he would have had Mingo's baby if possible.

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mike Lombardi

Lombo... 2013...

18 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Someone named Barkevious Mingo did a bad thing.

Apparently there are worse things than being gay in the NFL...

Right, DH?

36 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/07/12/barkevious-mingo-accused-crimes/amp/

Really hope it's b*******. He seemed like a nice guy. Used to come into Barbarino's when I played there.

WSS

@Westside SteveDoesn't seem like bullshit, and we've got a covo started in this thread. 

Z

On 4/23/2021 at 8:36 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Layne was their other CB starter opposite Haden.. now his bathroom is where he'll be making liquor!

No he wasn't, 3rd round pick out of MI State. Never has played more than a snap or 2. Not being counted on to contribute in 2021.

Justin Layne

Position: CB

6-2192lb (188cm, 87kg)

Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Born: January 12, 1998 (Age: 23-182d) in Cleveland, OH

College: Michigan St.  (College Stats)

Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 2 (12877th overall since 1960)

High School: Benedictine (OH)

Draft: Pittsburgh Steelers in the 3rd round (83rd overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, Westside Steve said:

According to the warrant issued by the Arlington Police Department, which was reported Saturday by Sports Illustrated, Mingo invited a teenage family member and the boy’s friend to visit an amusement park and go-kart complex during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. Mingo was said to have also taken the two boys to a steakhouse and bought them clothes from Nike before returning to a hotel where the 30-year-old was staying on the night of July 4, 2019.

2 years & 9 days and The only proof we have is that Yutes travel in pairs.. 

GIF my cousin vinny, joe pesci, youths, best animated GIFs yutes, free download   GIF my cousin vinny, joe pesci, youths, best animated GIFs yutes, free download   To soon?