THE BROWNS BOARD

Eddie George new Tenn State coach, adds Hue Jackson OC and Pepe Pearson RBC.

TexasAg1969

12 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

We should write our OWN book about Hue!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

We should write our OWN book about Hue!

GIF chris farley - animated GIF on GIFER

I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

13 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

• Upvote 1

It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.  I don’t think anyone believes Hugh is a good head coach and a victim of circumstances.

He should be disappointed though with his lack of QB development with the Browns.  I mistakenly supported the hire because I thought he would at the very least settle the instability we had at the position

He’s a distant memory. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.

I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

And  Fucktards like  Colin Cowherd and others say that  Baker was "immature".   How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but  "immature"  when he had Hue Jackson and  Freddie Kitchens as his  HCs for his first two years in the NFL?  (but remember....he still set the all time rookie  TD pass record even with  Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And  Fucktards like  Colin Cowherd and others say that  Baker was "immature".   How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but  "immature"  when he had Hue Jackson and  Freddie Kitchens as his  HCs for his first two years in the NFL?  (but remember....he still set the all time rookie  TD pass record even with  Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)

Baker was a bit of a mess with the media that first year, but Colin only wanted some of the cake, even though the attention whore won't ever acknowledge it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

Oh, I do haha.

And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Oh, I do haha.

And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.

During that 1-31 run Hue proved to be somewhat worst than the average Texas H.S. coach I've seen over the years here. He had no clue about red zone or clock management. None!

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He’s a distant memory. 

Despite evidence to the contrary? ;)

Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

It's a war of attrition!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Orion said:

lol... like a scene out of Moneyball...

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Despite evidence to the contrary? ;)

Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

It's a war of attrition!

despite a post bringing him up on here or a random yahoo article.  He’s out of sight in Cleveland - a mere footnote to an 0-16 year and a 1-31 span that is now overtaken by a team that had the defending champs on the ropes prior to that they knocked their division nemesis into the offseason.  So I kind of forget.

And of course We have the coach of the year now. And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 

Hard to think that Freddie netted 6 times more wins in his one short stay than baby Huey did in that 1-31 stretch.

• Upvote 1

hue hasn't bean a success much of anywhere he's ever been.....

only is speaking out now because the Browns are DONE paying him,

his contract is over, and he wrote a book and wants to sell it.

Doesn't have a publisher, not surprised......

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hard to think that Freddie netted 6 times more wins in his one short stay than baby Huey did in that 1-31 stretch.

No it is not.

The Browns under Hue Jackson his first two seasons were tanking on purpose. Those teams were straight garbage, with generally garbage draft classes. 

Browns fans were more pumped for the 2019 season with Freddie than they were going into last season. 

Hue is a shitty head coach, but the 1-31 record isn't the reason why. Belichick wasn't getting more than 5 wins total in those two seasons. 

This keeps getting better and better...

Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson joined NFL insider Mike Silver and his daughter Natalie on the Pass it Down podcast to talk about the 2017 NFL Draft. The Browns were picking first overall and wound up with Pro Bowl defensive end Myles Garrett. Jackson explained that he was all-in on Garrett from the start, but said the Browns front office wanted to go in a different direction.

“At the time, there was divide between who should be the first pick,” Jackson said. “I wanted Myles Garrett and I’m an offensive coach. I didn’t think there was a quarterback worth being the first pick in the draft.”

Jackson, who coached the Browns from 2016-2018 and compiled a 3-36-1 record, went on to describe why he was enamored with Garrett. He then explains the front office wanted to select Trubisky instead.

“I was lock and barrel on Myles Garrett,” he said. “But there were others that were lock and barrel on Mitchell Trubisky and me being a quarterback guy, I did not want that. I liked Mitchell, but I didn’t think he was the first pick of the draft at quarterback. There were some rumblings about that and I think everybody knew that. There was truly divide. But the day of the draft, we obviously ended up picking Myles and rightfully so.”

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/bears-mitch-trubisky-2017-nfl-draft-browns/

I'd say you can't make this shit up...

... but obviously you can.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This keeps getting better and better...

I'd say you can't make this shit up...

... but obviously you can.

So yes, you can train stupidity. 

Some sound advice from Shannon Sharpe...

“Let it go. It’s over. It’s a bad idea,” Shannon Sharpe, co-host of FS1′s “Undisputed,” said Wednesday.

“You lied to the Cleveland Browns. You said you were going to be better than 3-36-1 in 40 games,” Sharpe added. “So I guess y’all lied to each other. You were a match made in heaven. I guess y’all deserved each other.”

“You won’t be the last head coach that got the job and failed at it,” Sharpe said. “I guarantee if you had won more games, you would have kept your job.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/nfl-hall-of-famer-tells-hue-jackson-to-let-it-go-when-it-comes-to-the-browns.html

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Some sound advice from Shannon Sharpe...

“Let it go. It’s over. It’s a bad idea,” Shannon Sharpe, co-host of FS1′s “Undisputed,” said Wednesday.

“You lied to the Cleveland Browns. You said you were going to be better than 3-36-1 in 40 games,” Sharpe added. “So I guess y’all lied to each other. You were a match made in heaven. I guess y’all deserved each other.”

“You won’t be the last head coach that got the job and failed at it,” Sharpe said. “I guarantee if you had won more games, you would have kept your job.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/nfl-hall-of-famer-tells-hue-jackson-to-let-it-go-when-it-comes-to-the-browns.html

Listen up Hue- good stuff from Shannon.

Good Leaders are accountable.  Regardless of who did what...said what...suggested this...suggested that.  Hue led a 3-36-1 team. 

If he finds the next spot that spot will obviously not value accountability.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 3:37 AM, Nero said:

So yes, you can train stupidity. 

After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

But here we are...

Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

(per @huejack10)

Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

(per @huejack10)

Well the Eddy George experiment is headed down the tubes already.

• Haha 1

Unusual path from NFL HC to Offensive Coordinator at Tenn St. take away the “St.” and it is still slightly unbelievable.

Easy excuse if failure happens...let me guess Hue...you were working with a first time coach.  He didn’t let you give guys random days off during camp.  I’m sure he will find the trombone player and make him a QB “you’ve got to trust me”

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Unusual path from NFL HC to Offensive Coordinator at Tenn St. take away the “St.” and it is still slightly unbelievable.

Easy excuse if failure happens...let me guess Hue...you were working with a first time coach.  He didn’t let you give guys random days off during camp.  I’m sure he will find the trombone player and make him a QB “you’ve got to trust me”

And he will make him throw 3 times inside the 2 yard line.😁

(After wasting at least one timeout on the decision most likely).

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

But here we are...

(per @huejack10)

I thought April Fools Day was a couple weeks ago.  :D