THE BROWNS BOARD

Whats your best case scenario?

With all of the additions we've made this off-season the main concern I have going into the draft is CB. Ward and Williams have availability issues so there is a good chance that Hill maybe the only quality starter we have at some point in the season. Given he hasn't played a snap in this defense who knows what we have in him.

While playing around on one of the draft simulators I had Farley fall to us and Samuel Jr was there in the 2nd. Then I started thinking, is this the best case scenario? Our DEs are good. DT needs depth but this seems like a really bad class for that position. LBers are ok. Smith and Walker as starters with decent backups behind them. Safeties looks promising with Johnson, Harrison, and Delpit. 

There is obvious concerns with Farleys back but a potential shutdown corner in the end of the 1st is too good to pass up. Even if he isn't able to get on the field we have options with Williams and Samuel Jr in this scenario. 

If you were wondering how my draft went, here you go. 

26- CB Caleb Farley- arguably the best CB in the draft.

59-CB Asante Samuel Jr-one of the best zone CB in the draft.

89- T Walker Little- high ceiling guy. Was hoping for Christensen here.

91- DT Tyler Shelvin- run-stuffer to fill in for Billings.

110- DE Cam Sample- stumpy, versatile high-motor guy. Senior bowl standout.

132- OG David Moore- nasty interior lineman who showed he could handle the big boys at the senior bowl

169- CB/S Kary Vincent Jr- no clue why he's available here. I would have pulled the trigger on him in the 3rd if I didn't double dip already

211- WR Dez Fitzpatrick- homer pick. Really talented wr who was screwed over by poor QB play. 

257- DE Wyatt Huebert- high motor guy that will be a nice to have on the practice squad.

With 2 picks in each of the 3rd & 4th rounds, I'd expect moving up in rounds 2 and/or 3.  Of course, there's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't package up those 3rds &/or 4ths to move up in round 1 either...but as has been said elsewhere, we're not gonna draft 9 guys.  

I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

I’m on board with Jaylen Twyman Pitt.  Goes back to 2019 he opted out this last season.  He’s was a playmaker when I watched Pitt. 

Im with others here on Alim McNeil NC St.  big time athlete with size. 

either of these two would do as well: 

Milton Williams La Tech. PFF loves him.

Marvin Wilson FSU.  Highly recruited developed later in his career 

Round 2,  #59.  (If we don't move up for something else)

I saw a mock with a trade up where we gave up a 3rd and a 4th to move up a little in the first and take Jaycee Horn CB.  Not opposed to it.  He’s a starter day 1 for us.  We could add a DT round 2 that would like be a major rotational piece in Year 1.  The defense looks pretty formidable with two more major contributors 

We are left with 

3,4,5,6,7.   Go best available and add depth. 

just don't see much left in Corners once Horn/Surtain & Newsome come off the board... We've found our slot corner in Hill, so our need would be a outside boundary insurance depth Corner..Due to this.... I can't see Farley getting to pick #26, nor Samuel getting to pick #59 in the 2nd 🤓..Their stock should rise, as BPA at Corner position.. That most teams will over value their real talent, due to position played... LSU Kary Vincent jr. looks to be a great slot* fit behind Hill...imho.. 

anybody else keep seeing reads such as these ? If our gm boots our grounded on winning this thing this year? I'd give these picks, as a best case scenario..(yep! could be complete BS!💩 too) but would a lot us to follow the better draft depth in DE/DT & LB.. 

Stef Gilmore--- ProProFootballFoucs predicts that the Cleveland Browns will trade for Gilmore this offseason. PFF sees the Patriots getting the Browns' 2021 third-round pick (No. 89 overall) and a 2022 sixth-round selection in exchange for the CB.

Marshon Lattimore----Seemingly, if the Saints were willing to take a third and fifth round pick in this year's draft, the Browns would jump on it. A third this year and a fourth next year might be acceptable, though not quite as appetizing for the Browns. It's not a great year for talent and the uncertainty due to the pandemic make 2022 picks more attractive.

We'll elect Unsymp, to do the cap stroke math.. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

just don't see much left in outside Corners once Horn & Newsome come off the board... We've found our slot corner in Hill, so our need would be a outside boundary depth Corner..Due to this.... I can't see Farley getting to pick #26, nor Samuel getting to pick #59 in the 2nd 🤓..Their stock should rise, as BPA at Corner position, that teams over value their real talent... LSU Kary Vincent jr. looks to be a great slot* fit behind Hill...imho.. 

There is a few more names that I think would fit - Patrick Surtain....

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/nfl-draft-cornerbacks-alabamas-patrick-surtain-ii

but the corners will be long gone before the Browns second pick.

but

there one guy I'd think could be a terrific starter eventually, in a later round...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-paulson-adebo-cb-stanford/ar-BB1fIUE5

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Milton Williams La Tech. PFF loves him..

Nfl radio had this stud on yesterday.. Very impressed with his interview... has strong as a Ox 🦏 explosion numbers, that had a role at DE and or 3 tech DT at L-Tech.. I hear a stronger Ogunjobi in interview 💪.. but can't find anything better than UAB game-tape though... got on my game-tape list as of yesterday.. still effort'ing game comp...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Orion said:

With 2 picks in each of the 3rd & 4th rounds, I'd expect moving up in rounds 2 and/or 3.  Of course, there's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't package up those 3rds &/or 4ths to move up in round 1 either...but as has been said elsewhere, we're not gonna draft 9 guys.  

Agree on <9 being drafted this year. Also see securing one or two 2022 picks in the trades.

14 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He does deem to be a ZBS OT.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

There is a few more names that I think would fit - Patrick Surtain....

Problem is Sutain is in the discussion for being the first CB taken.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

More than one person has said he's the best in the draft and likely top 10 overall even with so many QBs going early.

He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

42 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

All top 15 in the draft, but it's a good idea.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yeah I agree but there is always a surprise or two or three. 

I think anyone in that list is worthy enough to have us go to 19 and surrender a 3rd and 4th to do so. 

Yep, time to get out those old trade-off charts.

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Best case scenario?

Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

I'd consider trading out Hayek for Selena Gomez, but I like them on the young side. 🤣

Beckinsale is one of the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen. Wow she is a tasty treat. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd consider trading out Hayek for Selena Gomez, but I like them on the young side. 🤣

Beckinsale is one of the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen. Wow she is a tasty treat. 

Can't really follow you there, but whatever you're in to.

But in keeping with my beautiful latina women, Ana De Armas would probably be my sub in for Salma.  

I'm a simple man, but I'm also particular. 

• Haha 1

I think Best Case, that they get the exact type of LB they covet for their intended style of defense.  I think Berry has done a nice job of tooling up the defensive secondary and DE in FA.

This draft we'll probably get to see what Steph, Woods and Berry believe the modern day NFL defense should look like.  

53 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think Best Case, that they get the exact type of LB they covet for their intended style of defense.  I think Berry has done a nice job of tooling up the defensive secondary and DE in FA.

This draft we'll probably get to see what Steph, Woods and Berry believe the modern day NFL defense should look like.  

You think that is a better case that nabbing  4 Hall of Famers?  And winning multiple Super Bowls.....with Selma Hayek and Kate Beckinsale each giving your  what they got? 

Again, I say, beat that. 

(does winning a 300 mill lottery do it?)

4 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Andrew Berry says Browns have 114 draftable players on their big board ....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this means that we will be using some late round draft capital to move up somewhere along the way, because that would take care of rounds 1-4 pretty much unless other teams are way off from our 114 best. EDIT: 105 go in rounds 1-3.

• Upvote 1